BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview 04/11/10

OhmiBRFC

its our team character, although we won the game via a margin of 3-0, but still........ the manager could had gone for more, not like it would not make a difference with more goals eh?......

To be fair, we played some good stuffs today, and really enjoyed it for a couple of moments, but y stop it half way thru second half? the booing after M.diouf slowed down the play showed the fustration of the fans.

I would reckon BFS having problems with the new owners, because how are our new owners going to market negative football??

Anyway good result!

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windass as a pundit/reporter is just stunning in its idiocy. The man can barely talk coherently, yet he's trusted to report live on games as they're happening? I'd imagine there are plenty of younger reporters with far superior skills who could do his job a million times better than him. Yet he gets his job because he's a (not even particularly well known) footballer. He's hardly going to spike ratings, is he? It's ridiculous.

Its bad, even Jeff finds it hilarious, which says a lot - Stelling can't exactly say he's crap but does everything but :P

So bad its uncomfortable to watch when Windass says anything

In all honesty, I don't think there are many Sam lovers. I think they are more people who accept that Sam was the right man, at the right time. There are plenty who hated Sam before he stepped into the job and will never accept anything he does.

Yes--you can certainly put me in that category. And people who complain about a 3-0 win are certainly running an agenda.

We won. It was a good result. We played OK in patches. I'm happy we've got 3 points and are now in 8th. However, the midfield defended poorly, Samba is having his mid-season dip and on another day we could have lost.

I suppose you could say that in most games Mark. However, from Wolves point of view, even though they could have scored goals, they can have no complaints about losing. You can't concede three goals away from home and claim you were unlucky.

• Backroom

Two sided coin as always though LeChuck, Robbo made 3 fantastic saves after we sat back, would you have been so happy at 3-3?

Fact is it ended 3-0 so it's all irrelevant whether the change in tactics was the right decision (for me it wasnt required and put us more at risk of conceding but still it's by the by)

Two sided coin as always though LeChuck, Robbo made 3 fantastic saves after we sat back, would you have been so happy at 3-3?

Fact is it ended 3-0 so it's all irrelevant whether the change in tactics was the right decision (for me it wasnt required and put us more at risk of conceding but still it's by the by)

Just because we win 3-0 does not make all the decisions right! You can still be critical of errors and the subs were errors as the whole balance of the game changed.

Its the same as if we lost 3-0 you would also seek out the positives. Nothing is ever by the by imo. You try and learn from all of it.

• Backroom

I have made the exact same point earlier in the big Sam thread joey, it's not black and White, even though the game was mainly positive it doesn't mean we all have to see it as perfect.

The fans who booed second half for me were totally justified. What happened on that field was not positive at all when the chance to create a goalscoring chance was decided against WTF and the ball moved backwards all the way to the goalkeeper.

Theres a valuable lesson to be learnt here for all the players.... fortune favours the brave especially when you've got the ball in the opponents final third.

The fans who booed second half for me were totally justified. What happened on that field was not positive at all when the chance to create a goalscoring chance was decided against WTF and the ball moved backwards all the way to the goalkeeper.

Theres a valuable lesson to be learnt here for all the players.... fortune favours the brave.

Bloke in front of me was at it, I asked him why and he said the team and manager were 'pathetic'.

Just another afternoon in the Blackburn End! :wacko:

Fortune favours the brave...... Yet we came out of the weekend with a better result than any other team in the premier league. Our 3 points and +3 goal difference was better than any one else could come up with.

It could and should have been even a whole lot better against what looks like one of the relegation candidates.

It happened once thankfully but it is a massive learning curve, the fans have the right to ask, why did you do that to the players, as it was seen as not being clever, it didnt look pretty, and it certainly wasnt entertaining and one or two players who recieved a backward pass seemed to be unprepared or at least alarmed when the ball came back to them in this situation which just added to what looked like a mess. Did it end up with a punt upfield from Paul Robinson ?

It amazes me that people could label the team and manager pathetic after a 3-0 win... You don't sit behind Abbey do you? ;)

We're in the top half of one of the toughest leagues in the work with zero investment for a few years.

That's some achievement when you look at what the teams around us have spent. Even the bottom 3 massively outspent us this summer.

It could and should have been even a whole lot better against what looks like one of the relegation candidates.

