BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Preview

So how much do we get for finishing 10th ?

Not sure on the total amount but the extra per place is around £775k - so based on our 13th budgetting we have got an extra £2.3m + 2 extra TV games against Arsenal & United so thats another £1m + The Benni money £2.2m (+ saved wages).

So hopefully a £6m+ budget + trading to make more money to spend!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to SkySports website, Sam joined us in December...Lazy journo! Can't even spell!

The win caps a marvellos (sic) change of fortunes for Blackburn, who were toiling in the relegation zone when Allardyce took over in December.

To the money men at Ewood....PLEASE back Allardyce with some hard coin now.

Yeah... because they did with Hughes, right?

Face it, Sam will be another victim of his own success. Top 10 finish on a shoestring budget is no incentive for the board to dig deeper into their pockets.

We still can hope, though.

Personally I think if Sam is given say the £6m to play with + any trade money then he will better our 10th position next season.

Fantastic end to the season - Home win v Arsenal, followed by the Double at Villa Park.

Good end to what has ultimately been a good season, had my doubts about Sam a few months back but he's since restored my faith. Think we can do even better next season if we don't lose any of our best players and get a decent goalscorer.

No more Premiership till August now, thank heavens for the World Cup. :rolleyes:

Fair play to you fella's you performed well and I would say deserved the 3 points, we were terrible but that doesn't detract from the fact you gave an excellent away performance.

Well organised and with discipline you came with a game plan and stuck with it and got the points, we on the other hand looked clueless.

From where I was sitting it looked like Dunn was well, done, for want of a better word by the ref. I sit right behind that goal and everyone around me thought it a penalty.

I would also like to say thanks for those that observed the minutes applause to those Villan's we've lost over the last 12 months. The jast majority of Rovers fans, as I would expect of your lot clapped as well especially for the two soldiers killed in service. I would though like to say if the arseholes who were laughing during to applause for two disabled children who died are reading this you are the lowest of the low.

I was also impressed with the reception you gave to both Brad and Warnock.

Well done for today and look forward to crossing swords with you again next season.

Fair play to you fella's you performed well and I would say deserved the 3 points, we were terrible but that doesn't detract from the fact you gave an excellent away performance.

Well organised and with discipline you came with a game plan and stuck with it and got the points, we on the other hand looked clueless.

From where I was sitting it looked like Dunn was well, done, for want of a better word by the ref. I sit right behind that goal and everyone around me thought it a penalty.

I would also like to say thanks for those that observed the minutes applause to those Villan's we've lost over the last 12 months. The jast majority of Rovers fans, as I would expect of your lot clapped as well especially for the two soldiers killed in service. I would though like to say if the arseholes who were laughing during to applause for two disabled children who died are reading this you are the lowest of the low.

I was also impressed with the reception you gave to both Brad and Warnock.

Well done for today and look forward to crossing swords with you again next season.

TV, how come the Villa fans poured out of the ground before the final whistle before the players come back out. I know you lost the game, but another top 6 finish and in Europe again. You'd have thought more people would've stuck around!!

Despite reservations about going to this game, was really glad we did. Wasn't the most exciting game, but a win away from home is always ace!

Thought that Hanley looked pretty good at the back with Samba. Pedersen is definately off the way he was waving at the end.

What kind of reception was given to both Brad and Stephen

Friedel is a Rover, Friedel is a Rover! na na na na, na na na na :)

TV, how come the Villa fans poured out of the ground before the final whistle before the players come back out. I know you lost the game, but another top 6 finish and in Europe again. You'd have thought more people would've stuck around!!

Despite reservations about going to this game, was really glad we did. Wasn't the most exciting game, but a win away from home is always ace!

Thought that Hanley looked pretty good at the back with Samba. Pedersen is definately off the way he was waving at the end.

How was he waving? What reception did Warnock get?

How was he waving? What reception did Warnock get?

In a waving goodbye kind of way. He even got a couple renditions of Morton Gamst Pedersen tra la la la la!

Warnock got a decent reception too.

In a waving goodbye kind of way. He even got a couple renditions of Morton Gamst Pedersen tra la la la la!

Warnock got a decent reception too.

Was it waving in a goodbye Tugay type of way?

If so, he'll be here for another 3 seasons!

How was he waving?

Bent over with his ass in the air towards the Rovers' fans with both hands between his legs under his ass giving the V sign!

