BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wigan

RIML

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still in this game but on the performance of that first half you have to be very concerned. The defense is all over the place and the midfield toothless in defense and attack. We just don't look like scoring.

I had hoped that the Chelsea performance would have given us the kick up the arse we needed but it looks like we have gone back to the gameplan we have used almost all of the season so far and one that just isn't working.

Sam is going to have to change something; there is no passion or guile. Maybe bring on Niko alongside Roberts?

Hardly anything worthwhile in the first half. A few minor chances but we seem to have reverted to a mix of hoof ball and to the feet passing, neither of which are working. Should've put Niko on for Benji not Roberts. Jones is playing well, the Wigan keeper flaps at everything so no doubt Sam will order an aerial bombardment for the second half and it will end in a bore draw.

Blimey, I expected better than that given my views that this is a game we must take 3 points from.

Sam - any chance of a half decent team talk today please?

As I said before the match, I had the 'pleasure' of seeing Fulham comfortably beat a clueless Wigan last weekend and we're struggling to create anything against them.

Worrying.

At times we have passed it pretty well, but when wide, the service hasn't been very good. On one occasion we put Mame through on goal, he needs these kind of balls as he has pace to burn. If we had a Tugay, how many through balls would he play for him? We need to drop Pedersen from the midfield and hope Dunn can regain some sort of fitness, because we have no cutting egde. We can pass it, but once it gets to 18 yard box we run out of ideas.

Ah well second half to come, we'll do better in that, surely? Oops, the dreaded half time team talk coming up :-(

Very poor first half. We are lucky to go in on level terms after that wrongly disallowed goal. Big changes need to be made in the second half.

Is a second half performance possible? I think so as a draw is not what we should be looking for from this game so in theory we have nothing for Sam to tell us to sit back on. They will be getting a rollocking at half time and hopefully be better for it.

Pedersen and Emerton have both looked absent and poor respectively with Mame Diouf creating opportunities for himself only to make a complete hash of it each time. Goulon? Dunn? Something must change in the centre of the park.

In terms of Wigan. Any chances they've created have all been down their left flank. Salgado is not really coping with N'Zogbia. Cut him out the game and we cut Wigans main attacking threat.

Heres to a better second half and three valuable points :rover:

Archived