BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

Sorry Philip, you misunderstood my point. Rovers told us they weren't selling tickets in the Darwen end but they didn't explain WHY they weren't (or couldn't). All they've done is irritate a lot of Rovers fans with the selling of tickets and not explained why. Poor communication leads to disgruntled fans (customers),not a way to encourage people to come back is it?

Oh FFS come on - common sense tells you why!!

Paul Gallagher on the game

“Before I left Blackburn, it was the one fixture I was looking out for,” said Gallagher. “I knew it was probably time for me to move on for my career, but I was just hoping I could have one more go against Burnley.

“It didn’t happen, but I wish it could have done. I will be in the crowd for the game and hopefully cheering a Blackburn Rovers win. We have some good players and there is no doubt they will be up for it.

According to the BeeRadio - Tickets are now selling on the internet for up to £130 a ticket for the game!! :blink:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh FFS come on - common sense tells you why!!

Paul Gallagher on the game

Before I left Blackburn, it was the one fixture I was looking out for, said Gallagher. I knew it was probably time for me to move on for my career, but I was just hoping I could have one more go against Burnley.

It didnt happen, but I wish it could have done. I will be in the crowd for the game and hopefully cheering a Blackburn Rovers win. We have some good players and there is no doubt they will be up for it.

According to the BeeRadio - Tickets are now selling on the internet for up to £130 a ticket for the game!! :blink:

Oh Hughesy common sense tells me why we can't sell tickets in the Darwen end? Please explain then. As being on the database or being a current season ticket holder doesn't allow me to buy a ticket there as opposed to anywhere else in the ground? FFS were all adults aren't we?

Longsider has made a good post. Mears is undoubtedly a better player now than the rabbit who played with Derby but where does he rank amongst Prem full backs? He is not one to wake up in a cold sweat about is he? Elliot is betrayed by the phrase "lacks pace" ie may beat one player but has to pass it well to really hurt the opposition and I don't think he looks the type to bulldoze through with a combination of trickery and strength in the way Dunn can. Nugent does bother me but the trick with him is deny him service and get him to go deeper and deeper looking for the ball which he will willingly oblige.

Overall, Burnley are only dangerous if you let them get up a head of steam playing as a complete unit. That is why I think this game is all about Rovers- press and disrupt the dingles the moment they get posession and quite honestly we could play 4-6-0 (this is not a recommendation by the way) and score from the mistakes they will inevitably make. I agree the Beast could/probably will have an inspired game but again he is not in the list of the ten most agile keepers we will see at Ewood this season.

Sorry if I have given you a false impression here, Elliot is not slow, probably quicker than Dun to be honest, if you can, try to watch the highlights of the play offs and some of our home games, you'll get the idea.

Wade Elliot is a very good player when I have seen him (although 30 years old and a journeyman! Looks a lot younger than that). What Coyle has got out of him and Robbie Blake is quite phenomenal.

What has happened to Chris Eagles - looked their best player by a margin this time last year but now rarely gets that much of a look in?

Agree with you Phillipl that we need to outfight them and press them. Sort of game where Reid would be useful, although he is not currently fit enough.

Hoilett has to play. I think him and Diouf would cause a relatively static dingle back line a few issues.

Elliot a journeyman? Not sure you understand that phrase, was in non league, picked up by Bournemouth and then by Burnley. Effectively 22 when he came into league football, had 4 1/2 years at one club and now the same with us. Compare that to some of your squad, Jason Roberts about 7/8 clubs, Jacobsen 5 clubs etc.

I'll be honest, Eagles has never looked our best player, so far been best as an impact sub.

Still I hope your manager and players are underestimating our players as much as some of you are. Favourites you rightly are but we do have the ability to surprise and players who can generate the odd moment of brilliance (I haven't even mentioned my favourite player Blake :) )

I picked up your own comment that Elliot lacked pace ie not fast in a PL sense like an Anelka, Wright-Philips, Bellamy, Petrov, Lennon, Walcott etc etc..

Elliot is a very good player and might run away from Tugay if he were still playing but he should not be uncatchable for most Prem League players.

I picked up your own comment that Elliot lacked pace ie not fast in a PL sense like an Anelka, Wright-Philips, Bellamy, Petrov, Lennon, Walcott etc etc..

Elliot is a very good player and might run away from Tugay if he were still playing but he should not be uncatchable for most Prem League players.

