BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom line is that this deal is going to go through. The people who are selling the club seem happy with that arrangement.

My info is and was that the Venky's people, the family Rao and their chums, are - if you rolled them into one - in the billionaire class. They seem to act and move as one group.

For some halfwit to keep chipping away and suggesting that they might not be quite at that figure is frankly ridiculous.

The bottom line - again - is that they are spending £46 million to buy out the Trustees and wipe off the debt.

It's a reasonable start.

YES, there are questions to be asked about how things will work out. But the pedants would sooner play their silly little games.

Tedious.

I think between the mods we've unapproved around 3/4 of all the posts made on this thread in the last 48hrs!

Lets remind you of a few of the rules ....

KEEP ON TOPIC

NO PERSONAL INSULTS (Banter is one thing, personal insults are another, stuff that could be classed as deformation of character is a whole new level).

KEEP LANGUAGE PG RATED (I've forgotten how we actually worded it, but swearing isn't acceptable)

..... and yet some how more posts managed to break these rules than not ! Sort it out !

Looking at telewag..were doomed ..sounds like they don't have enough money to buy on championship manager let alone a real player.

If you genuinely want an answer to this,as opposed to just being a doom merchant then check Nicko's post that should put you right.

Hang on a sec, keep us in midtable, so there's no chance of us getting lucky or unlucky then? Because unless things get a lot tighter in the league as to movement aound the table then we still will be better off with the investment, we could make a really good/bad buy(s) or finish high/low in the table, you just don't know, especially in the current climate.

Funny old game football ;)

The only thing that I'm 100% sure of in this whole takeover is that Syed could have bought VH with the change in his pockets.

The question remains, why VH (There MUST be a valid reason)? Once we know this, I'll know how I feel about it.

This nine million pound profit report in the paper has proved one thing though, the optimists on the board will not be deterred from their optimism, regardless of the story.

Still need to know what is going on before I'm happy / sad / annoyed about this.

I can't believe how annoyed people are getting about the negative / positive people.

The truth is our situation is this:

Scratchcard: Congratulations you have won a cash prize. It could be £1, £10, £100, £1000, £1000000. Ring 09097575757 to find out....

You wouldn't celebrate winning the one million until you knew you had won it. We know NOTHING about VH's plans. How you can be positive or negative at this stage is beyond me.

Knock Syed by all means but the billion cash is real as far as I understand it and I believe the Trust know that as well. Timmyjimmy hit the nail on the head with his post a few days ago.

The problem with VH is it could be good or it could be very bad.

The only outward physical manifestation of the takeover was sat behind the Chelsea directors at Ewood- the central characters were Jerome and Bilaji.

If by your deeds you shall know them is true in this case we are in deep deep trouble.

If everything that is being said on the other hand is true then we can happily ignore nicko's input and Rovers are in good hands.

This thing has twists yet.

Knock Syed by all means but the billion cash is real as far as I understand it and I believe the Trust know that as well. Timmyjimmy hit the nail on the head with his post a few days ago.

The problem with VH is it could be good or it could be very bad.

The only outward physical manifestation of the takeover was sat behind the Chelsea directors at Ewood- the central characters were Jerome and Bilaji.

If by your deeds you shall know them is true in this case we are in deep deep trouble.

If everything that is being said on the other hand is true then we can happily ignore nicko's input and Rovers are in good hands.

This thing has twists yet.

So why didn't the Trust go ahead and sell to Syed? If he was all he said he was it doesn't make sense.

Did Nixon not say that he had been told the trust/club didn't want an abramvich/Mansour type as it didn't fit in with the club.

Yet Indian Chicken Farming goes hand in hand with Blackburn Rovers? :)

Seriously though, Until we find out the reasons why, it is almost impossible to make a judgement on this.

Did Nixon not say that he had been told the trust/club didn't want an abramvich/Mansour type as it didn't fit in with the club.

but Syed never mentioned splashing the cash ala City style. He did promise 100mill pounds to spend, but that could easily have been spread over 2,3,4 or even 5 years with John Williams in charge. Do you think, with JW in charge, that he would just let Sam spend 100mill in one go?

So why didn't the Trust go ahead and sell to Syed? If he was all he said he was it doesn't make sense.

It didn't seem to make much sense at the time but Timmyjimmy put forwards a very sensible post on this.

Syed's public stance was:

£100m up front which included debt settlement and payment to the Trust

£300m in total in five year tranches over 15 years

My view is every bidder has inherent risks so I would always go with the richest one unless there are compelling reasons not to. We are getting into areas which are very much commercially confidential so we will never find out what the true reasoning was.

That is the extent of my "pro-Syed" positioning. I repeat I have no financial interests whatsoever and represent nobody.

Yet Indian Chicken Farming goes hand in hand with Blackburn Rovers? :)

Seriously though, Until we find out the reasons why, it is almost impossible to make a judgement on this.

