BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa FA Cup game

philipl

Anyone remember when we played them in the 3rd round (1989 or 1990 cant remember exactly). Think we drew 2-2 at home in a classic and then we lost the replay 3-1. Andy Kenndyscored an absolute screamer in first minute (cue John Moston saying "If Marco Van Basten scored that we'd be seeing it every week." Frank Stapleton missed a pen which would've put us 2-1 up. Gutted that night! Think that Lanky Ian Ormandroyd scored a couple. Remember him?

2-1 to Rovers on Saturday.

I do, and we were robbed in the first game. Villa equalised in the final minutes with a cross from Tony Daley, who had handled it to keep it in play along the Riverside, on the blind side of the referee.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi chaps where's the best/ safest place to park a car near to villa park?

There are plenty of car parks just off the motorway junction. Personally I find it better to park at either Bescot Stadium or Tame Valley Parkway stations for nothing and get the train to Witton, from which it's a two minute walk to the ground.

Hi chaps where's the best/ safest place to park a car near to villa park?

Plenty of light industrial units with car parking with security people within 5mins walk of the ground. Costs about a fiver but well worth it.

Hope we play better than the last FA Cup game at Villa. Rovers didn't turn up that day and supporters sat there in silence (except me of course). Atmosphere was like a morgue. Is Darren Bent cup tied ? If not he's an absolutely certainty to score.

• Backroom

Plenty of light industrial units with car parking with security people within 5mins walk of the ground. Costs about a fiver but well worth it.

Hope we play better than the last FA Cup game at Villa. Rovers didn't turn up that day and supporters sat there in silence (except me of course). Atmosphere was like a morgue. Is Darren Bent cup tied ? If not he's an absolutely certainty to score.

Bent played for Sunderland in the last round thankfully :)

Still not confident there's just something about playing them in the cup

Hopefully we can nick a draw and bring them back to Ewood, which we will have a better chance of winning then we can hopefully get on a decent run.

A few of our players on the fringes will probably get a run out and are decent enough players to make a game of it.

Excited about this game. I don't think we can afford Olsson at the back as he provides so little defensive protection, and Kalinic for me just offers very little up front.

--------------------Cruz

Olsson----------Dunn------------Hoilett

---------Pedersen----Jones

Givet---Nelsen-------Samba----Salgado

------------------Robinson

We can win this, but I would like to see a bit more shape in the way the team is set up. Against WBA we were enthralling but lacking in organisation.

Anyone remember when we played them in the 3rd round (1989 or 1990 cant remember exactly). Think we drew 2-2 at home in a classic and then we lost the replay 3-1. Andy Kenndyscored an absolute screamer in first minute (cue John Moston saying "If Marco Van Basten scored that we'd be seeing it every week." Frank Stapleton missed a pen which would've put us 2-1 up. Gutted that night! Think that Lanky Ian Ormandroyd scored a couple. Remember him?

2-1 to Rovers on Saturday.

Seem to recall most Rovers fans didn't get there to see the first goal, in the days when we took thousands away on a more regular basis.

Excited about this game. I don't think we can afford Olsson at the back as he provides so little defensive protection, and Kalinic for me just offers very little up front.

--------------------Cruz

Olsson----------Dunn------------Hoilett

---------Pedersen----Jones

Givet---Nelsen-------Samba----Salgado

------------------Robinson

We can win this, but I would like to see a bit more shape in the way the team is set up. Against WBA we were enthralling but lacking in organisation.

We got rid of Allardyce some weeks ago. We play two upfront now.

It's about time we came good in cup games against Villa, given Villa's current state and the fact that Darren Bent wont be playing, I think it is our best chance of knocking Villa out.

I hope we do it on Saturday rather than drag them back here for a replay.

I think it's time we won one of these recurring cup-ties. It'll be nip 'n' tuck.

Depends on which Rovers team turns up. Depends on which Villa team turns up.

Our turn to win without a replay.............4-2. (Samba, Nelsen, Olsson, Kalinic)

Archived