It happened once thankfully but it is a massive learning curve, the fans have the right to ask, why did you do that to the players, as it was seen as not being clever, it didnt look pretty, and it certainly wasnt entertaining and one or two players who recieved a backward pass seemed to be unprepared or at least alarmed when the ball came back to them in this situation which just added to what looked like a mess. Did it end up with a punt upfield from Paul Robinson ?

Was it an Allardyce order? I noticed that he was frantically waving the team forward (or telling them to stop sitting so deep)for the last 15 mins.

Was it an Allardyce order? I noticed that he was frantically waving the team forward (or telling them to stop sitting so deep)for the last 15 mins.

Dont know as I sit at the opposite end of the ground.

Defensively the midfield was poor, El Hadj Diouf a bit like Chimbonda when it comes to defending.Emmerton running around like a headless chicken, Jones running around, just running around. Thought Morten Gamst Pedersen was the best defensive midfielder, closed down well, won challenges in several different areas but the other three for me were weak defensively as they just seemed to look busy whilst doing nothing.

The other Diouf just runs around, but he aint ever, ever going to put a foot in when see this aided by trying to play some very hard long balls that get intercepted you realise why the pressure comes firmly back onto the back four.

Theres a valuable lesson to be learnt here for all the players.... fortune favours the brave especially when you've got the ball in the opponents final third.

Not always. I wonder if Matt Derbyshire agrees, having been shipped out to Greece and then Brum following a naive decision trying to score the killer goal rather than time against Man City. Somewhat different circumstances but it's not as simple as saying we'll be rewarded for always going for goal.

Finally got to ewood for the first time this season and I came away feeling bitter sweet.

The positives are obvious - 3 goals, a clean sheet, an incredible goalkeeping performance (apart from him trying to kick the ball to the opposition keeper everytime!)

The negatives - how many times was samba beaten in the air? Our lack of speed and fluidity in attack has been the same for years, but I really noticed it yesterday.

I see there's a debate ranging about the decision to keep ball near the end of the match. For the record, I'm pro sam. I think he's done wonders on a shoestring and for him to be giving our youngsters a chance is something none of our managers in the past have done. How many times have we complained about the lack of players coming out of brockhall?

However, I watch football for 2 reasons. To win and to be entertained.

In about the 85th minute, morris was pushing forward quickly. He spotted a killer ball over to his right which would have put mama diouf in on goal. He attempted the 40 yard pass and it was intercepted - just. I was watching sam and he went mental. Wolves went straight up the other end, and robbo pulled off a save for a corner. Big sam was beside himself with anger.

And here's the dilemma. Morris is a young player making his home debut. If he'd made that pass, he would be king today. As it stands, he probably wont ever try to do that again, because im sure sam will tear strips off him at the end of the game. Who's right? There's no disputing that his misplaced pass lead to a goalscoring opportunity for wolves. But the margin for success / error is so small. If the players are encouraged to press forward and play attacking football, then their passing will get better.

A case in point is our 'friends' at bolton. v similar squad to big sam, but he has them playing a passing game which the fans are absolutely loving. Right now, its clear our fans are divided. And for the pro sam brigade to dismiss concerns about the style of football is just arrogant. It's an integral part of the enjoyment of the game for so many people.

He wasnt. He was telling Pederson to play through the middle instead of going out wide. Took him about 3 mins to get his point across! This was confirmed when he went 5 at the back with morris coming on. The shape of the team was very narrow in the last 5-10.

For me the entertainment comes from winning. Losing but playing well isnt fun to watch. Allardyce is frighteningly effective with his style of football and I can accept it when we win. Therefore I have no complaints whatsoever with Saturday's performance or result.

I can understand people screaming for us to go for a 4th or 5th, but we still won the game 3-0... the fact that the team still attacked at 2-0 up and tried to get a third goal seems to have been missed by some people. Plus we probably should have got a 4th/5th when we hit them on the break anyway.

Watched the highlights on match of the day. I know the highlights dont tell the whole story but -

Gosh Robinson is good. I wonder how many points he has saved for us this season.

That was a hell of a free kick from Pederson. Like a cruse missile with onboard computer it went level with the defense and then took a sharp right angled turn to present itself for our attack. ( I exagerate a tadd but it was jolly good) Presumably Pederson must be outstanding is some fantasy football competition.

Archived