BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

I've nothing against Andrews and he much less to be ashamed of than other members of the squad. He's simply a bit out of his depth in this league. He offers nothing over and above Nzoni and at this stage of his career, has virtually no potential to get better. He's at his peak. Not his fault he was plucked from League one and thrown in at the deep end.

The team needs some creativity and he's most definitely the weakest of our central midfield options overall. It's not a witch hunt, it's common sense.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if there is any way we (Rovers) could sack him for non productivity after all he is a constant failure on the pitch and never produces anything positive on the park?

For me, and yes its repetetive, he is crap and the worst ever midfielder to play for Rovers.

2nd Div footballers cannot play Premier League football.

I've nothing against Andrews and he much less to be ashamed of than other members of the squad. He's simply a bit out of his depth in this league. He offers nothing over and above Nzoni and at this stage of his career, has virtually no potential to get better. He's at his peak. Not his fault he was plucked from League one and thrown in at the deep end.

The team needs some creativity and he's most definitely the weakest of our central midfield options overall. It's not a witch hunt, it's common sense.

Correct and saves me the job of typing. Point is we need a better player than Keith andrews but even he must not go until we have found a replacement.

He was actually plucked out of league 2. We took him from MK Dons as they were promoted and before he had a chance to play in league 1. I like him as a squad player, he is very steady. This witch hunt is unfair.

While I wouldn't mind selling him, the likes of Diouf have done FAR less to advocate keeping them.

Everyone knows that Keith has his limits to say the least, but to listen to some posts on here you'd think he's the worst player ever to kick a ball.

I've seen little to suggest he's higher in the pecking order than Dunn, Grella, Nzonzi, Emerton, and perhaps (when/if he's finally fit) even Reid. However, the fact remains due to lack of fitness/quality here, as well as other areas of the pitch, resources are streched, we don't have the finances to change that and therefore Keith plays a lot more games than any 5th choice player has any right to. Maybe it's the reason why we are forced to play Keith so often that needs addressing more urgently, instead of placing a massively disproportionate amount of blame in his direction every time we lose.

Indeed, Hughesy is just making a scapegoat of Andrews. Sam is under NO obligation to play this guy. We aren't blessed with midfield talent, but there are alternatives to Andrews' hapless running.

A scapegoat?? He's crap - end of!

Best thing like I said at the beginning it to force him to leave - that way he cant be picked in our team. If its the only way to ensure he doesnt play - then so be it!!

yes, utterly and totally agree.

Stop being so obtuse. The guy isn't picking himself. If he's that atrocious then Sam should be trying other means.

i agree with hughesy, andrews is @#/? -end of. the reason sam keeps picking him is because the blokes that are infront of him in the pecking order, are always injured...end of :)

A scapegoat?? He's crap - end of!

Best thing like I said at the beginning it to force him to leave - that way he cant be picked in our team. If its the only way to ensure he doesnt play - then so be it!!

Keith Andrews isn't responsible for our predicament. That is down to The Walker Trust and Sam Allardyce.

Hapless running combined with disco dancing pointing is a power yet under-rated weapon of mass distraction.

People are missing the point, he's not on the pitch to play football, he's there to distract the opposition.

Wow, something else to add to his 'can't do' list.

Andrews has got to the point where his poor footballing ability isn't even his main problem. Just seeing his name on the team sheet creates such negativity and is losing us fan support even before we kick off.

Andrews should only play to protect other players once we are 3 goals up and going into the last 10 minutes. (I would think 3 should be enough!)

He was actually plucked out of league 2. We took him from MK Dons as they were promoted and before he had a chance to play in league 1. I like him as a squad player, he is very steady. This witch hunt is unfair.

While I wouldn't mind selling him, the likes of Diouf have done FAR less to advocate keeping them.

The problem is that for a squad player he's playing way too often. Not his fault but it's exposing his lack of ability to the fans almost weekly.

Thats with add-ons - think it was £800k upfront.

That would be Ince's imo. <_<

No doubt paid to a some property dealer on the Southern Algarve. <_<

Archived