BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curtis Davies isn't the worst shout in the world chaddy. He's still fairly young and seems to have lost his way a bit. A change of club could be all he needs to get back on track. Still think wheater or Taylor could be good options.

Wheater wouldn't be bad shout.

Davies has just been onloan at Leicester and played very well there.

Steven Taylor has just sign a new five and half contract at Newcastle United, so can't see us signing him!

Samba is one of the best physical centre halves in the Premier League. Ideal for a team that plays that way.

Arsenal don't.

Why do you think nobody in that elite group has bid for him in the time he has been in England?

Smashing player for Rovers or anyone else who depends - or depended perhaps - on physique.

I completely see where you are coming from Nicko, but Samba is as good as/if not better than any of Arsenals defenders. It's one of the reasons they've won nothing for so long.

I completely see where you are coming from Nicko, but Samba is as good as/if not better than any of Arsenals defenders. It's one of the reasons they've won nothing for so long.

He's a better defender than anyone they've got. I don't understand the 'first touch' thing. It's good enough for him to win the ball and then give it to one of their myriad of creative midfielders.

If Samba was to leave a cheapish replacement could be Sol Bamba ..... left quite an impression on me after that pre season game with Hibs two summers ago ......... think we were linked to him previously ...... when he did a runner to Paris or somewhere.

Looked very good technically and handled are forwards that day with some aplomb.

If Samba was to leave a cheapish replacement could be Sol Bamba ..... left quite an impression on me after that pre season game with Hibs two summers ago ......... think we were linked to him previously ...... when he did a runner to Paris or somewhere.

Looked very good technically and handled are forwards that day with some aplomb.

He's a bit of a bombscare at times, and tends to be troubled by nippy forwards. Not good enough for the Premiership I'm afraid.

Curtis Davies won't play again for Villa as if he makes another appearance he is due a new long and big contract.

That's why he hasn't played

He's on loan at Leicester until next week, went there in October.

He's a bit of a bombscare at times, and tends to be troubled by nippy forwards. Not good enough for the Premiership I'm afraid.

Fair enough I did only see him the once.

Venkys Vitriol...............Nicko these Chicken ******* have brought it on themselves they have bought the club to raise their own profile/publicity

BS did a fantastic job keeping us in the prem top ten , etc with poor players this is a worse side than when we last went down at least then we had decent youngsters coming through..

And we don't have decent youngsters this time? Jones, Hanley, Ollsson, Hoilett - ffs get a grip!

Hughes,Ince and Allardyce have one thing in common - leaving us with no Central Midfielder YEAR after YEAR.

Ince at least tried with 'sicknote' Grella.

Entice Charley Adam from Blackpool with 'our' 5m and sell Chimbonda plus any other deadwood we can. Then get at least one loan player til Summer.

Does anyone know if Hoffenheim need to sell players?

They have a big number of good players that could be good for ROvers:

Andreas Beck

Issac Vorsah

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Sebastian Rudy

Boris Vukcevic

Peniel Mlapa

Ibisevic

Sejad Salihovic

and of course, Demba Ba.

Yep totally agree! clear off back to Glasgow Steve Kean.

Why have a go at Kean - he hasn't asked for this situation - it's been forced upon him. If your superior came to you and said look we want to promote you we think you can do a good job, would you turn the chance down. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating - give the lad a chance and support him. He's shown he's committed - how many others would have got off their backside and flown to India and then back again in time to take training. He's had no time to impress on the squad his ideas and they've had no chance to listen - we'll see in 5-6 weeks if he's had any affect on the squad or not.

With Dzeko seemingly on his way to Man City, that's how you wrap up deals! Do it before the window opens so you have a new player on January 2-3 at the latest, instead of starting the actual work during the window.

Barcelona did the same with Afellay.

I would have hoped with the injury/suspension/Asian Cup losses, we would be looking to wrap up deals for a couple of players sooner or later.

With Dzeko seemingly on his way to Man City, that's how you wrap up deals! Do it before the window opens so you have a new player on January 2-3 at the latest, instead of starting the actual work during the window.

Exactly. If we know who we want and have the money in place then we should be tying up deals now, before other clubs step in.

Samba is good for us, I want him to stay. However he is grumpy bugger and IMO only signed his last contract to increase his wage not because he was happy to stay for another 5 years. Asking for a transfer now would blow his loyalty bonus so maybe that's why he's jumping up and down saying he never asked to go.

Jones would be a sound replacement if he left but of course he's crocked for the season. I'm impressed with Hanley but he is not quite there yet. If Samba goes can we really see Hanley improving fast enough to keep us error free at the back? Maybe, 50-50 I'd say.

We don't want to spend transfer money on a Samba replacement so the best outcome would be for Samba to stay and we put up with him having a cob on for the rest of the season. I think boo'ing him would have a negative effect so I'll pretend like this has never happened and cheer him through to the close season if he changes his mind and stays.

We have some tough games coming up and have something of a man power issue. Yet if we can hang on by our finger nails with the odd nil nil draw and then buy big in January we may just get away with it this season. A couple of really good uns would help rather than a bus load of kids with potential. Just two quality players added to our midfield of the calibre of say an Adams and a Parker would make an enormous difference to the remainder of our season. Get through to the close season and then look at the Samba situation again, chop away a lot of the dead wood, add a couple more, get the injuries sorted out then we're ready to go next season and the nightmare is behind us.

BIG difference with City's deals, they are paying way over the odds and more than likely offering the player an extra £50k a week than he would have been looking for....its always easy when your rolling in spare cash.

That will no doubt ensure Adebayor & Santa Cruz go....crazy to think they have the likes of Jo, Caciedo & Bellamy also on there books - aswell as there main men - Tevez & Screw-loose

Archived