BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Vs Rovers

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shudder at the prospect of having way too much optimism on this board if we happen to win this game (which I would bet on we will). Stoke on Saturday will be absolutely massive if we do happen to win at Fulham.

If we beat Fulham and then Stoke, and should Liverpool lose or draw then we move above them. I dont want to get carried away, but that will be a massive boost going into the hectic December period. It shows what an awful October run in we had, and why there is no reason to kick on and move up the table. I think we doing things quietly, and with a few more good results people might take us seriously. What the last 2 results have shown is that, its the end of MGP and should be the end of that awful 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 formation.

looking forwards to this one, my first game of the season ive been able to get to, just bought my ticket this morning. Could make it a great week for us with a slightly out of form stoke on saturday as well. Anyways im on my own for this one so anyone in similar circumstances and fancy meeting for a pint let me know.

:rover: i'd like to see junior given a game at foolham,whilst he's here we might as well see if he can cut the mustard.he could replace spit,as he did naff all again yesterday.hoping for a draw,depends weather duffer is on form or not :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

:rover: i'd like to see junior given a game at foolham,whilst he's here we might as well see if he can cut the mustard.he could replace spit,as he did naff all again yesterday.hoping for a draw,depends weather duffer is on form or not :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

I thought Diouf was alright yesterday to be honest. A couple of excellent crosses, tested the keeper and retained the ball. A few mistakes but a decent performance.

Really enjoyed the preview.

Fulham's a tough one to predict. I think they've very like us. Not a massive squad, but some quality players the majority of whom aren't really shouted about in the medi - have a small squad though. Like us they're capable of playing some really nice stuff but when they play badly they're shocking.

I'm torn between the 4-4-1-1 and chucking in Grella as Fulham are a much slicker side than Bolton and I feel the back 4 would need more protection, or 4-4-2 and having that extra presence up front to cause problems. Being an away game the 4-4-1-1 might just edge it, although the Fulham strikers are hardly the best in the league so maybe I'm being too cautious. At times like this I'm glad I'm not the manager.

To me this has got a draw written all over it. Bolton aside we've not been great on our travels, and Fulham have a much better team then Bolton. Having said that recently we've played some nice stuff - the last two games second halves have been excellent and provide a strong argument for us getting 3 pts.

The big worry is however that we've only produced 45 mins of this in both games, and realistically we're going to get punished sooner or later if we don't up put out top performances for more than a single half. You may get away with a 10 or 15 minute poor spell in a game, possibly longer, but rarely will you escape unpunished for a poor half of football.

So I'll go for 1-1; after a weak first half rovers kick it up a gear and equalise. Hoping for a win but a draw would be a respectable result and keep us ticking over nicely.

I'm torn between the 4-4-1-1 and chucking in Grella as Fulham are a much slicker side than Bolton and I feel the back 4 would need more protection, or 4-4-2 and having that extra presence up front to cause problems. Being an away game the 4-4-1-1 might just edge it, although the Fulham strikers are hardly the best in the league so maybe I'm being too cautious. At times like this I'm glad I'm not the manager.

Gotta say I agree. Even though it was a good performance against Bolton - there was still times when we seemed to have no midfield cover for the defence. Possibly play Grella at the expense of Diouf - and play a more solid midfield ?

Make no mistake, this is a very winnable match.

I think we might see the elusive Grella make a start. Few minutes against the Trotters was just what the doctor ordered. I think he'll start and when he starts to tire we'll give Keith a chance to cement a January move down south. Or maybe thats wishful thinking!

I also think it may be a good game to introduce Kalinic. Fulhams back line will deal with the rough em up approach of Di Santo and Roberts far better than someone with a bit of movement. Probably won't start, but i think he could make a significant impact from the bench.

hi all,

Balwer said: Will be at the Eight Bells before the game if anybody wants to say hello as will be travelling solo.

as I am going to my first one will say hello what time are you getting there

hoping for a moral boosting win and as we have done ok there beforewe might just sneak it by the way I know a bit of topic this year for Europa league is it still 4 places from the league like last year as looking at the table they show the cut off point ass fifth can someone confirm does anyone know is Ian McShane aka Lovejoy a blackburn fan just heard someone say it and seeing as he was born in Lancashire just thought he might be I know a bit off topic sorry.

hi all,

Balwer said: Will be at the Eight Bells before the game if anybody wants to say hello as will be travelling solo.

as I am going to my first one will say hello what time are you getting there

hoping for a moral boosting win and as we have done ok there beforewe might just sneak it by the way I know a bit of topic this year for Europa league is it still 4 places from the league like last year as looking at the table they show the cut off point ass fifth can someone confirm does anyone know is Ian McShane aka Lovejoy a blackburn fan just heard someone say it and seeing as he was born in Lancashire just thought he might be I know a bit off topic sorry.

Yep, Ian McShane has been confirmed to appear in the Europa league next season.

hi all,

Well let's hope we can knock Eight Bells of sh*t out of them and win... :lol:

Personally reckon it's gonna be a 1-1 draw but here's hoping.

Well let's hope we can knock Eight Bells of sh*t out of them and win... :lol:

Personally reckon it's gonna be a 1-1 draw but here's hoping.

I can see us going there and taking all 3 points. The lads will be on a high after Sunday and Fulham aren't having the best of times at the moment. i think we can more than match them in every position so I have every faith in the Rovers.

2-1 to the Rovers. :brfcsmilie:

Archived