BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you in the Darwen End? Rovers flags all the way down the segregated area would look really good. Get it to the game! Was thinking of getting one made myself but nowhere to put it in Riverside.

Actually I'm bang in the middle of the BBE lower (okay, modes98, dont fret. I'm near enuff in the middle). If you look at the BBE lower in the middle after the massive flag has gone across, the wee flag (5ft by 3ft) in the middle is me.

SO nervous

I think Sam will go with the same team that beat Villa, I'd like to see Hoilett but can't see Sam picking him unfortunately - maybe think he could have more of an effect as an impact substitute. Pedersen will play, but please God he better not go hiding in this one - he will need to track back effectively to combat the obvious threat of Wade Elliot, who i feel could cause Chimbonda problems - due to his very one footed nature.

Can also see Grella and N'Zonzi playing in centre midfield, hopefully keeping their decent midfielders in check, and lettign Dunny do all the creating. Please Sam, don't pick Andrews, he will go missing in the game where this simply can't happening. Have that horrible feeling Keith may be lining up against out Dingle 'friends'. How funny and amazing would it be if Keith bagged a 25 yard, 90th minute winner? Unlikely, well.. impossible. But we can dream.

Di Santo is the perfect striker for a derby game, he will chase, work his balls off, has technical ability and will rally the crowd. Emerton has to play, as he too will work himself into the ground to try and help the cause. Diouf could be a good asset, he will love the stick off the away rabble, and it will just spur him on.

Dingles think it is fate for them to win... lets prove them wrong. Although I do have my worries - Coyle will have them incredibly worked up, and he is the same himself. I worry we may have an off day and the unthinkable may happen. I can't even say it....

For all the arguing about limited allocations, getting a bus, pubs opening, this will be out the window come Sunday lunchtime. The atmosphere should be quality from both sets of fans. However, expect the 'Jack Walker' chants from the scum majority in the Dingle end, and drown it out with chants of our own. Get a few cans to defy the pubs closing, and have a good day. Lets greet the Dingles as their coaches pull in (with song of course ;)) and lets cheer the Rovers on to what will hopefully be a famous victory.

BRING ON THE DINGLES

AND ITS NO NAY NEVER... :brfc::rover::brfcsmilie:

It does reflect badly on your club, however you dress it up. It's been petty, bitter, costly and reeks of fear right from the start.

What nonsense! I don't give a dingles what anyone else thinks. It was absolutely the right decision. I don't think it's Rovers fans who are bitter either. Get over it.

• Backroom

This is all starting to get to me now. I signed up to do the Amsterdam marathon for charity 6 months ago and guess when it is....THIS BLOODY SUNDAY!!!!!! The one home game I'll be missing all season. I'm actually traumatised by it and if I wasn't doing it for charity (Macmillan Cancer Support)) then I'd knock it on the head. Life's a bitch sometimes, it really is! Ive worked out that I'll have to run in 3 hours to make it to a local pub to watch it which is not gonna happen! Safe to say I'll be going as fast as I can and might make the 2nd half.

Well done mate, no matter what is said this week you're doing the right thing for a very good cause.

All the best with it hope it goes well

This is all starting to get to me now. I signed up to do the Amsterdam marathon for charity 6 months ago and guess when it is....THIS BLOODY SUNDAY!!!!!! The one home game I'll be missing all season. I'm actually traumatised by it and if I wasn't doing it for charity (Macmillan Cancer Support)) then I'd knock it on the head. Life's a bitch sometimes, it really is! Ive worked out that I'll have to run in 3 hours to make it to a local pub to watch it which is not gonna happen! Safe to say I'll be going as fast as I can and might make the 2nd half.

I'll be looking at the news on sunday, hope to see the headlines "unknown runner wearing a Blackburn Rovers shirt as won the Amsterdam marathon in a world record time!!"

My next door neighbour is also missing this game to run in Amsterdam.

