BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

There is money available and alot more than 5 million pounds but not a set amount. It's more of a case of who the manager, how many players he wants and how much they will cost. The owners will back the manager with Money.

The proof is in the pudding so to speak and I hope you are right.

I for one, have heard it all before.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The proof is in the pudding so to speak and I hope you are right.

I for one, have heard it all before.

i understand that and probably agree with you tbh. Let's wait and see first. Who we sign and how much we spend?

Samba linked with fulham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342309/Fulham-make-Blackburn-defender-Chris-Samba-January-window.html

Don't see how Rovers to Fulham is a step up under any circumstances.

Also, as has been mentioned, it's better all-round if we don't know how much there is to spend.

Only the club management should or we risk being ripped off left, right and centre.

That was the original point behind the initial '£5m budget' statement.

"Samba handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park recently in protest at the sacking of manager Sam Allardyce"

Not the case according to Kean

Just think the difference 2 midfielders would make....Cant wait!

There is no way we would be monitoring the Demba Ba situation, if we only had 5 million to spend.

I think that in itself puts to bed the rumours of only having 5mill come january.

It's interesting how so many of the confusing messages recently put out have been rejected/ contradicted and yet this £5 million figure has been treated as the only constant "fact". Many people I speak to base their whole argument against the new owners on this. (well before the west ham game)

News here in Portugal mention that Spanish teams are interested in him.

He would be good for Rovers. I think ROvers can get two quality players in Portugal this January for a low fee: Cristian Rodriguez and Simon Vukcevic.

Vukcevic cannot be any worse than Grella thats for certain.

How is Fernando Belluschi doing this season?,he doesn't seem to ripping up any trees.

3 Italian sides after James Rodriguez.Loads of teams after Daniel Carrico

Why would Samba join Fulham,he would be joining a smaller club.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon is eager to bring out-of-favour Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne and midfielder Stephen Ireland to Parkhead on loan.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Available on loan?

Then we should take a chance on him & let him prove to the fans why we should sign him up.

Villa are also keen to sign striker Nicklas Bendtner from Arsenal, who may also be joined out of the Emirates exit by fellow striker Carlos Vela, midfielder Denilson and goalkeeper Manuel Almunia.

Full story: caughtoffside.com

Vela worth a look?? And perhaps Denilson??

Everton, Newcastle and Blackburn are chasing Barcelona's teenage midfielder Oriol Romeu.

Full story: imscouting.com

BUDGET...the manager said last week that he expected to have 'at least' £10 million available...my view is that you spend what you need...

BA...still talking to West Ham...let them sort out the fee and who is his agent...then step in...maybe.

ROMEU...one club has dropped out of the race for him, others being mentioned...I see no reason why an effort is not made to have him in today...why wait?

SAMBA...Fulham can't afford him at the price Rovers want...a slightly bigger club could perhaps manage.

ADAM...an offer would kick that one off too.

LARSSON...tricky one...you would take him cheap...but they are now a survival rival.

DUNNE? Too old and no need. If you are going to use a loan you won't waste it on a centre half. Surely.

SAMBA...Fulham can't afford him at the price Rovers want...a slightly bigger club could perhaps manage.

Kean sounded quite rosey about the Samba situation on Talksport yesterday, making out Samba was enthusiastic after he got back from India and briefed the team. Is Samba still making noises behind the scenes...

Oh he also said, Samba only asked to leave if a big club came in so that rules out Fulham

Kean sounded quite rosey about the Samba situation on Talksport yesterday, making out Samba was enthusiastic after he got back from India and briefed the team. Is Samba still making noises behind the scenes...

Oh he also said, Samba only asked to leave if a big club came in so that rules out Fulham

His agent is still being busy.

As for the player...he wanted out for a long time for his own reasons...I don't believe that will change overnight.

If the right offer comes in, get rid.

But you had better replace with better...

LARSSON...tricky one...you would take him cheap...but they are now a survival rival.

DUNNE? Too old and no need. If you are going to use a loan you won't waste it on a centre half. Surely.

Samba - do you know what we want for him?

Survival rival....sorry but we will be fine :P

Dunne?? No I was talking about Ireland for midfield.

I'm guessing the Arsenal link for samba could be right then.

Also Nicko, is it really worth blowing any money we get for him on another CB. We have givet, nelsen, hanley, and jones challenging for the 2 spots. Would it not just make sense to get zurab back for the remainder of his contract whilst jones is out and use the money for a better quality midfielder or forward.

Do you know of any other Rovers players which might be given the boot in the transfer window?

Obviously Chimbonda has a paid taxi waiting for him to depart asap but are there any other players i.e. Grella, Roberts looking to leave or have had interest in them so they can move on in the transfer window?

