BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest Carling Cup 3rd Round Preview

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is an ideal game to get him moving and up to speed, Salgado, that is. I would play that side but perhaps move Olsson forward so that it is in effect a 3 5 2 formation with Hoillet in the hole behind Kalinic and Benni.3 4 1 2 and push the game up into their half.

I don't believe that any amount of match pratice is going to improve Salgado's problem, which is not match fitness alone, but far more serious (and completely incurable) is his old legs have GONE. They are NEVER going to come back. Believe me I know from bitter experience.

It would also be a mistake to assume that just because Forest are in a lower league they wont have the ability to run past Salgado. All it takes is a bit of pace, and not very much of it in this case.

I don't believe that any amount of match pratice is going to improve Salgado's problem, which is not match fitness alone, but far more serious (and completely incurable) is his old legs have GONE. They are NEVER going to come back. Believe me I know from bitter experience.

If they are, it would make the Tugay & Vogel excuses start to look very transparent.

I don't do knee-jerk reactions. How many weeks is it he's been around? And how many has he got left? And how much have we seen of him? Granted the lad has been injured, but even so, it's not looking good. By the time he gets match fit it'll be time to pack his bags. I don't doubt his talent, just seems a shame all things considered.

The team:

------Brown------

Salgado-Nelsen-Chimb-Ollsen

Emerton-N'Zonzi-Reid-Doran

---------Hoillet-----------

---------Kalinic-------------

We need to get back on track in this one. Fingers crossed for a team without Andrews. Rest Dunn/Samba/Robbo for the weekend.

If Kalanic does start tonight, it will be a good pointer to whether he's going to make the grade here. Fitness should be no problem for a 21 yr old.

If I had to make a guess at this moment in time, I'd say he wont make it. There you go, get stuck into that!

If Kalanic does start tonight, it will be a good pointer to whether he's going to make the grade here. Fitness should be no problem for a 21 yr old.

If I had to make a guess at this moment in time, I'd say he wont make it. There you go, get stuck into that!

There have been plenty of players that have needed time to settle in a new league plus time being needed to adapt to the various off the field and cultural differences. I hope if he plays tonight that he has a good game and gets a much needed confidence boost, if he doesn't then i am still prepared to give him more time. Also keep in mind what sort of system Sam uses him in tonight when making a judgement, personally i don't think he is the sort of striker that will excel in a lone striker role and would be better with someone alongside him. If he plays the lone striker role then he will need support from midfield, something we couldn't do against Everton. If he plays in a front two he is going to need service especially from out wide.

Still at work (Liverpool) and wondering which way to drive....staright back up the M62/M6 to home sounds best!!

What do you reckon? - M56/M60/Buxton/Matlock/Alfreton/Nottingham...any ideas pronto please....and no I do not have a satnav thingy.

I'd go down the M6 to Stoke and across using the A50, all the way to the M1.

From the motorway roundabout take the A463 (it might be 453, my eyes are fooked).

Then not far past the Uni take the B679, this takes you virtually to the stadium. Much quicker.

Robinson should play - Brown is not good enough - We need to play a very strong side tonight - take it serious, get back to winning ways and get some of our attackers amongst the goals.

Kalinic, Benni, NZonzi, Emerton & Hoilett should all start - if we take tonight too lightly then we could slip up, it wont be easy!

I completley agree with you to be honest, Robinson is head and shoulders our best goalkeeper and there is no point trying someone else for the sake of it, if anyone then it has to be Fielding to give him a chance.

N'Zonzi did very well before his knock and deserves another chance, we have to see where Emerton is at now and Benni, Kalinic and Hoilett all deserve to show what they can do from the start.

I'd go down the M6 to Stoke and across using the A50, all the way to the M1.

From the motorway roundabout take the A463 (it might be 453, my eyes are fooked).

Then not far past the Uni take the B679, this takes you virtually to the stadium. Much quicker.

yep i agree m6,a500,a50,m1 easy peasy!! ;)

I completley agree with you to be honest, Robinson is head and shoulders our best goalkeeper and there is no point trying someone else for the sake of it, if anyone then it has to be Fielding to give him a chance.

Completely agree 100% with that. Fielding obviously has talent, he has been in and around international U21 setup long enough. Brown has shown that he has some ability but will never be a number 1. Having said that I think we'll be lucky to hold onto Bunn, he seems to be once again getting some rave reviews in the championship, just get the feeling that he may move on before he gets a proper shot at being first choice.

Having said all that Brown will start tonight.

I'll go along with OJrovers starting line up.

Was the knock against Everton that bad? In that case I would like Samba there, with a theoretical left flank consisting of Olsson and Hoilett we need some steel in the team as well.

Read yesterday they were hoping it wasn't ligaments or anything else serious.

Was the knock against Everton that bad? In that case I would like Samba there, with a theoretical left flank consisting of Olsson and Hoilett we need some steel in the team as well.

The left wing is weak (defensively) if that is going to be the starting line up. We will need our strongest midfielder closer to the left also.

Archived