No Judgement from me, I'm sure Nixon posted that on here and since the other guy asked for a reason.

I still can't get over the chicken farmers part and can't help but think Roar will transform into one of those tasty feathery beings.

I struggle to believe that the trust would sell us on to people who don't have really serious cash. If they are only worth several 100 million then its really no improvement over the trust who apparently don't feel they can do it. Even the best laid business plan has the potential to turn sour and if they don't have cash behind them we're no better off than we are currently. They must surely have more funds available than is being speculated?

People keep saying that we need to maintain our status mid table which is fine, but when the likes of sunderland can sign 1 player for £16M and previously Bent, then just to stay there we need 20M minimum a season to spend. And that doesn't include the initial required to fill all the holes in our team.

Its been suggested that we'll sign young and then sell on for profit, but its far from a science. Even the best in the world get it very wrong just look at some of Uniteds star signings recently. I keep looking at Newcastle and wonder if that's where we will end up? Ashley was a billionaire when he bought them, spent serious cash it all went sour and now won't put in a penny more. Regardless of what people think of the man he's a self made billionaire and you don't do that through luck. Badly advised, got too caught up in it all, who knows. But in the same vein it could turn out well. The part that appealed to me over the Syed bid was his suggested wealth. If he really is some sort of closet Multi billionaire then even if his first 20-50 million on transfers was wasted on dross it wouldn't have really made a difference to him or us, provided he was still enjoying having a football club. Who knows maybe Venky's can also afford for this to happen it was the multi part that gave me a little more security.

I would be really keen to know the reasons why other bids have gone south, but we'll most likely never hear anything from the trust since I believe they are all mute, given what we have heard to date. I do hope they have made the right choice and that lady luck smiles on us.

but Syed never mentioned splashing the cash ala City style. He did promise 100mill pounds to spend, but that could easily have been spread over 2,3,4 or even 5 years with John Williams in charge. Do you think, with JW in charge, that he would just let Sam spend 100mill in one go?

I think my previous post answers your question.

It didn't seem to make much sense at the time but Timmyjimmy put forwards a very sensible post on this.

Syed's public stance was:

£100m up front which included debt settlement and payment to the Trust

£300m in total in five year tranches over 15 years

My view is every bidder has inherent risks so I would always go with the richest one unless there are compelling reasons not to. We are getting into areas which are very much commercially confidential so we will never find out what the true reasoning was.

That is the extent of my "pro-Syed" positioning. I repeat I have no financial interests whatsoever and represent nobody.

I can't remember what Timmy Jimmy said but surely logic tells you that all things being equal the Trust would sell to the richest bidder. Therefore the only conclusion any of us can reach is that the Trust did not find all things were equal and they've judged the VH bid to be the best one. How can any of us claim or even imply that's a wrong decision?

Not really! I've made one assessment of Venky's, one of VH Group and one of the promoter's proportional ownership of VH Group. Three different assessments because three different things are being assessed! Keep up! Anyway, I've agreed to stop my 'assessments', you'll be pleased to know.

I know, I was there. Were you?

And presented each as their total wealth, particularly the first attempt. I'm glad you are not making any more scaremongering 'assessments'. If you PM Philipl he will give you some lessons in accountancy then you may be able to 'keep up'.

I see you live in Newcastle. Which set of fans were you with? ;)

The question remains, why VH (There MUST be a valid reason)? Once we know this, I'll know how I feel about it.

This nine million pound profit report in the paper has proved one thing though, the optimists on the board will not be deterred from their optimism, regardless of the story.

We definitely need to have some real statements from the Club and/or VH GRoup spelling out the basics of their business proposition for Rovers. I am leaning towards the positive based on some regard for John Williams and the Trust, but cautiously optimistic is a true description. There are a lot of uncertainties at the moment. However, we can't stay as we are with the Trust unwilling to sanction the ongoing injections of cash needed to sustain Rovers adequately.

The £9 million was a half-year result I believe. Crudely doubling that (I am not clear on how seasonal their business is) and applying a conservative multiple of 10 to the earnings that would give a value of c. £180 million to the business which is in line with previous comments about their value. In reality with their growth rates and their targets to expand you might raise that multiple to 15 which lifts it £270 million. That is not 'billionaire' although there will be more money elsewhere in the family coffers.

The critical side of this is 'Can VH build more income for themselves and/or Rovers from this link up'?

We shall wait and see, the Indian market is clearly important and the connection with Rovers would help expand their image. As to whether they see Rovers as a profit making venture (by cracking the Indian market, extra sponsorship, who knows yet) or as an advertising hoarding to be subsidised we wait and see. It may be both and we may also have a Kentaro element.

All questions that need to be answered, in the meantime let's keep calm and watch on with more than a little involvement as fans.

Archived