BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there have been calls made in the past few days. Bids? Not so sure.

However the club could do with moving quicker than it used to...that is still to be improved by the new regime to be honest.

Surely there's no excuse for tardiness anymore now that we have Kentaro in the background?

But is there any firm interest in Robbie Keane from Rovers?

Nobody is after Keane...as of this morning.

His wages are too big and it is seen as dead money - unless you are truly desparate.

Surely there's no excuse for tardiness anymore now that we have Kentaro in the background?

You would hope not. But there is always a distance between theory and practice.

There is potential drama round the corner with the Samba thing.

Rather surprisingly, a club is interested.

So statements are all very well...but there could be a bid to test the waters in the next couple of days.

I am not sure this club will offer enough and I won't be naming them until they do.

Arsenal are the only club I read somewhere, and they never pay what they should.

• Backroom

We really do need to try moving quickly in january, hopefully the targets are listed and prioritised and the fax machine is on standby.

That Ba looks like a good un but midfield is the urgent one.

are we still after 2 midfielders? are we after a defensive one and goalscorer one?

any more strikers we are after?

Are we interest in Seb Larrson? wasn't happy about coming off just now.

Two central midfielders...a striker...a wide man.

Today's result should not change a thing. If anything the injuries and losses of Salgado and Kalinic to suspension only proves this squad is way too small.

Ironically you could not sign a player who could play on Saturday as they would not be registered on time.

But it would be an idea to have two deals teed up by the weekend.

At least.

Today's result should not change a thing. If anything the injuries and losses of Salgado and Kalinic to suspension only proves this squad is way too small.

Ironically you could not sign a player who could play on Saturday as they would not be registered on time.

At least.

Have we got a snidy 11 o'clocker lined up for later Nicko?

At least.

It would be massively helpfull if we knew the kind of money we were looking at spending, Today proved one thing we need an experienced energetic ball winning midfielder and they arent ten a penny.

If we are still looking around the 5 mill bracket we dont have a chance of picking up the players we need, that would'nt be enough to buy the midfielder we need.

I really hope that the owners are not being naive in thinking deals in January are easy to complete because I have'nt seen one name linked yet and the window opens in a few days, I would love to be getting exited but at the moment im a bit worried that things are going to be left until too late.

Most deals are usually done later in the window so will be diffiuclt for us to break that trend.

Yes but we are usually the ones scraping the sides of the bargain bucket, if the owners wanted to make a statement they should be on the ball and if we are looking for four players then moves should be underway.

Its hard enough to bring in one player but four, never going to happen unless a few are lined up already.

• Backroom

It would be massively helpfull if we knew the kind of money we were looking at spending, Today proved one thing we need an experienced energetic ball winning midfielder and they arent ten a penny.

If we are still looking around the 5 mill bracket we dont have a chance of picking up the players we need, that would'nt be enough to buy the midfielder we need.

I really hope that the owners are not being naive in thinking deals in January are easy to complete because I have'nt seen one name linked yet and the window opens in a few days, I would love to be getting exited but at the moment im a bit worried that things are going to be left until too late.

I'd rather that we (and the rest of the footballing world) didn't know what we have available.

I'd rather that we (and the rest of the footballing world) didn't know what we have available.

I understand that but with the 5 million figure being quoted and then the four players being mentioned, it makes me worry.

I just want to see some quality in the centre of midfield that we are long overdue, the last thing we need is more average players on the wage bill.

At least.

What are the chances of having any deals teed up by then?

I understand that but with the 5 million figure being quoted and then the four players being mentioned, it makes me worry.

I just want to see some quality in the centre of midfield that we are long overdue, the last thing we need is more average players on the wage bill.

Why worry we will spend what we have and get the best possible players for that cash I am sure. I would be surprised if £5 million is still the figure Steve Kean has to raid the market with.

The players mentioned so far fill me with optimism, getting them is something else entirely though I realise.

At least it could prove to be an interesting window, unlike the summer one.

There is money available and alot more than 5 million pounds but not a set amount. It's more of a case of who the manager, how many players he wants and how much they will cost. The owners will back the manager with Money.

Archived