BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixture List

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham Aug 21st and Stoke Oct 2 are the nearest for you. What a shame.

I was at Britannia in 2008 and would like to visit another stadium. Ah well I might get on the train and go to Ewood Park . is it 4-5 hours by train?

I was at Britannia in 2008 and would like to visit another stadium. Ah well I might get on the train and go to Ewood Park . is it 4-5 hours by train?

It's between 2 and 2.5 hours from London to Preston and a connection to Blackburn takes about 20 minutes. You need to watch out for any engineering works at weekends though which can close sections of line and divert you or put you on a bus. Book early for the best prices - you can book up to 3 months in advance online and collect tickets at the station.

Blackpool away is the day after my birthday! :D

Great to have a home game to start the season off, Everton usualy start poorly too.

My Brother shares the same Birthday as you! Cannot wait for Blackpool, two days before I start uni!

it WAS mentioned at the fans forum ... however it was stated that no decision would be made until the fixtures came out.

The point is people shouldn't be making such statements until the club has stated how the allocation will be distributed.

it WAS mentioned at the fans forum ... however it was stated that no decision would be made until the fixtures came out.

The point is people shouldn't be making such statements until the club has stated how the allocation will be distributed.

Not clear from the draft of the minutes I'm reading.

It depends on what Rovers define as the beginning of the season.

I'd say that your point is valid, and we need to wait for the club to clarify this.

It was not made specific at the Fans Forum as it obviously depended on when the game was going to be. What was clear was that if the game was very early in the season then the club would use attendance at away games in 09/10 as the basis.

As it's the third away game of the season I think it would be somewhat unfair to allocate based on attendance at the new season's away games only. There will only be one at Birmingham before the tickets go on sale for the Blackpool game and it's in August when plenty of people are away on holiday. My best guess is that it will be last year's attendance plus the Birmingham game. As always it's important for fans to make sure that if other people buy away tickets on their behalf that they get their purchase marked against their patron number or it won't count for this game or for any others we might have where sales might need to be restricted.

Assuming it's true that we will get 2,000 tickets or possibly more the pressure should be off compared to when it looked like the allocation might be 1,300 but I think there will still be a need to ration based on ST holders and away games attended.

Will English TV switch the Liverpool v Arsenal game to the Sunday?.

Unless they open the season with that one being the lunch time kick off on the saturday!?

I would imagine for the Blackpool game - it will probably go to St holders with Brum stub 1st, followed by ST holders. Suppose it depeneds if Blackpool give us 2500 or not!

Right!!! As many (all) of you are quite aware Bennisfromheaven has never been to Ewood park to see his beloved Blackburn rovers & touch the hallowed turf!!

But that is about to change as i promised myself this season!! I have become a step closer to this dream by recieving a present from my best freind on my 30th birthday last week of a trip to Ewood!!

So any reccommondations of where to go for a pint, how to get to the ground, should i go through manchester, liverpool, leeds or Blackpool?? And most importantly which game should i go to?????

Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Right!!! As many (all) of you are quite aware Bennisfromheaven has never been to Ewood park to see his beloved Blackburn rovers & touch the hallowed turf!!

But that is about to change as i promised myself this season!! I have become a step closer to this dream by recieving a present from my best freind on my 30th birthday last week of a trip to Ewood!!

So any reccommondations of where to go for a pint, how to get to the ground, should i go through manchester, liverpool, leeds or Blackpool?? And most importantly which game should i go to?????

Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey it's good to see that your going to get to Ewood, it would be easier to fly into Blackpool and then catch the train to Blackburn.

If it's a good day then you could walk down Bolton Road to get to Ewood or catch a bus from outside the train station.

After all that walking you'll probably need a drink best place for that is Blues Bar , bit pricey but it's within the ground.

If you need a bed for the night the Fernhurst is across the road and the Travel Lodge is not far. Mind you if I were you I'd make the weekend of it and stay in Blackpool if your coming in the summer.

Dont like the thought of Utd having to come to Ewood to possibly secure the title!

:glare:

I do :rover:

Let's see what happens this summer but my hunch is they are more likely to be in the situation Arsenal were in when they came to Ewood a few weeks ago.

The away section at the seaside will be 3000 supporters for every top rated fixture, 2000 for the low graded games and FA Cup and 1000 for the league cup fixtures.

That doesn't make sense... why would they give 3,000 to United for example when they could give them just 2k and sell the rest to home fans :wacko:

Archived