Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle home

philipl

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Calm down love.

Heh, probably a slight overreaction admittedly. I was against the RSC signing originally though, and so far the staples of his second season for us - lack of goals and injuries, are starting to appear within the first few weeks :(

If he scores he'll be king again, but if he can't score that ... :D

can we get a bit of protection for Salgado please? Emerton needs to come on, either on the wing to be able to drop back in support, or straight on for Salgado at full back. We're playing very direct today too. Still hopeful we can make it seven on the trot against the Geordies.

First ten mins I thought we were going to have a go. Then after that awful. Ref is poor too. To say we are an attacking team our final ball is awful.

No idea what system he's trying to play, and it doesn't look as if the team do either.

Usually Keans changes make us worse, so I'm not expecting much in the 2nd half.

Peders needs to come on for Dunn and Hoilett needs to switch to the right and push Enrique back with his pace. Clearly, Kean wanted to exploit Simpson down the left but so far Olsson has left his crossing boots at home and hasn't done much. Jones is looking lively and was clearly trying to copy Rooney with that volley early on. I think this was to be expected, Nuke have their tails up after last weeks comeback, we are a bit wary and nervous after shipping four. Kean's half-time talk and second-half subs are going to be crucial if we are going to get 3 points.

Archived