BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tony Parkes Returns

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After his stint as manager back in 1996 - 1997 he can do no wrong in my eyes. Yes he signed Per Pedersen, but his team selections and the form we showed under his stewardship were enough to convince me that he knows a player when he sees one. Welcome back Tony! :brfc:

I am glad Tony is back... as you say, a true Rover. For the amount we have paid flops in the past 5 years, I am sure we could easily have acccomodated Tony's salary; especially for his loyalty and service to the club.

I see him more of a UK scout rather than anything foreign.

As for previous signings... wasn't Tony in charge when I saw a gangly 17 year old John Carew play at Ewood in the blue and white halves? I saw him score a hatrick before going off with cramp after 70 mins. The following week, I remember Tony saying that we would not be signing him as he was an unknown and not sure how he would work out.

Lets hope the scouting success is better this time round...

Tony Parkes - a TRUE Rovers Legend.

I dont think anything TP ever did at Ewood could be held against him, least of all the signing of P Pedersen. If anything, I recall the two penalty misses in the same game at Ewood in the 70's as his biggest cock up !! Cant exactly recall the opponents but for some reaso Blackpool spring to mind !!

After his stint as manager back in 1996 - 1997 he can do no wrong in my eyes. Yes he signed Per Pedersen, but his team selections and the form we showed under his stewardship were enough to convince me that he knows a player when he sees one. Welcome back Tony! :brfc:

Hang on, didn't Parkes come very close to selling Jansen? :blink:

Archived