BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Owen Coyle (and Phil Jones and his advisors, for that matter) can make up their own minds about where they want to work.

I don't think Chelsea would wait to read it in The People that Jones was interested in joining them.

I was very surprised when Coyle opted to leave Turf Moor, but then, just like now at Ewood, we don't know what is happening behind the scenes, do we?

Why cant Rovers just do a sponsorship deal with Venky's for now and see how that goes.

The trustees are putting a hell of a lot on the line just by simply selling to Venky's because if Rovers goes 'tits up' under Venky's then the reputation, legacy, and credibility of the Walkers trustees would be burnt in Blackburn.

I'm pretty sure Owen Coyle (and Phil Jones and his advisors, for that matter) can make up their own minds about where they want to work.

I don't think Chelsea would wait to read it in The People that Jones was interested in joining them.

I was very surprised when Coyle opted to leave Turf Moor, but then, just like now at Ewood, we don't know what is happening behind the scenes, do we?

I think Coyle saw what was coming at Turf Moor and did one. It was as simple as that. As for it being Nicko's doing I think Bolton are more than capable of deciding who their next manager will be without a Journo giving his sixpence worth. I welcome Nicko's posts , as with others I don't alway agree with them but isn't that was a forum is for. It's a shame that there is some who post here can't disagree with someone without resorting to insults

Why cant Rovers just do a sponsorship deal with Venky's for now and see how that goes.

The trustees are putting a hell of a lot on the line just by simply selling to Venky's because if Rovers goes 'tits up' under Venky's then the reputation, legacy, and credibility of the Walkers trustees would be burnt in Blackburn.

I'm sure Flybe would suffer horrendously if all Blackburn fans boycotted.

Not.

Burnley fans would offset the difference by supporting them. It's happening get over it. Do you think Cadbury shareholders were worried about the legacy? It's just business these days, no more no less

You got paid enough for all the stories he spoon fed you while he was manager there! Here comes the aeroplane...

Why not start a new thread, "I hate Nicko" Spanster?

I have no intention of starting an "I love Nicko" thread before you ask.

Isn't it time this childish name-calling stopped? I for one, find it very petty and doesn't add to the basic reason for this thread.

Ok. I'm a dick, you're a pussy. Sorted!

Was Nicko doing us a favour when he tried to unsettle the best player to come through the ranks in decades by printing a non-story about the 'top clubs' being interested in and ready to bid for Phil Jones? Or is that just trying to turn is head? It certainly doesn't help us.

The way Nicko treats all clubs and their supporters is demonstrated by the disgusting part he played in the exit of Coyle from Burnley. Well it would be disgusting if it wasn't Burnley but as it was... well done Nicko! He'll happily do the same to us one day.

WSC has a good article on his part in it here

You Nickogroupies, I don't know. ;)

How on earth can you think he played any part in Coyle's exit, let alone a disgusting one? Surely one man alone decided he would join Bolton and that was Coyle himself. I'm a mile off being an expert on journalism, but surely anyone knows that all journo's will have managers/players/anothers who will be friendly with and pass on tips and vice versa?

You imply as does the article that he somehow engineered the move. I find it all very sad and a little bit bitter when people do that and i certainly think it implies a lot more influence on the part of Nicko. Maybe i'm underestimating him but i can't see it.

The article itself would look a lot less bitter and a lot better if it wasn't clear the impact that Coyle has already had at Bolton.

Ok. I'm a dick, you're a pussy. Sorted!

Was Nicko doing us a favour when he tried to unsettle the best player to come through the ranks in decades by printing a non-story about the 'top clubs' being interested in and ready to bid for Phil Jones? Or is that just trying to turn is head? It certainly doesn't help us.

The way Nicko treats all clubs and their supporters is demonstrated by the disgusting part he played in the exit of Coyle from Burnley. Well it would be disgusting if it wasn't Burnley but as it was... well done Nicko! He'll happily do the same to us one day.

WSC has a good article on his part in it here

You Nickogroupies, I don't know. ;)

Hope you weren't sober when writing this. Garbage.

Why are people so obsessed with the worth of Venky's? An owner can be worth billions and it will matter little if no money is put into the club. I think it's exciting that our prospective new owners actually have a business plan instead of using our beloved club as their new toy. If it works it will be pioneering work, and we will gain an advantage both economically and on the pitch. Nobody so far can back up any of their suspicions, so let's trust the TRUST who know more than most.

Hope you weren't sober when writing this. Garbage.

Why are people so obsessed with the worth of Venky's? An owner can be worth billions and it will matter little if no money is put into the club. I think it's exciting that our prospective new owners actually have a business plan instead of using our beloved club as their new toy. If it works it will be pioneering work, and we will gain an advantage both economically and on the pitch. Nobody so far can back up any of their suspicions, so let's trust the TRUST who know more than most.

Does the lambrini make you blindly optimistic? ;)

More optimistic than I have been under the trust, Vh Group are highly respected as a business and as such I can see them help us progress, this is a realistic viewpoint,based on their credentials. Yeung at blues is worth 65 million yet has spent more than qpr who are owned by one of the richest guys on the planet,so let's wait and see what they do.

