BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Preview

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our defence has been magnificent during the last 7-10 matches. Samba has gone up a level, very visibly especially over the last couple of games with the captaincy. Jones came on and looked good, but I was also impressed by Grant Hanley today. Definitely one for the future.

Im delighted with the result, the performance, and the season on a whole.

I also think our football is getting better and better all the time. We are playing some good stuff at times.

10th is excellent! Well done Rovers.

And to the posters who corrected me (properly) about ManU and Stoke, thank you. My head got twisted sidewise on what it took to get to 10th with a draw against Villa and 9th if we defeated Villa.

Great way to end the season.

Samba probably MOM for me, Robinson also had a really solid game and as we all know deserves to go to the world cup.

Dunn did well, although I'm not sure his screaming at Salgado, Andrews and Hoilett today is very productive.

Good debut for Hanley with a clean sheet, did'nt really notice him that much which is probably a good sign.

Linganzi didn't have much of an impact, the midfield looked more solid whem MGP came on and that's no coincidence.

Salgado had another good game, Andrews did well also.

Quite a poor game from Givet as mentioned, but we still looked more vulnerable when he went off.

Olsson and hoilett didn't do much except for their involvement in the goal.

Roberts hardly involved in anything at all.

Why does Sam go on about how finishing higher gets us more money, and then hands 2 debuts out when we could finish 10th or 13th. I'm confused it's £700k a position. I think we will end up 12th, I hope that gets your extra player Sam.

Don't get me wrong I want to see us bringing players through, but at the right time. We have Jones on the bench so why play Hanley? Good luck to the lad!

I take my hat off to you Sam, great result, top 10 finish is brilliant. I didnt fancy us when i saw the line up but it has paid off.

Why does Sam go on about how finishing higher gets us more money, and then hands 2 debuts out when we could finish 10th or 13th. I'm confused it's £700k a position. I think we will end up 12th, I hope that gets your extra player Sam.

Don't get me wrong I want to see us bringing players through, but at the right time. We have Jones on the bench so why play Hanley? Good luck to the lad!

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh! :lol:

Leave it to the expert eh!

• Backroom

Great result, great end to the season. We can be very proud of the lads this year - started off a little shakily but after Christmas we really got our act together and completely deserve a very respectable 10th spot.

Really looking forward to the summer and next season! :rover:

• Backroom

God Help Rishton!!! :lol::lol:

FUTURES BRIGHT, FUTURES BLUE N WHITE!!!! :brfc:

Oh god i forgot about that ha ha

This is great though massive smile on my face

Absolutely cracking end to the end of the season. Another double for us, don't think many clubs can say they've done the double over Villa this year.

I said at start of season that I'd be ok with 13th in the league but to finish top half is unbelievable. Since we went 9 games without a win from November to January makes it even more unbelievable.

Great to see so many younger players playing today also which will help bring them on.

Also has anyone noticed that the bottom 3 didn't get more than Chelsea put together? :lol:

Also now for the board to stump up the cash, that should be an extra 2 million in the coffers than what we planned for, lets get the deals sewn up ASAP

Archived