BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Preview

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wicked end to the season.. an away win at Villa, 10th spot and a what a great advert to any potential young recruits, Hoilett, Hanley, Linzaghi, Olsson and Jones all get a piece of the action.

PROUD of the seasons finishing position, Same about the Everton and Wolves results, onwards and upwards.

I doubt it but let's hope Sam gets all he wants in the summer.

I did a prediction at start of season for us to get 42 points from the season and to get 50 is awesome. Also 9 points better off from last year and 5 places higher up the league shows progression, of course we had Ince last year for half the time but shows Allardyce has turned it round so fair play to the man.

Me back in January after the wailing about the Citeh defeat,,,

Posted 11 January 2010 - 23:20 PM

On the eve of the 2001/02 Worthington Cup semi-final, Rovers were in 15th with 22 points from 21 games. They'd just come off a run of P7 W1 D0 L6 in the league, including possibly the single worst performance of the 21st century (and there have been several candidates) a 3-0 defeat at home on Boxing Day to Sunderland. In the previous round of the cup they were the massive underdogs against a "Top Team" in Arsenal and Rovers prevailed.

This board was full of posts about the cup doesn't matter; we're going down; nothing can save us; the team has no talent; get rid of Souness.

This year the only things that seem to have changed in the 8 years since are the managers name, the "Top Team" dispatched has been Chelsea and a slightly better league position and marginally better league form (P7 W0 D4 L3).

Here's to a Carling Cup win and finishing 10th in the league.

Not quite accurate, but not bad. ;)

Top half finish with 50 points.

The double over Burnley who are then comfortably relegated.

The emergence of such a plethora of exciting youth players.

United fail to win the league (with a little help from ourselves taking those 2 points from them).

Well done to all connected to Rovers on a very good season.

Swap for Keef maybe?

Be fair make sure Gamst goes there also. Maybe Roberts as well if they ask nicely.

Also anyone else noticed the official site hasn't been updated since before the goal, hope Lee hasn't gone crazy with his celebrations! :lol:

thats mildly interesting. Every away win has been a double over the opposing team.

It was a Villa fan who told me that :lol:

(Not sure if we're on the same wavelength or not Gord, but we're the only team to do the double over them this season.)

To do the double over villa and secure 10th quite comfortably in the end deserves great credit and I hope it is given for a great rollercoaster of a season which I am delighted has ended with two back to back wins against two of the best teams, well done to sam and all the rovers players onwards and upwards, as suggested by others I hope sam is now strongly backed by the board during the summer transfer window

A cracking win, great end of season run with draws against Chelsea and United and victories against Arsenal and Villa.

We have a solid base in goal and defence, just some more quality in midfield and some help for Kalinic next season and we could be pushing for Europe.

I just wish this club got the recognition it deserves from the press and the wider game.

4 top 10 finishes in 5 years from a miniscule PL level budget speaks for itself.

Very very proud and from John Williams down Blackburn Rovers is a lesson on how to run a football club.

Up the Rovers

:brfc:

I was doubting Sam before xmas but I will eat a good portion of humble pie, he and team have do a fantastic job during the 2nd half of the season. I'm especially pleased with the way we've finished the season - teams that finish the season strongly tend to start the next one the same way.

Well done lads!

Proud to be a Rover. As others have said 4 top 10 finishes out of the last 5 seasons on our budget is fantastic!

We also have a lot of youth coming through.

The future is bright - the future is blue and white!

Archived