Yeah Philip, I was worried I'd given a false impression - I did mean he is not fast in the Anelka/Bellamy sense. He does have quick feet though and good close control, shifts the ball well from left to right and many midfielders and defenders will at best foul him and at worst get left by him simply by his changes of direction - well thats what I hope anyway :)

Sorry if I have given you a false impression here, Elliot is not slow, probably quicker than Dun to be honest, if you can, try to watch the highlights of the play offs and some of our home games, you'll get the idea.

Elliot a journeyman? Not sure you understand that phrase, was in non league, picked up by Bournemouth and then by Burnley. Effectively 22 when he came into league football, had 4 1/2 years at one club and now the same with us. Compare that to some of your squad, Jason Roberts about 7/8 clubs, Jacobsen 5 clubs etc.

I'll be honest, Eagles has never looked our best player, so far been best as an impact sub.

Still I hope your manager and players are underestimating our players as much as some of you are. Favourites you rightly are but we do have the ability to surprise and players who can generate the odd moment of brilliance (I haven't even mentioned my favourite player Blake :) )

Give it up mate. If Philipl doesn't consider you a 'Premier League class' player, you aren't.

Newcastle had loads of what he would class as 'Premier League' players last season, ie had earned loads of money, been on the telly a lot, appeared in OK magazine etc. Whereas we have none.

The only drawback being they're in the Championship and we're 9th in the Premier League. It is indeed a funny old game.

Oh Hughesy common sense tells me why we can't sell tickets in the Darwen end? Please explain then. As being on the database or being a current season ticket holder doesn't allow me to buy a ticket there as opposed to anywhere else in the ground? FFS were all adults aren't we?

If your a current ST holder - then you dont need a ticket there...as you already have your seat.

If you want a seat...there are others available throughout the ground and have been for the last 2 week.

Allowing fans into the Darwen end who have just a 'history' is dangerous. Anybody could get into that stand then and potentially start a riot - Adult or not!

I too think Blake is a very talented and entertaining player when I have seen him. It makes you wonder why he has not made more of his career (not a slight at Burnley, just you would have thought he would have spent more time over his career in the prem. I suppose he needed Coyle to get the best out of him).

Re Eliott:- Journeyman is perhaps not the right phrase. Certainly a late developer at any rate, and to see that today in a Premiership dominated by athletes who have been under the microscope from 16 years old is impressive.

I also agree that we shouldn't underestimate you either. Unfortunately your excellent cup run last year, and the Everton and Man Utd victories at the start of the season, and the fact Allardyce will be well aware that a great deal of his future is going to be heavily influenced by this game, probably means that won't be the case.

Sam will have been thinking about this match ever since the end of the Villa victory, if not befrore.

I hope they play some good music prior to the game, obviously the usual Wild Rover when the players come out let's hope more people sing along but I'm thinking of a good up beat song just before. How good was 500 miles when it was played at Old Trafford before our F.A Cup semi final with Chelsea, it was just brilliant, almost everyone, young and old singing along. At the Nottingham Forest cup game they played some remix of Born Slippy, imagine that, it would certainly build the crowd up imo.

If your a current ST holder - then you dont need a ticket there...as you already have your seat.

If you want a seat...there are others available throughout the ground and have been for the last 2 week.

Allowing fans into the Darwen end who have just a 'history' is dangerous. Anybody could get into that stand then and potentially start a riot - Adult or not!

Before tickets went on sale didn't you say that you wanted transfer to the DE for this one game?

:brfc: A few derby day stats :brfc: .....

Highest Aggregate score:

Rovers 8 Burnley 3 at Ewood 1929-30

Biggest wins:

Rovers.. HOME 7-1 1889-90 6-0 1914-15 AWAY 7-1 1888-90

Burnley..HOME 6-0 1895-96 AWAY 5-1 1926-27

Highest Attendances:

1. 53,839 Ewood 1960

2. 52,920 Ewood 1952 (see pathe news clip a few pages back!)

3. 51,501 Turf 1960

4. 48,000 Ewood 1914

5. 44,240 Turf 1948

6. 43,752 Ewood 1959

7. 43,000 Ewood 1921

8. 42,778 Ewood 1913

9. 42,289 Ewood 1926

10.41,961 Turf 1958

Three players have scored 4 goals in a Rovers v Burnley game:

Percy Dawson (Rovers) 1914-15

Cecil Wyles (Rovers) 1945-46 (Wartime)

Bob Brocklebank (Burnley) 1943-44 (Wartime)

How good was 500 miles when it was played at Old Trafford before our F.A Cup semi final with Chelsea, it was just brilliant, almost everyone, young and old singing along.

