BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal V Blackburn Rovers

Eddie

• Backroom

Sadly I see us rolling over and getting our tummies tickled here, a comfortable 3-0 for Wengers men. The good thing is the Villa result has earned us a bit of leway for the big guns in October and I think 4 points from the month would be a good result.

I just hope the board doesn't go into meltodown ala Anfield last season, Mr E I'm looking at you :P

I do agree with you though, put a lot behind the ball and have an outlet, Di Santo looks to have a bit of pace maybe he can do the job. We need to go back to Bully Boy Blackburn for these games, make it ugle and try to frsutrate them.

However please no early silly goals as it will ruin the whole game plan.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the Highbury days we used to visit the Drayton Park (I think I've remembered the name right) which is right next to where the Emirates now is.

went to the drayton last season and it's a great pub for away fans

WOW, THIS BOARD CERTAINLY HAS GOT JAZZED UP A BIT!!

anyway, i`m going for a 0-1 win for rovers with wenger and fabregas spitting their dummy about `that not being barcelona football`, and sam commenting `no, it`s english football, if you don`t like it, **** off`

I'm having the crack too mate.

Good save. :D

Didn't we try to play 10 defenders last season and got well and truly annihilated? Zurab was playing in midfield, if I remember. Just play our best side, focus on our own strengths, and pray for the best.

We'll get stuffed again. Arsenal will score within the first ten minutes.

Arshaving and Van Persil will score against us as usual.

Arsenal 5 Rovers 0 And Whinger will see everything! :(

And what's this all about from the BBC sports site; commenting on Rovers?

• They have managed only one clean sheet this term, in the 0-0 draw against Wolves at Molineux in August.

Also this is worrying:-

• Paul Robinson has conceded 41 goals in 15 games against the Gunners - more than against any other Premier League club.

Heard that paragon of entertaining football, 'Eric' Coyle spouting off on the Radio Lancs programe last night about our game at Arse, obviously hoping we'll get tonked. Not sure, but I also thought I heard him criticize Rovers play in the Villa game, too. :angry2: All I can say is I thought the Dingles 5-0 game at Spurs was pretty entertaining, so no doubt they will expect to be entertained in a similar manner by us tomorrow.

Well I didn't think we'd get anything from the Villa game, and I can't see us geting anything from this one either. Here's hoping I'm wrong again. To me this is a big game for Sam - not so much in terms of result, I doubt too many people will be too suprised/disappointed with a loss - but it is vital for Sam to put out a team that fights and makes it difficult for Arsenal. I'm fed up of us rolling over for the big 4, and I expect rovers to make Arsenal work hard and fight for every bit of posession, every attacking move.

The preview highlighted that we managed to beat Arsenal in the FA Cup with a line up that included the likes of Mokoena and Tugs (a legend but hardly a defensive bastion) in midfield, Derbs and Nonda up front. I'm not sure that todays team is much weaker than that line up, so if we could  do it then, why not now.

The biggest thing for rovers is NOT to conceed early. Arsenal are at their best counter attacking and holding onto a lead. The longer they go without a goal the more frustrated they seem to become, and the more they seem to make mistakes. Rovers have to keep it tight and not conceed, and wait for Arsenal to make a mistake. If we keep it tight, and keep them out the mistake will come. Here's hoping it falls to Dunn or Di Santo rather than Roberts.

Head says 3-0 Arsenal, heart says 1-1.

:rover: we could be without 3 centre backs,happen lardarse will turn out,i would still rest dunny,the scumley game is more winnable and we need our best player fit. :brfcsmilie:

It'll be interesting to see what team Sam puts out. Last season he seemed to write off games like this in favour of the more winnable games like the Burnley home game. It'd be inclined to save our better players, just need to keep the score to a reasonable level.

It'll be interesting to see what team Sam puts out. Last season he seemed to write off games like this in favour of the more winnable games like the Burnley home game. It'd be inclined to save our better players, just need to keep the score to a reasonable level.

its two weeks till the dingles.

Oh dear. If Givet is out I think we will struggle even more than usual... maybe Jones in. I just hope Sam doesn't put Jacobsen at centreback (I actually reckon he would be very good there) and bring in Salgado. Miguel would be mincemeat for Arshavin and co.

Best thing to do Arsenal is pack the middle of the park and force them to go wide.

Then make sure your set pieces are spot on.

Therefore no room for Pedersen.

If the Centre-backs are fit play them all. 3 Centre mids and 2 full-backs. 2 up front. 5-3-2 then??

I'll be interested to see out approach after Sam "threw" the games against last seasons top 4.

If we aren't even willing to try to get any points against these we will struggle badly all season.

Lets try to get to 30 minutes at 0-0 and at least kick a few in the air.

Best thing to do Arsenal is pack the middle of the park and force them to go wide.

Then make sure your set pieces are spot on.

Therefore no room for Pedersen.

If the Centre-backs are fit play them all. 3 Centre mids and 2 full-backs. 2 up front. 5-3-2 then??

I'll be interested to see out approach after Sam "threw" the games against last seasons top 4.

If we aren't even willing to try to get any points against these we will struggle badly all season.

Lets try to get to 30 minutes at 0-0 and at least kick a few in the air.

There is uttely no way we are going to switch to three CBs for one game. It would create more problems in terms of defensive organisation etc than it would solve.

When was the last time that anyone played five at the back? Sam did it at first at Bolton didn't he? I don't think I've seen it in the prem in 5 years at least. Could be wrong though.

its two weeks till the dingles.

Oh dear. If Givet is out I think we will struggle even more than usual... maybe Jones in. I just hope Sam doesn't put Jacobsen at centreback (I actually reckon he would be very good there) and bring in Salgado. Miguel would be mincemeat for Arshavin and co.

I know when the Dingles game is. Get sent off tomorrow and you're out of it.

Under Hughes you went into these games thinking we may scrape a draw, but I believe Allardyce sees games away against the top 4 as no win games, like Liverpool last season, so its a 3-0 loss for me.

On a brighter note Arsenal are a great footballing side, so no shame in getting beat by them.

when the whole world thinks Rovers is going to lose............. the probability of winning becomes very high instead.

Also probably you guys did not notice arsenal's deadly weakness, which just happens to be Rovers strength. Height and size of our players. which would cause hell to arsenal.

So my prediction 2-1 or 3-2 Rovers win.

Archived