BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

Yes, Sam would have got better results than Steve Kean would have- he wouldn't have been out smarted by Tony Pulis the way Kean was. And we wouldn't have let two rooky keepers smoke cigars all game either.

We were in a much better position the day before Sam was fired than we are now.

Ah, but he was outsmarted by his best mate at old Trafford wasn't he Philip? 7-1 our biggest arsekicking in recent times. Who put Chimbo(a right back)at left back? Who played one of the countries most promising young centre backs in midfield? The fat one is not all that some on here like to make out. Oh and by the way Philip have a look at our track record against Stoke over the last few years and then count how many The fat one was in charge for and then tell me how many times he wasn't outsmarted by Pulis

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So despite apparently having more money to spend (if we believe what we're reading), we're still gambling on players who will POTENTIALLY be successful. I think we need someone of PROVEN Premier League quality. After everything that has gone on, and a large proportion of the fans clearly off side, possibly even a marquee signing a la Andy Cole or Bellamy.

Oh and by the way Philip have a look at our track record against Stoke over the last few years and then count how many The fat one was in charge for and then tell me how many times he wasn't outsmarted by Pulis

The last time Stoke won at Ewood was 1986. No-one (in their right mind) is defending Sam's away record but you can't argue that he turned Ewood back into a fortress.

one player who I would like to see us sign is Vladmir Weiss of Rangers am not sure if he is on-loan from Man City to Rangers or they have bought himdefinitely got the pace needed knows where the back of the net is and would add some much needed pace scored a great goal for Rangers from Boxing day although is in the right age bracket depends on fees & wages.

Weiss has played about two and a half good games for Rangers this season (he is there on loan from City). The goal he scored the other day showed the best of him but the rest of the time he has been anonymous at best and utterly shocking at worst. The general consenus up here has been that his attitude is rotten, not a team player at all and wants to grab all the headlines to make a name for himself and get into the City team.

Of course he's got great talent, but just so you know that goal on boxing day was not indicative of his form at all.

So despite apparently having more money to spend (if we believe what we're reading), we're still gambling on players who will POTENTIALLY be successful. I think we need someone of PROVEN Premier League quality. After everything that has gone on, and a large proportion of the fans clearly off side, possibly even a marquee signing a la Andy Cole or Bellamy.

Big Sam wanted to sign experience PL players, but they cost alot of money tho. Probably the owners don't want to spend about 20 to 25 million pounds on players. Demba ba would be a good signing but still think we need a striker with Pl Experience. Need a Experience PL midfield, who can come in and play straight away and be up to the pace and Physical side of the league.

How much money have we got to spend? 15 to 20 millions we need to spend on about 3 to 4 players to improve our squad with quality players.

Cristian Rodriguez is being touted all over the place at the Moment at 6 million Euros.I would be interested in doing that deal if i was your owner.

News here in Portugal mention that Spanish teams are interested in him.

He would be good for Rovers. I think ROvers can get two quality players in Portugal this January for a low fee: Cristian Rodriguez and Simon Vukcevic.

it says in the mirror that west ham are in for 6 million striker demba ba from hoffenhiem.Nicko is he the sriker we are looking at?25 years old 37 goals in 91 games for hoffenheim

Yes, but the various prices quoted and whole background mean it is one to be observed right now.

I think the West Ham move will collapse. He is in London, but it is fraught with problems...

Yes, but the various prices quoted and whole background mean it is one to be observed right now.

I think the West Ham move will collapse. He is in London, but it is fraught with problems...

It appears that Ba was being watched for a while, does that mean that N'Zogbia is still on the radar.

It appears that Ba was being watched for a while, does that mean that N'Zogbia is still on the radar.

No point. Whelan will not sell him. Point blank. Made the decision last week - told his agents.

Whelan believes it would cost his club their place in the Premier League, so he is prepared to take a hit and sell him for less next summer.

Sound judgement.

No point. Whelan will not sell him. Point blank. Made the decision last week - told his agents.

Whelan believes it would cost his club their place in the Premier League, so he is prepared to take a hit and sell him for less next summer.

Sound judgement.

Will he gamble with Martinez till the death do you think?. Or move for Sam.

Archived