BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ivelin Popov

Kalinic is what 21? Diouf 20? And now Popov at 22, means that we must have the youngest strike pairing in the league. Add Hoilett, Nzonzi, and Olsson, then that is a very exciting group of young talent. Throw in Jones, and well the future is bright. Who needs all that billions ;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kalinic is what 21? Diouf 20? And now Popov at 22, means that we must have the youngest strike pairing in the league. Add Hoilett, Nzonzi, and Olsson, then that is a very exciting group of young talent. Throw in Jones, and well the future is bright. Who needs all that billions ;)

We do - to keep clubs like Spurs from stealing them when they progress.

We can tell them to Faaak aff with that kind of money.

Quote from their web site.

"Ивелин Попов се прибира в България в четвъртък за да си събере багажа и да подаде документи за издаване на английска работна виза. Ivelin Popov comes back in Bulgaria on Thursday to collect their luggage and to submit documents for a British work visa. Следващата седмица Попов ще се присъедини към Блекбърн.

Perhaps you should notify them. :P

Work visa and work permit are not one of the same.

A work permit is a permission to work in the UK. A visa is a clearance required by nationals from certain countries before they come to the UK for whatever purpose including just a visit.

Work visa and work permit are not one of the same.

A work permit is a permission to work in the UK. A visa is a clearance required by nationals from certain countries before they come to the UK for whatever purpose including just a visit.

The following categories of people can take up any lawful employment in the UK and do not need a work permit:

* Nationals of EEA (European Economic Area) countries (the EEA comprises the 25 EU member states - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic*, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary*, Ireland, Italy, Latvia*, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland*, Portugal, Slovakia*, Slovenia*, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom – and also Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland)

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/work_permit/who_needs.htm

The following categories of people can take up any lawful employment in the UK and do not need a work permit:

* Nationals of EEA (European Economic Area) countries (the EEA comprises the 25 EU member states - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic*, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary*, Ireland, Italy, Latvia*, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland*, Portugal, Slovakia*, Slovenia*, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and also Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland)

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/work_permit/who_needs.htm

I think that is out of date, I do know that Romanians dont need a work permit!!

Not sure of Bulgaria though.

The only thing that worries me a bit about the sound of this lad (apart from the fact he hasn't uh, actually signed yet) is that he managed only 19 appearances last season. If he is the bee's knees in that league as claimed, shouldn't it have been more? Or does he suffer with injuries? Or is the Bulgarian league short (his stats the last three years look decent but he's never played more than 25 for them) and he just got a couple of minor injuries?

The only thing that worries me a bit about the sound of this lad (apart from the fact he hasn't uh, actually signed yet) is that he managed only 19 appearances last season. If he is the bee's knees in that league as claimed, shouldn't it have been more? Or does he suffer with injuries? Or is the Bulgarian league short (his stats the last three years look decent but he's never played more than 25 for them) and he just got a couple of minor injuries?

His real name is Popov Grella.

Now if his name were Popov Andrews...................Naaaaa They'd still be moaning.

Sounds like another Segundo Castillo to me - been sent over thinking he is going to sign, but Rovers have only arranged a trial.

Cant see Rovers willing to pay £3m for a young unproven bulgarian at this stage. The club has already said they want to bring in experience...

That said I know nothing of the player and he may be an awesome talent for all I know.

Think its brilliant we have started a thread for a player we have not signed yet.... are we really sure its Litex's website... seen enough spoofs of sites such as BBC news that look very convincing. Cannot believe we have paid £2m to £3m out for a player when we are in the middle of takeover activities.

* Nationals of EEA (European Economic Area) countries (the EEA comprises the 25 EU member states - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic*, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary*, Ireland, Italy, Latvia*, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland*, Portugal, Slovakia*, Slovenia*, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom – and also Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland)

http://www.workpermi...t/who_needs.htm

I get totally confused by this. I think Romania and Bulgaria have different rules to bed them in - to avoid all the hoo ha that erupted when large numbers of Poles moved west when they joined the EU - there is a bit of a staging process. So they still need to be assessed.

UK boarders agency:- http://www.ukba.home...nia/liveworkuk/

"

Can I live and work in the United Kingdom?

This page explains how you can live and work in the United Kingdom if you are a Bulgarian or Romanian national.

You can move and live freely in any European Union (EU) member state as a European Economic Area (EEA) national. You do not need permission under our immigration rules to enter or remain to live in the United Kingdom. If you want to work in the United Kingdom you will need to apply for an accession worker card, unless you are exempt (see below) and your employer may have to apply for a work permit. For information on how to apply for an accession worker card and a work permit you should see the Applying section .

"

Think its brilliant we have started a thread for a player we have not signed yet.... are we really sure its Litex's website... seen enough spoofs of sites such as BBC news that look very convincing. Cannot believe we have paid £2m to £3m out for a player when we are in the middle of takeover activities.

I would say it is either:-

1) Work permit formalities

2) As Baz has said above, a foreign club desperate to get shot.

Regarding the money thing I would say if it represents good value we will sign as we desperately need a striker and cover for the hole behind the striker. If we wait and the takeover falls through we are screwed. Might as well continue transfer policy on the existing basis until takeover confirmed (if it is...)

Looks like he takes a decent free kick so could be a bit of competition for MGP -

Listen out for the fans celebrating with a rendition of Leader of the Gang by Gary Glitter! Not the sort of thing you're likely to hear in this country these days..!

From reading that Bulgarian forum it seems that our new lad, maybe depending on whom you believe, is a bit of a party animal and likes his nightclubs.

Dunn could probably show him around.

Seems that we may get some Bulgarian fans if this goes through

“Here it is good news. Begin to monitor and Blackburn.”

I'm assuming Litex are reporting the news directly from the player. So if an agreement hasn't been reached, either Popov and his agent themselves don't know what the actual deal is, or Litex are reporting from some other source and haven't asked the player. Both of which would be absurd, even for Bulgarian journalism standards.

Anyway, I think most Bulgarian fans, even Litex ones, are happy with this news. The more players we have playing abroad for big clubs (and yes Rovers are a big club, relatively speaking), the better for the national team. As Berbatov quit and the Petrovs are getting on in age, we need someone to replace them, and Popov will definitely be a big part of that future.

He's most likely gonna play vs England in the upcoming Euro qualifier too...

wtf, I totally agree with litexfan, that it was time to transfer Poppe, had already reached the ceiling with us! we are not cattle that can retain it to last until its price falls from 200 to 300 times. :lol:

Reported in the Mirror this morning as Nicko said he had heard some new info regarding Popov. Apparently he is only awaiting work permit before joining the Rovers.

It's like he read a potentially illegitimate translation from a Bulgarian website on a Fans Forum after writing his original piece.

Archived