I think it's hilarious personally and I'm proud my club's listened to it's supporters if that turns out to be the case. Lets see, so there's 4000 less inbreds at Ewood and 2000 more Rovers, I can see how that reflects badly on us.

Exactly. Only 2800 inbreds coming over the hill - probably one of the lowest away supports we will see this season and that can only help our players in a derby game. Well done to JW on that one!! :brfc:

BRING ON THE DINGLES!!!!!!

Reflects on who?

Were Burnley ever given the whole stand? Nope.

It reflects ridiculously on Lancashire Constabulary's inability to police a match involving our two clubs. At most other top flight grounds this weekend there will be fans sharing a stand complete with segregation. They wont have restricted ticket sales in the home area's. Especially given the compulsory travel arrangements. Some of the restrictions I can understand. But failing to release the Darwen End lower tickets for sale is a ridiculous decision - was it forced upon Rovers by the police? The truth is that we do not know - so dont go making silly statements with your own opinion.

This is the be all and end all really and I still feel the Whet Spam v Millwall game had a bearing. Don't understand really considering the more recent previous games between the two sides, they manage to cope then - why not now?

philipl

Giving the dingles the whole of the Darwen End was only an option if Rovers got the entire Cricket Field stand.

Unfortunately with gravity and dingles being what they are, no way could dingles be let in above the Rovers fans at the Darwen End so sadly we will have the empty seats

Not quite sure I agree with this philipl - not into this 'I'm taking my ball home scenario' and given the military operations going on for this game -don't see why to some extent they could not have been given some of the seating above.

I understand where longsider is coming from and concur on the herding and shepherding re the travel/ticket arrangements , just that he/she is arguing from the wrong point and blaming Rovers Fans is just pure pettiness.

Rovers fans respond more when there is a decent away following - just hope that the atmosphere does not suffer as a result.

The game is getting more profile and build up than previous games (maybe with the wrong exposure), hope it lives up to expectations as a result.

On a side note - good luck Manc Rover, as they say, there are far more important things going on than a game of football.

I'll be looking at the news on sunday, hope to see the headlines "unknown runner wearing a Blackburn Rovers shirt as won the Amsterdam marathon in a world record time!!"

My next door neighbour is also missing this game to run in Amsterdam.

As long as it's not "unknown runner wearing Rovers shirt dissapears into a coffee shop after finding out his beloved team have gone a goal down against some inbreds from Yorkshire" then I'll be fine. That's 3 Rovers fans I now know running in the event!

2-0 Rovers (Dunn, Di Santo)

As long as it's not "unknown runner wearing Rovers shirt dissapears into a coffee shop after finding out his beloved team have gone a goal down against some inbreds from Yorkshire" then I'll be fine. That's 3 Rovers fans I now know running in the event!

2-0 Rovers (Dunn, Di Santo)

I'd have thought the other 2 people are the same person !

If all his players are fit, I suspect Sam will play..

Robinson

Jacobson- Samba - Givet - Jacobson

Emerton - Andrews - N'Zonzi - Diouf

Dunn

Di-Santo

Would rather see Emerton in the middle, Diouf on the right and Pedersen on the left but I have a feeling Sam is slowly running out of patience with Gamst.

Accyrover

:rover: i might be imagineing it,but the bumley game was quoted as one of the games the darwen end st holders were going to miss.rovers fans complianed about the poor allocation we would get at the turd and the club backtracked,now there is going to be 4k empty seats costing the club 140k,not much we might think,but it pays that dolleber saldalgo wages for 3 months.the club could have done more to allow more fans in either dingles or rovers fans,and when we get a reduced allocation at the turd,it will be no use complianing,it will be called like for like :brfc:

I have a feeling Sam is slowly running out of patience with Gamst.

Good, about bloody time! Most fans who see through the boyband haircut, and the one decent performance and three assists a season ran out of patience with him in 2007 ....

Archived