BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Away - Monday 11 January 2010

Not being funny but 4-4-2 hasn't really worked has it?

I don't think it was ever really 4-4-2 though. On paper, we may have had 2 strikers on the pitch but McCarthy was playing so deep that in practice it was almost 4-5-1.

If we're going to persist with playing 5 midfielders then I would definitely have preferred to see Emerton move into the middle in place of Andrews with Hoillet on the right. However, I'm glad that Jacobsen is starting ahead of Chimbonda - think he's far more consistent and we'll need that tonight with Petrov and SWP tearing down the flanks.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic team selection - once more. Pedersen and Andrews starting? Hoilett dropped - the only player we've got with any pace and who looks likely to produce anything from the wings?? No place - again - for Kalinic??? :wacko:

I cannot see anything other than a comfortable home win.

The Expert (lol) strikes again - we cannot be rid of this clown too soon. I genuinely fear for Rovers Premiership future with Allardyce in charge.

:(

what the? Benjani?

They really are here for the taking tonight! GET IN!

Have you seen the line up? We are playing with 10 men and will be playing it long to Di Santo, who will as usual be out of his depth as it's asking way too much of him to hold up play and try and get in the box to score. Even if he does get into the box, does anyone have any confidence he'll score or will he hit the ball at the keeper?

I feel sorry for Kalanic, it's not like we bought him a few weeks ago, play him Sam with either Benni or Di Santo. Have some ###### balls for a change and play Dunn in centre midfield and play 2 strikers.

If this game plan worked I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't and if I kept making the same stupid errors of judgement in my jon I'd be down the road. Depressed, please suprise me Rovers.

• Backroom

It is a paradox.

Out of all 4 strikers, he is the one man who hasnt played consecutive games, nor started more than 1 game in the league as far as I recall. Considering his goal per minute ratio, which is a fair statistic to measure him by at this moment, I think he should be starting.

Just saw the Benni bit. Oh well...Things go from bad to worse...

This is what I don't understand, Kalinic has started 1 game V Brum and was widely thought of as our MOTM yet he's dropped the next game. He comes back in the team at weekend, scores and then gets dropped again.

It is a disgrace dropping Benni.

Its obvious he is being pushed out and we can all agree that its NOT on the grounds of his last 5 starts for the club, because he has been one of our best players if not the best one during that time.

And Kalinic never seems to get the chance to play two games in a row.

I look to you, expert. Show us how its done...Please! I dont want to be humiliated in front of the world tonight.

Benni has advertised for some time now that he is in the shop window and he doesn't think it's fair that he has to train more than the other squad members to gain the required fitness levels. He's not being pushed out at all, he wanted to leave under Hughes until nobody made a bid for him then he pledged his allegence until the next transfer window opened.

This is what I don't understand, Kalinic has started 1 game V Brum and was widely thought of as our MOTM yet he's dropped the next game. He comes back in the team at weekend, scores and then gets dropped again.

It should be Kalinic and Di Santo upfront every game. They play very well together and cause defences all sorts of problems with their size, pace, skill and intelligence. I don't know what more Kalinic has to do to get an extended run in the team, as you've said, he's looked at the very least useful everytime I've seen him.

Pathetic team selection - once more. Pedersen and Andrews starting? Hoilett dropped - the only player we've got with any pace and who looks likely to produce anything from the wings?? No place - again - for Kalinic??? :wacko:

I cannot see anything other than a comfortable home win.

The Expert (lol) strikes again - we cannot be rid of this clown too soon. I genuinely fear for Rovers Premiership future with Allardyce in charge.

:(

I agree but even with Wenger/Fergie in charge we'd be in trouble

Come on, lets get behind and start nagging when the balls been kicked... :xmas::P

I am trying, but I already feel defeated. Why the (Please don't use that word again) can't we go for it and try and use the talented players we have? This team selection is the final straw for me, he is either stupid or he is trying to ruin us. We have better players at our disposal than the ones he has picked and we CAN play football, yet he picks THAT team?! We all know how we are going to play before a ball is even kicked. Bloody useless, he served his purpose last season, now please can we get rid and get someone in who will at least try to win games and maybe play a little bit of entertaining football? Please? :-(

Another abysmal selection from Allardyce.

And I would be very surprised if Benni is really injured.

He is forcing out our best striker and arguably our most creative skillfull one. He is one of the few players I feel is worth the money of the match day ticket, Tugay was another, as is Dunn when he is fit. Obviously he is too skillfull for Sam and isn't a target man.

The negativity coming off of some of you guys...christ.

Their team is pretty damn weak if you ask me,bar one or two obvious exceptions.

Save your negativity for if/when we're losing/have lost.

Support your team.... :angry:

I get your point, but we haven't won for 10 games and Sam is pursuing with the same duds in midfield. So pardon us if we're feeling a little vexed right now.

We're also wearing the ominous white kit...

I agree but even with Wenger/Fergie in charge we'd be in trouble

I disagree with that - as I've said many times, the problem is not the players, it's the manager and his arrogant/ridiculous inflexibility from 4-5-1 that's going to do for us, and his unfathomable team selections within that system.

Look at Stoke - how many of their players would you swap for ours? One or two at most - yet they are comfortably above us. Difference being, they have a manager that maximises the playing staff he has available - we don't.

Our best form this year has been with Dunn and Di Santo up front, I don't see the problem.

Dunn will play exactly the same role that McCarthy has been playing recently...except Dunn actually manages to score on a regular basis from there.

Archived