I'm guessing the Arsenal link for samba could be right then.

Also Nicko, is it really worth blowing any money we get for him on another CB. We have givet, nelsen, hanley, and jones challenging for the 2 spots. Would it not just make sense to get zurab back for the remainder of his contract whilst jones is out and use the money for a better quality midfielder or forward.

Arsenal won't go for Samba. How could be play for them or in the Champions League with that first touch?

He's not been sold yet - so let's not spend the money yet either. But if you did sell him you would want a Premier League-standard replacement.

And that isn't Zurab, even as a sub.

Do you know of any other Rovers players which might be given the boot in the transfer window?

Obviously Chimbonda has a paid taxi waiting for him to depart asap but are there any other players i.e. Grella, Roberts looking to leave or have had interest in them so they can move on in the transfer window?

I think you need to concentrate on bringing players in first...your numbers are scandalously low at the moment.

Try picking a team for Saturday - and the Liverpool game after - right now.

The result yesterday was massive, but mainly because of the hole you are currently in because of a manpower shortage.

That first touch is being blown out of proportion. Its not like Squillaci (make for make like Givet, no-nonsense but nothing spectacular) or Djorou (concentration problems) or Koscielny (physically over-powered and looking highly suspect) are any better than Samba. In fact, Samba and Vermaelen together may be a good combo. But I doubt Wenger will write off his big summer signing this quickly.

That first touch is being blown out of proportion. Its not like Squillaci (make for make like Givet, no-nonsense but nothing spectacular) or Djorou (concentration problems) or Koscielny (physically over-powered and looking highly suspect) are any better than Samba. In fact, Samba and Vermaelen together may be a good combo. But I doubt Wenger will write off his big summer signing this quickly.

Samba is one of the best physical centre halves in the Premier League. Ideal for a team that plays that way.

Arsenal don't.

Why do you think nobody in that elite group has bid for him in the time he has been in England?

Smashing player for Rovers or anyone else who depends - or depended perhaps - on physique.

Samba is a great physical defender but can be clumsy , but i think he needs to check his options , can't see Utd or City interested , chelsea is a possible , but when everyone is fit would he get a game ?? Wenger's arrogance means he believes he doesnt need defenders at Arsenal , Which leaves Spurs as the only club who you would say are in a postion to guarantee european football next and would be able to bid £10m for a defender

With what I saw a the game yesterday, we will be fine with our CB's if Samba goes.

What we need is a plug that fits our plug hole in the middle, and quick.We are so leaky in that area just now. (I must have been listening to Ian Hollowhead to often!)

Vukcevic cannot be any worse than Grella thats for certain.

How is Fernando Belluschi doing this season?,he doesn't seem to ripping up any trees.

3 Italian sides after James Rodriguez.Loads of teams after Daniel Carrico

Vukcevic is a good bet, only 24, can play in all positions of the attack.

Belluschi is a first team player in FC Porto.

Current stats ( with all games included):

22 games, 2 goals, 7 assists, 1749 minutes.

Porto would sell him in June, they will hardly sell him now.

James Rodriguez only has 6 games in Europe but has 1 goal and 3 assists in 295 minutes, not bad.

Definetly one to look in the future.

FC Porto have a very good squad this year, unfortunatelly.

Daniel Carriço will be in a top club soon, I think

Centre mid is the only area that really really worries me at the moment. I think that's the one area where we are really struggling. We need to get n'zonzi back in the team and ship out grella and Andrews who are just not up to it. We should then be going after spurs duo of o'hara and krancjaer. Good mix as one us box to box and the other an pick out a pass.

If Samba does leave, I personally hope he doesn't, what about a bid for Curtis Davies? Good defender with pace. not playing much for villa tho.

I think we need a striker, a goalscorer midfielder, ball winning midfielder and maybe winger or right back.

Is there any other strikers we are looking at?

There is potential drama round the corner with the Samba thing.

Rather surprisingly, a club is interested.

So statements are all very well...but there could be a bid to test the waters in the next couple of days.

I am not sure this club will offer enough and I won't be naming them until they do.

A (supposedly) 'in the know' poster at a West Ham forum has claimed that Sullivan and Gold want to bring Samba to West Ham. Can't see it happening myself, though.

If Samba does leave, I personally hope he doesn't, what about a bid for Curtis Davies? Good defender with pace. not playing much for villa tho.

I think we need a striker, a goalscorer midfielder, ball winning midfielder and maybe winger or right back.

Is there any other strikers we are looking at?

Davies seems to have stood still recently. Not that long ago he was looking very useful but If he can't get a game for Villa at the moment there must be problems.

Archived