BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Flopsy

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll echo the view about Diouf having a decent game. I thought he played well and looked much sharper than last season. He impressed me at the Everton game as well, maybe we will see good things from him this season.

He's still too slow for the wing. He should play behind Kalinic in the current formation.

I have been told that the ugly Owen Coyle chant reared its ugly head again at the Brum game. If anyone was there can they confirm this? I for one am getting sick and tired of some of the A$$ wipes who travel with the club and are ruining its family club image. I'm wondering if Mr Syed was show the chanting at the away games if he would reconsider investing in the club??

I have been told that the ugly Owen Coyle chant reared its ugly head again at the Brum game. If anyone was there can they confirm this? I for one am getting sick and tired of some of the A$$ wipes who travel with the club and are ruining its family club image. I'm wondering if Mr Syed was show the chanting at the away games if he would reconsider investing in the club??

Yes...Mr. Syed has said he is leaving and never coming back due to this incident.

No, really.

I have been told that the ugly Owen Coyle chant reared its ugly head again at the Brum game. If anyone was there can they confirm this? I for one am getting sick and tired of some of the A$ wipes who travel with the club and are ruining its family club image. I'm wondering if Mr Syed was show the chanting at the away games if he would reconsider investing in the club??

Unfortunately, maybe it was trying to send a message out, comments on other MB's have become more common in recent weeks, with what I will call, very strong and aggressive opinions on our pending takeover.

Yes they were banned, nevertheless that does not make them go away or change their views.

I expect it to hit Ewood at the weekend.

I was in the middle of the singing section at the top and at no point was there a racist song sung that I heard. I don't think this needs its own topic, so i will merge it in with the match topic.

There were a couple of Ali Syed songs sung, all positive.

Why has this been highlighted again?? We know there are a few low life nobs who go to away games but does an unacceptable chant need highlighting as a bloody topic?

Of course it should be high lighted as a topic. We are potentially facing the most exciting times as a Rovers fan since Uncle Jack took over, and we have to endure crap that our prospective owners would find very offensive. If you don't like it don't read the thread. Simple.

I've heard it, If I heard correctly it has the same opening 'lyrics' but the final line is different, the danger of it all! (yawn), couldn't work it out though.

it Will not be heard at Ewood as it wasn't first time around.

I don't want to hear it at the games or see pages of hand wringing over something that didn't happen on here either.

Of course it should be high lighted as a topic. We are potentially facing the most exciting times as a Rovers fan since Uncle Jack took over, and we have to endure crap that our prospective owners would find very offensive. If you don't like it don't read the thread. Simple.

As I stated earlier, there where no racist remarks in the version of the Owen Coyle song that was sung on Saturday. Why are poeple going mad over something that didn,t happen.

I wasn't there but check out the second fan's comment in the LT report of the game. He is adamant that the Owen Coyle song was sung on the concourse and states that the "stewards could not believe what they were hearing".

having just read through thisall I can observe is

- the tv microphones were picking up the magnificent vocal support of the Rovers support at Birmingham loud and clear and there was absolutely nothing racist sung at all.

- it seems pretty clear that the OC song has got new words so if anyone did sing the old version they are in the tiniest of tiny minorities as it was only a pathetically small group who sang the original offensive version and got reported by fellow Rovers fans

I think the general revulsion expressed by the vast majority of Rovers fans to this tiny minority of biggots comes through loud and clear on all Rovers boards I have seen.

Yes, it was sung a number of times on the concourse before the game, with the culprits (rather a lot of them) going "shssh" and laughing after the rascist bit.

From what I heard, same tune different words, no racism involved.

sorry, but you must have cotton wool in your ears

having just read through thisall I can observe is

- the tv microphones were picking up the magnificent vocal support of the Rovers support at Birmingham loud and clear and there was absolutely nothing racist sung at all.

- it seems pretty clear that the OC song has got new words so if anyone did sing the old version they are in the tiniest of tiny minorities as it was only a pathetically small group who sang the original offensive version and got reported by fellow Rovers fans

I think the general revulsion expressed by the vast majority of Rovers fans to this tiny minority of biggots comes through loud and clear on all Rovers boards I have seen.

As much as I'd like to say I didn't hear the racist song when I was at the ground I in fact did. As stated it was only a small minority and every other rovers fan around kept quiet and didn't look too happily on the song being sung. Me and my brother just avoided being near the group in question.

EDIT: I only heard it for about 1minute in the concorse, nothing up in the stands.

I was there aswell, and I heard the song, but with different lyrics.

Loved the Ali, Ali Syyyed-song, and "We`re so rich its unbelieveable".

Have to say that I was very impressed and proud by our vocal support this saturday. Even after Gardners goals, we kept going on.

Can you hear the Birmingham sing?

A lot of the people that work in Blackburn are smackheads? Jesus, what's the unemployed like?

Dealers.

Can we delete this thread please?? Lets not let the minority wreck any potential takeover or whatever...its not welcome 99% of us agree! :brfc:

Dont be so daft and so precious. btw how did you conduct your survey? I don't recall you contacting me.

As I stated earlier, there where no racist remarks in the version of the Owen Coyle song that was sung on Saturday. Why are poeple going mad over something that didn,t happen.

Exactly. They are screaming, lifting their skirts and jumping on the table like they've seen a mouse. Might it not be that many of those soung songsters had never heard the new version until Sat and assumed that they were to use the old words? Double figure IQ and strong lager is never a good combination.

btw I can't think there will be any racist chanting from the Blackburn supporters should we get taken over by Mr Saed..... all that will come from the away end.

Yes, it was sung a number of times on the concourse before the game, with the culprits (rather a lot of them) going "shssh" and laughing after the rascist bit.

The 'shhhhh' line is what I heard at the friendles I went to, drunken fans trying to 'get one over' the authorities, it obviously isnt the same as what went on previously.

Think the fans were fantastic on Saturday, none stop singing even when the game was lost.

Particularly liked the 'Ali, Ali Sy-e-e-e-d' song and the 'We're so rich it's unbelievable'. Also when the Birmingham owner walked round the pitch and thought the Rovers fans were applauding him (we were applauding our players off the pitch before the game) and started to wave and clap back and we sang 'Only 1 Jack Walker.'

Liked it when Matt Derbyshire came to warm up and we sang 'Matty is a Rover' and 'Matty give us a wave', he didn't so we booed. He came back out, we sang it again and he did a little wave in hope that the Birmingham fans didn't see him.

Archived