BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrews - Why are people criticising him, one of the best players on the pitch, tracked back, won the ball and pushed forward when noone else would

WHAT! Were you at the same match as me? His passing was awful. The only time his passes found their man were 6 yard passes to men who were already marked. The ball was like a hot potato at his feet and he couldn't wait to get rid of it.

He is a total liability. Fulham where are you when we need you?

I actually saw some guy asleep 2 rows in front of me in the Darwen end. It was one hell of a boring match, a bit like watching paint dry. But 1 point and we're off the mark! Not expecting too many goals this season going off the performances so far. Expecting a lot of 0-0 bore draws

I missed the last game of last season and the first game of this due to holidays so yesterday was my first visit of the season. I have to say I missed the "Darwen End Take Over" from last year and its a pity the initiative hasnt come off this time. The atmosphere from there weas really nonexistent all afternoon although you could argue that the game was so poor that the crowd couldnt be bothered to shout.

It was a poor game with two teams playing one up front and Roberts isnt going to be effective on his own.

Defence looked sound and Chimbonda had an excellent debut. Dunny looked good and he could be the playmaker we really need. Andrews, Grella and N`nonzi are very similar with none of them being outstanding although Andrews showed some awareness at times running into good positions but then spoils his work by a lack of confidence near the box. Mind you if he reads this messageboard then no wonder!

Hoilett looked very promising and Kaalinic showed some neat touches but not yet a £6m player!

I do think BS needs to vary the tactic of long throws into the box as during the second half Jacobsen was in acres of space on the right flank calling for the throw from MGP but all he did was hurl it into the box and headed away.

Still we are on the scoreboard and it could have been 3 points if Dowd had not missed a clear penalty on Dunne.

Just listen to yourself all of you who criticise Andrews, not just you, think at who you are moaning about every week, he's a Rovers player get over yourselves, you couldn't do any better so why moan about him, it bores me, calling a player of the team you're supposed to support is just sad. You're supposed to support the players not criticise them if they do wrong, get over it. :P

Yes but we don't want him to be a Rovers player. I don't boo him when he is on the pitch but I don't want him to BE on the pitch. It's not sad to want the players in your team to be competent, thats part of being a supporter.

Get over it, whatever that it supposed to mean. Sounds to me like the childish habit of sticking your tounge out at anybody who doesn't agree with you.

Yes but we don't want him to be a Rovers player. I don't boo him when he is on the pitch but I don't want him to BE on the pitch. It's not sad to want the players in your team to be competent, thats part of being a supporter.

Get over it, whatever that it supposed to mean. Sounds to me like the childish habit of sticking your tounge out at anybody who doesn't agree with you.

Ye because sticking a tongue out means I don't agree with someone. :rolleyes: What made you come to that conclusion?

You say you don't want Andrews to be on the pitch but Sam makes the decisions not you. Get over it, means get over the fact that Andrews is a Rovers player, rise above it and get used to it.

It's not just Wiki what says he's a striker.

What do you mean "the definition you quote above only serves to contradict your argument that Hoilett is a striker"?

Yes it is getting boring, a bit like how boring it is when everyone says how poor they thought Andrews was. ;)

Give it up Rev. He is so obvously wrong on both points but when you challenge him he just repats the same crap. You can never win against that. Same with Spenney7 and Jonnolad. Easiet way is to ignore them.

Load of rubbish. SA said the formation was 4-1-3-1. So where do you think Grella should have played? If he'd charged up field at every opportunity SA would have had a duck fit with him.

Maybe not every opportunity but once or twice would have been nice - especially when we had chances of a break and there were acres of space available for him to exploit and move into .

Remember we were playing a very poor West Ham side at home and not Man Utd away .

I'm afraid I have the growing belief that Grella is utterly lacking in both application and imagination . In fact he must qualify as one of the most limited footballers in the premiership .

To be the worst player in perhaps the worst midfield in the prem is not something to write home about .

I don't know what was worst about yesterday - the display itself on the field or Allardyce's interviews about it afterwards . If he had been honest and said the performance and tactics were abysmal then I'd applaud him and have confidence that they wouldn't be repeated ......but he didn't .

Guest charlie1

I don't know why people are bothered by the fact that we played crap. We are crap and the sooner people realise this the better our aim is to finsh 17th.

Give it up Rev. He is so obvously wrong on both points but when you challenge him he just repeats the same crap. You can never win against that. Same with Spenney7 and Jonnolad. Easiest way is to ignore them.

Just looked up RIML and find she is a girl. Doesn't make any difference to my opinions but apologies for calling you 'him'. I'm sure you are very feminine but I just don't agree with your opinions on football. :blush:

If you include the Hibs game it's 270. :P

As a left back yes. He played very well yesterday but he is so one-footed that it will cause a problem at some point. He did well though and could well be easily the best right back we have at the club.

And Warnock didn't?

I think Dunn would release a pass earlier IF there was anyone to pass to! It happened on a few occasions when Roberts or Dunn had the ball, there wasn't a single other player within 30 yards.

The whole point of playing a 4-5-1 (or whatever it was), was that your 'attacking' midfielders support the lone striker, that just didn't happen much yesterday.

Yes I agree - but I can also think of at least 2 or 3 times when we all commented on times when he should of moved the ball on.

Thoughts:

Why is Den the only one to comment on Chimbonda's obvious lack of a left foot, It will really restrict our play down the left. I'd wanted to see if he had one, but he doesn't and has no confidence in it. Its now a tactical flaw that could be made to work for the opposition. Hurry up and get fit Nelsen so we can play Givet there.

Well I'd guess it's because we have clearly purchased a right back to play at left back. That aside I was pleased by Chimbonda's performance, lets hope he keeps it up.

I actually saw some guy asleep 2 rows in front of me in the Darwen end. It was one hell of a boring match, a bit like watching paint dry. But 1 point and we're off the mark! Not expecting too many goals this season going off the performances so far. Expecting a lot of 0-0 bore draws

A bloke was asleep in the Riverside too apparently ha, says a lot.

I know quite a few people who buggered off to the pub at half time too it was that bad.

When the team line-up came on TV in the Manxman I must admit it made me feel like not going!

Correct. If Allardyce had his way this very message board wouldn't exist.

Keep sticking up for him if you can.

spencey, who would you bring in as our manager to do a much better job than sam has in his few months at the club? don`t sell out by saying `anyone`, name someone please. if not then-

SHUT THE F__K UP! :angry2:

i nearly went at half time...we should get dreams to sponsor us.

The two lads that sat next to me never returned for the second half.

If this is the way Sam intends to play at home, we might as well only turn up at 4:40 when we start to actually try and win the game.

spencey, who would you bring in as our manager to do a much better job than sam has in his few months at the club? don`t sell out by saying `anyone`, name someone please. if not then-

SHUT THE F__K UP! :angry2:

Souness.

WHAT! Were you at the same match as me? His passing was awful. The only time his passes found their man were 6 yard passes to men who were already marked. The ball was like a hot potato at his feet and he couldn't wait to get rid of it.

He is a total liability. Fulham where are you when we need you?

Al, with regards to KA, I was at the same match as you and on the Riverside too. I thought KA was no better and no worse than anyone else in the Rovers' side except for Givet, Chimbonda and Dunn who deserved one more point each.

Also, someone gave MOM to Nzonzi who, IMO, played OKish but disappeared for long spells quite often.

Strange how different people see players and the game differently!!

Reminds me of Tony Finnegan who most Rovers supporters thought was cr@p. Yet after playing first division Aston Villa in the cup, their supporters thought he was streets ahead of any other Rovers player.

Archived