No. Seriously though; he was in a limousine going along the pitch giving a queen-type wave.

Forgive me for being flippant but I am just so overjoyed at today's result, our final league place and look forward and upward under magnificent Sam. I like the bringing through of good youngsters. The future is bright. :rover:

1 football Villa Quotes

ALLARDYCE REVELS IN ROVERS FINISH

By Phil Medlicott, Press Association Sport

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce hailed his side's ``fantastic'' finish to the season after seeing them seal a top 10 spot in the Barclays Premier League with victory at Aston Villa.Rovers made it four top-half finishes in the last five years as they came away from Villa Park with a 1-0 win courtesy of Richard Dunne's own goal six minutes from time.The result followed last Monday's 2-1 victory over Arsenal and means Allardyce's side were beaten just once in their last nine games, a satisfying conclusion to the season which has boosted the prize money they will receive for their final position.``Arsenal 2-1 and Aston Villa 1-0 - it's a fantastic finish to the season for us and shows you the difference that a couple of wins makes,'' Allardyce said.``Instead of perhaps 14th in the table, which we would have been quite satisfied with, we have now beaten two of the big guns in the Premier League.``It will hopefully make a big difference to our budget in the summer.''Dunne wrapped up the points for Rovers when he attempted to head away Martin Olsson's dangerous cross, beating Junior Hoilett to the ball but inadvertently directing it past Brad Friedel and in.Allardyce was delighted to see his team selection rewarded, having decided to give a run-out to several youngsters, including debutants Grant Hanley and Amine Linganzi.``It was nice to not have to worry about the result too much - even though we wanted the money - and to play younger players again,'' Allardyce said.``To give them a taste of the Premier League against an Aston Villa side that was at full-strength, I knew it was going to be very difficult today and certainly in the first half, it was.``But we battled our way through and when we changed the system a little bit and got a bit more forward movement, we finally caught them on the break with a terrific goal.''Despite the defeat, Villa hung on to sixth spot thanks to Hull's goalless draw with seventh-placed Liverpool at the KC Stadium.That means Martin O'Neill's side will not have to play an extra round in next season's Europa League.Villa beat Newcastle to keep Hull up on the final day a year ago and O'Neill was grateful to the Tigers for returning the favour.``It was a disappointing result, but I'm delighted we finished sixth,'' O'Neill said.``That was our aim this morning. I think we gave Hull a bit of help last year on the last day of the season, so I'm delighted they have reciprocated.``I'm disappointed with the result, but not with the season or our position.``I thought we played some good stuff in the first half and was hoping that we would take it on in the second half.``But Blackburn came out with a bit of renewed vigour and penned us back. Overall I think they probably had the better of the second half.''Reports have suggested Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez could be on his way out of Anfield this summer, with O'Neill touted as the leading candidate to succeed him - while Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has in turn been linked with Villa.O'Neill moved to dismiss the speculation surrounding his future last week by insisting that he wants to stay at Villa Park.When asked today if he thought he would still be with Villa for the first game of next season, he asked the reporter directing the question: ``Could you tell me where you are going to be in three, four or five months' time?''O'Neill was more emphatic in his response when asked if the club was still a special place to be and if his was still a special job to have.``Without a doubt,'' O'Neill said.``Aston Villa is a remarkable club and there is not much more I can add to that.''end

Yeah... because they did with Hughes, right?

Face it, Sam will be another victim of his own success. Top 10 finish on a shoestring budget is no incentive for the board to dig deeper into their pockets.

We still can hope, though.

Correct. Best we could realistically hope for is to finish 2 places higher. Doesn't make any sense to spend 10m or so just to get 2 back.

Pedersen was definitely waving goodbye at the end...

But good day! COME ON ROVERS!

Top half finish, semi final of the cup, doubles over Bolton and Burnley, plus surprise points versus Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea.

What a season!

Just seen MON's post match interview

It was never a penalty.... whoops wrong script!

Rovers battered Villa second half, first it looked like we wanted to keep it tight. I am convinced the BBC stats for shots on target are waaaay out. 12-3 in favour of Villa! I can only remember 3 or 4 easy Robbo saves and 1 Andrews shot from us.

And, you're just a team full of Rovers :lol:

What a great away day, first win for me in the West Midlands and I've seen all three of our away wins this season. Gutted the season's over but all good things come to an end.

Pedersen was definitely waving goodbye at the end...

I cried :(

Archived