More optimistic than I have been under the trust, Vh Group are highly respected as a business and as such I can see them help us progress, this is a realistic viewpoint,based on their credentials. Yeung at blues is worth 65 million yet has spent more than qpr who are owned by one of the richest guys on the planet,so let's wait and see what they do.

We've no choice but to wait and see what they do. All I and others have done, by pointing out that the press reports of them being billionaires were false, is cause expectations to be more realistic. You don't get much thanks for shattering people's dreams 'round here though.

We've no choice but to wait and see what they do. All I and others have done, by pointing out that the press reports of them being billionaires were false, is cause expectations to be more realistic. You don't get much thanks for shattering people's dreams 'round here though.

This is where you become wear-some and sound like a broken record. We have all seen the reports about VH Group and their apparent wealth which is available for the public to see, however as has been mentioned a million times before we do not know how much money they make on their other investments of which there are many.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Venkys-brand-scores-with-Blackburn-buy-/articleshow/6825988.cms

Respected Time of India state 4000 crore, there are other who say more, some less, who is right? We will never know...

We could go on but a few points:

1. Only Rothschild and The Trust know how much money the VH Group have.

2. Technically it is not the VH Group buying Blackburn Rovers it is the family of which there may be about 12 individuals (according to Nicko I think), so how much money do those individuals have? How much are they worth? Do you know who they are?

I dont know the above and they key is you dont either but you put forward your viewpoint as fact rather than the opinion that it clearly is. I love hearing peoples opinions (Like Phillip) but it gets tiresome hearing opinion presented as fact.

1. Only Rothschild and The Trust know how much money the VH Group have.

No, I don't think they will know how much Venky's are worth. They don't need to know though, because as long as Venky's have the cash to settle the minds of the trustees and the PL, which they will have given proof, how much they're worth makes no difference at all.

This is all rather pointless.

No, I don't think they will know how much Venky's are worth. They don't need to know though, because as long as Venky's have the cash to settle the minds of the trustees and the PL, how much they're worth makes no difference at all.

This is all rather pointless.

Surely there is more than that, Syed had a $1 billion in his account which was viewable by us, why did he not get through? Obviously because he was not what he said he was.

My point was that the group of individuals purchasing Rovers will have shown Rovers that they can take us forward and they have the funding to do this, if there were not certain checks in place then the likes of Ronnie (JJB), Dan Williams etc would have purchased us by now.

My point was that the group of individuals purchasing Rovers will have shown Rovers that they can take us forward and they have the funding to do this, if there were not certain checks in place then the likes of Ronnie (JJB), Dan Williams etc would have purchased us by now.

I imagine VH have put forward some kind of plan and backed at least the first part of it with proof of funds. Doesn't the PL owners and Directors test need assurances for only the first 12 months funding?

All I'm saying is that Rovers wont know the full worth of the people buying the club, but they wont need to know this. So the discussion about the total worth of Venky's [or VH] is irrelevant.

Dingle Alert.....Dingle Alert.....Dingle Alert.....Dingle Alert :lol:

As I said, well done! Try it with us and then see how welcome you are on here. 'Coyley' is a worthless liar but it was only Burnley so ho-hum!

Go and post on the Burnley forum and see what kind of reception you get. At least it'll give us a break. ;)

Not another trying to drive Nicko off this board. You don't have to read his posts if you don't want to you know. Some of us enjoy them.

As I said, well done! Try it with us and then see how welcome you are on here. 'Coyley' is a worthless liar but it was only Burnley so ho-hum!

Go and post on the Burnley forum and see what kind of reception you get. At least it'll give us a break. ;)

I can see with kid at the end of your name you must be quite young, ask your teachers to help you get a part time job and maybe you will be able to afford a season ticket in the championship at Turf Moor, you are bereft of both brain and common sense

I don't think any of us on here have ever got carried away by the thoughts of billionaires buying us. What we want and need is a takeover that guarantees some investment into the club at a reasonable and sustainable level to enable us to compete on a more even playing field than we do at the moment, when we spend absolutely nothing on players in a transfer window, other than the wages we have to pay. Every other club has spent. Many of them have gone further into debt to enable them to do so and that is route we have not recently followed. I don't think I'd like to be filthy rich like City, but I would like to be able to look at a player who might improve our squad and have a decent chance of competing with other similar clubs for his signature.

Shattering people's dreams??????? People were dreaming with Syed, not with these guys. These guys are promising 12th place finishes not Champions League...

I dont think anyone was carried away with them being billionaires, just contested the notion that they were only worth £150m which you repeatedly posted.

I think the vast majority of the fans on here are realistic and realise that a takeover will solidify us as a midtable team, which isnt glamourous or particularly exciting but is a damn site more than we can expect if we stay with the Trust.

Whether they're billionaires or not is beside the point because any investment would be an improvement on what we already have so from my perspective this takeover is an improvement on where we are right now.

The fact that the Trust appear to have turned down more money from Syed shows that they do actually care whose hands Rovers fall into and therefore i feel it is best to go by their judgement.

I can see with kid at the end of your name you must be quite young, ask your teachers to help you get a part time job and maybe you will be able to afford a season ticket in the championship at Turf Moor, you are bereft of both brain and common sense

I can understand a simple mind seeing the word 'kid' in someone's user name and going on to think that person must therefore be young.

Doesn't make it true though, just the simple logic of a simple mind.

Archived