BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one of their songs these days is it not?!!!!!!!!

was it not already at the time we played Chesea anyway - glad I wasn't in the ground at the point.

TCO

Posted Yesterday, 23:16 PM

I hate the fact that they are coming into it as underdogs.

Strange, for the best part of 1/2 century when we have met they have been the underdogs

LeftWinger

Well Burnley may have Emmerdales dingles behind them, but we have the Croppers from Corrie....

http://www.itv.com/s...als/romaniadvd/

About half way down the page - Roy of the Rovers. Apparantly the shirt has Savage on the back.

Wasn't it in Corrie a few years ago that had the bedroom scene of somebody that had the Rovers away shirt on the wall.

Isn't one of the writers/producers a Rovers fan?

was it not already at the time we played Chesea anyway - glad I wasn't in the ground at the point.

Strange, for the best part of 1/2 century when we have met they have been the underdogs

Wasn't it in Corrie a few years ago that had the bedroom scene of somebody that had the Rovers away shirt on the wall.

Isn't one of the writers/producers a Rovers fan?

No he isn't he is an Everton fan but comes with me to see Rovers on occasions "as his 2nd team". He had now left Corrie and sriptwrites for Eastenders and The Bill.

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone managed to read the article from the telegraph from Garner? Its about how he didn't do the plane stunt, but wished he did.

Anyway I have learnt one thing from this, there are Dingles out there who can actually use a phone and speak coherently. :wacko: I didn't thing Dingles could evolve?

:rover: when was the last time we won 3 premier games at home on the bounce :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Towards the end of last season Tottenham, Wigan, Portsmouth

End of last season. Spurs, Wigan and Portsmouth.

Great minds think alike ;)

What's everyone's predictions then? I am really worried that it is fate for them to win...30 years, above us, Premier League... although I can't imagine us losing to them.

Just hope we raise our game for this one, as I know they will raise their game an unbelievable amount.

Worried Dunn may be marked out of the game, due to his recent form.

Please win Rovers :brfc:

What's everyone's predictions then? I am really worried that it is fate for them to win...30 years, above us, Premier League... although I can't imagine us losing to them.

Just hope we raise our game for this one, as I know they will raise their game an unbelievable amount.

Worried Dunn may be marked out of the game, due to his recent form.

Please win Rovers :brfc:

I think it will be pretty close, can't see either side winning by a big margin (if there is a winner). Form can go totally out of the window when it comes to derby games.

I'm expecting a tight game and a hard fought 2-1 victory.

I may be accused of being on a bit of a downer here (for a change) but the other way of looking at this is that we have struggled to sell 24,000 home seats for the biggest game for yonks. I was hoping for a demand for extra seats to be released but see non as yet.

I think I posted on here a few weeks ago outlining what the agreement between Rovers, Burnley and the police was for the game. Part of that agreement was that Rovers would not put anyone in the Darwen End beyond the existing season ticket holders and they would not allow transfers for ST holders in other parts of the ground (you can do it for any other game). These are obviously to keep some control over who will be sitting in there - that would be the most likely area for any trouble in the ground and might have encouraged some of our more neanderthal fans to be in there. Rovers have done what they had to do to allow a segregated stand - the only other option was to give Burnley the whole end, which I think we all agree was not what fans wanted. I think you can post as much as you like about releasing more tickets but it isn't going to happen.

In any event tickets have been on sale for nearly two weeks and have not yet sold out. Surely every keen Rovers fan who can come will have sorted his tickets out for the day by now? Where are all these extra fans who are chomping at the bit to pay £35 for a ticket in the Darwen End? Why haven't they bought a ticket elsewhere already?

I think I posted on here a few weeks ago outlining what the agreement between Rovers, Burnley and the police was for the game. Part of that agreement was that Rovers would not put anyone in the Darwen End beyond the existing season ticket holders and they would not allow transfers for ST holders in other parts of the ground (you can do it for any other game). These are obviously to keep some control over who will be sitting in there - that would be the most likely area for any trouble in the ground and might have encouraged some of our more neanderthal fans to be in there. Rovers have done what they had to do to allow a segregated stand - the only other option was to give Burnley the whole end, which I think we all agree was not what fans wanted. I think you can post as much as you like about releasing more tickets but it isn't going to happen.

In any event tickets have been on sale for nearly two weeks and have not yet sold out. Surely every keen Rovers fan who can come will have sorted his tickets out for the day by now? Where are all these extra fans who are chomping at the bit to pay £35 for a ticket in the Darwen End? Why haven't they bought a ticket elsewhere already?

I know you'll get a rosy glow about not letting too many Dingles into Deadwood, but it's going to cost your club a fair bit of money is this.

And we'll look a bit foolish banging on to anyone who'll listen about what a keen derby match this is when the first thing viewers see is thousands of empty seats. Before you get all excited, we couldn't sell 25k tickets either under the same restrictions either.

I'm just saying it's a shame really. God knows what ludicrous ideas the clubs and police will cook up for the game on the Turf.

All the better if it limits the amount of YOUR 'fans' present.

Toodle pip! ^_^

Perhaps if the allocation they gave us at the turd wasn't so pathetic they would have got more too...

Archived