BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

I'd prefer to have an away end full of Wovers at t'Turf and a full house.

But then we're not terrified of losing.

Oy trumpet polisher you talking about gates again…… :closedeyes:

Expectation in burnley is at fever pitch, seems very much like you’re all setting yourselves up for a mighty fall, we’ll just continue to go about or business quietly and see what happens :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer to have an away end full of Wovers at t'Turf and a full house.

But then we're not terrified of losing.

Do Sky make up for any empty seats at a live match or not? Serious question. :rolleyes:

I've just started doing some research into this game, looking at our Premier League home games in particular and since Sam took over as manager, we have only lost twice at home, firstly against Aston Villa, secondly Man City, both 2-0 losses. Pretty impressive home form under Sam, Won 7, Drawn 6, Lost 2, Scoring 22, Conceding 12 :rover:

Please feel free to have a look yourself, I'm hoping my stats are correct ;)

I have to agree with (part of) what Samantha said... seeing all those empty seats in the DE will just look ridiculous and people who have been told about how passionate the derby is will think nobody bothered turning up! Now I know we shouldn't care about what fans of other clubs think but from all the derby's around the UK how many clubs have such stupid rules about ticketing and half a stand of segregation??!

The Darwen End lower will just have people scattered around here and there, unless just over 1,000 seats are available to sit in and the rest netted off.

02g, I have no doubt with over a week to go we could shift a few more tickets in the DE - there are literally about 3 seats left in the JW stand!

was it not already at the time we played Chesea anyway - glad I wasn't in the ground at the point.

Strange, for the best part of 1/2 century when we have met they have been the underdogs

Wasn't it in Corrie a few years ago that had the bedroom scene of somebody that had the Rovers away shirt on the wall.

Isn't one of the writers/producers a Rovers fan?

Roy, Hayley and drunken Rover see off a Dingle in t'Hordens...

RoyoftheRovers.jpg

*puts on grotesque over-the-top American accent*

The Lanc-i-shire Super Classic Pepsi Showdown Final III

or maybe just East Lancs Derby ffs

Not often I agree with a Dingle but....... :rolleyes:

Rovers and Burnley have met three times in the league on October 18th .

Season League Date Result

1890/91 FL 18 October Burnley 1 Blackburn 6

1947/48 FL FIRST DIVISION 18 October Blackburn 1 Burnley 2

1958/59 FL FIRST DIVISION 18 October Burnley 0 Blackburn 0

I don't want to tempt fate I'm sure you can see the pattern ;)

I'll post all the league/cup derby results and pre-league derby friendlies, if anyone is interested.

Archived