That's one of their songs these days is it not?!!!!!!!!

22 seats left...they have got to go by tomorrow...

I may be accused of being on a bit of a downer here (for a change) but the other way of looking at this is that we have struggled to sell 24,000 home seats for the biggest game for yonks. I was hoping for a demand for extra seats to be released but see non as yet.

:brfc: A few derby day stats :brfc: .....

Highest Aggregate score:

Rovers 8 Burnley 3 at Ewood 1929-30

Biggest wins:

Rovers.. HOME 7-1 1889-90 6-0 1914-15 AWAY 7-1 1888-90

Burnley..HOME 6-0 1895-96 AWAY 5-1 1926-27

Highest Attendances:

1. 53,839 Ewood 1960

2. 52,920 Ewood 1952 (see pathe news clip a few pages back!)

3. 51,501 Turf 1960

4. 48,000 Ewood 1914

5. 44,240 Turf 1948

6. 43,752 Ewood 1959

7. 43,000 Ewood 1921

8. 42,778 Ewood 1913

9. 42,289 Ewood 1926

10.41,961 Turf 1958

Three players have scored 4 goals in a Rovers v Burnley game:

Percy Dawson (Rovers) 1914-15

Cecil Wyles (Rovers) 1945-46 (Wartime)

Bob Brocklebank (Burnley) 1943-44 (Wartime)

I'll put some more up when I finish reading this The Rivals. The last time I looked into the stats and did lots of research on a game, we beat Wigan 2-0 ;)

• Backroom

Hughesy raised a good point earlier, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain whilst we have it all to lose it seems.

I hate the fact that they are coming into it as underdogs.

I may be accused of being on a bit of a downer here (for a change) but the other way of looking at this is that we have struggled to sell 24,000 home seats for the biggest game for yonks. I was hoping for a demand for extra seats to be released but see non as yet.

I wouldn't say we had 'struggled' - after all there is still 10 days left until the game itself and there are just 20-odd seats left, which I would imagine will sell out tomorrow. If there were still a couple of thousand or so still unsold then I would be disappointed.

I still believe we could sell a fair few more in the D/End between now and the 18th if 500-1,000 were released for sale.

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/LatestHeadlines/0,,10413~1821276,00.html

The dingles don't even know the date of the next match. We have a great chance of a win if they turn up on the 19th !

Copied below

Coyle: Let's Do The County Proud

Posted on: Fri 09 Oct 2009

Burnley boss Owen Coyle wants the big derby clash at Ewood Park to be played out in the right spirit as Blackburn and Burnley prepare to renew their rivalry next weekend.

The Sunday lunch-time feast on 19 October will be the first top-flight meeting between the two clubs for 43 years.

That has added to the intensity of a fixture which all Clarets fans have been eagerly awaiting since clinching promotion to the Barclays Premier League.

Coyle too shares that excitement - and wants harmony in the stands and quality on the pitch to do justice to the occasion.

"Playing at Bolton, which was not too far along the road, I wasn't actually aware of the intense rivalry between Blackburn and Burnley but I certainly am now since coming to the football club!" he said.

"What I do hope, as I always do, is that it's a good footballing game.

"I think it's great to have rivalry and that's fantastic, as long as it's no more than that. You can have good-natured banter."

Coyle added: "We are two clubs in the local vicinity in the very best league in the world.

"I think that's great for a local community so let's go and make it a real footballing game and everybody treat it in the right manner and right spirit and if we do that then I think it will serve the county well."

Tyrone Mears is getting a case of derby fever

With Burnley and Blackburn not crossing swords in the league since 2001 and just a couple of survivors in the Clarets' squad from their 2005 FA Cup meeting, there is little first-hand experience of the east Lancashire derby in Coyle's squad.

But that hasn't stopped the message getting through as the players start to think about the prospect of a win that would net them their first away success of the season in the Barclays Premier League and give the Clarets' supporters enviable bragging rights.

"I didn't realise how big the game was until I read the programme and read about the fans having to meet here and go on coaches," admitted defender Tyrone Mears.

"It's a massive game for the town and the players know - even the ones who are not from the area and not from this country - how important it is for the fans.

"Obviously it's the three points that count but will be looking to put in a really good performance."

Archived