BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle home

philipl

Thanks for all the replies on the bus question lads! Very helpful and much appreciated! :)

If you are talking about after the match then just forget it! Please trust me on this......it is far quicker to walk. The police halt all traffic moving along Bolton Road in the vicinity of Ewood for about 15 mins, or allow a trickle, but I have never seen a bus pass in the direction of Blackburn in all the time it takes me to walk the whole way to the station. I do it after every home game that I attend, and I can "leg it" to the Boulevard (train station) in just over 22 mins and I am 75 and nowhere near as quick as I once was.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno why we don't at the very least have formica on the bench today. Todays game is so important, a loss and things could turn nasty quickly.

If we're 1-0 down say with 20 minutes to go, surely being able to bring him on, is what could switch the game around.

Giving the lad 20 minutes in this game isn't going to damage him too much if we really need a bit of creativity in the final third.

i agree with this, but has it been said anywhere that he isn't on the bench today?

I can "leg it" to the Boulevard (train station) in just over 22 mins and I am 75 and nowhere near as quick as I once was.

As a young man of 75 I am surprised to see you have adopted the horrible American expression "train station" !

Agree it's quicker to walk, and I'm 106.

Another question :S this ones a long shot but does anyone know what platform I need robbed on from Bolton(at Bolton) to Blackburn AND from Bolton to Manchester piccadilly?? help would be appreciated again :)

Robbed* to be*

Bolton train station has those boards so it is easy to navigate without knowing beforehand, probably best just looking when you get there mate, otherwise you could confuse yourself trying to remember.

Didn't know there was a train to Piccadily from Bolton, I thought it was just the train to Victoria that went through.

Another question :S this ones a long shot but does anyone know what platform I need robbed on from Bolton(at Bolton) to Blackburn AND from Bolton to Manchester piccadilly?? help would be appreciated again :)

Robbed* to be*

When you go down the White stairs onto bolton train station, the trains at the top left is the trains to Manchester Piccadilly, And top right is the trains to Blackburn.

No idea on platform numbers. There's a nice glass cafe directly in the middle of both platforms you may wish to sit in.

As a young man of 75 I am surprised to see you have adopted the horrible American expression "train station" !

Ahhh Jim....have you never heard the expression "when in Rome....etc"? I have lived in Scotland for 31years now. :rolleyes:

Platform 3 to Piccadilly mate,,,, you want the Manchester airport train

Platform 1 to Blackburn (clitheroe or bburn train)

Go to work on that train every day

And it's the platform on the right as you go down the stairs,,, left to go back to bburn

Bolton train station has those boards so it is easy to navigate without knowing beforehand, probably best just looking when you get there mate, otherwise you could confuse yourself trying to remember.

Didn't know there was a train to Piccadily from Bolton, I thought it was just the train to Victoria that went through.

From Bolton TO Blackburn you want to be on Platform 1

From Bolton back to Manchester (Picc) you want to be on Platform 3

• Backroom

How can I get back to blackburn rail station by bus (e.g what number/time/where)

help appreciated! Thanks

Personally I'd just ask Gav for the money for a taxi :P

Not overly confident about today now, not having Olsson on the wing has such a negative impact on the team that I'd risk someone else there just so we can have him further up.

First goal is absolutely crucial with our record and current run of losses

Not going to be an easy game at all, Newcastle are going to be buzzing after that comeback vs Arsenal. Im going with a 2-1 win with lots of nervy moments.

Kalinic, Samba, Barton and at least 1 player to see red

As an American, I'm curious. What do you folks call a 'train station'?

Next time I'm in England I want to get the lingo correct.

They're for Muggles though, I always use Platform 2 and a half!

:tu:

Not overly confident about today now, not having Olsson on the wing has such a negative impact on the team that I'd risk someone else there just so we can have him further up.

First goal is absolutely crucial with our record and current run of losses

I fear what a loss would say about the club in light of past performance, but I'm very optimistic of a win. Mostly as we need it.

Next time I'm in England I want to get the lingo correct.

:tu:

I fear what a loss would say about the club in light of past performance, but I'm very optimistic of a win. Mostly as we need it.

Train station is correct. I can only assume he perfers to call it a railway station :-P

Train station is correct. I can only assume he perfers to call it a railway station :-P

Personally I just call it a station and only qualify it if I mean bus station. The kids at school, having been brought up on American "movies", (personally I prefer the word film) all say train station. Old folks perhaps say railway station if they want to put a word in front of station, but neither railway nor train is actually necessary.

just waiting for atherton fans to pick us up enroute to ewood . come on let's sing loud today and drown the chubby Geordies out . I been twittering with a Geordie lass who reckons bartons on fire and gona behave himself . we need snap at his ankles today lads ! shefki playing , well then , come on !!!!

Railway station.

Unfortunately more and more American words are being adopted over here, probably down to tv, films etc.

Chips have become fries, crisps are becoming chips, holidays/vacation, normal/regular, lift/elevator, ambulance men/paramedics. The list is endless, although sidewalk doesn't seem to have caught on.

A final one - never say 'Go Rovers.' It's always 'Come on Rovers.' :lol:

Andrews at RB? Worked once, a bit.

I remember him pointing the opposition left winger the to go way past him. Frequently.

My strong preference would see Emerton at RB and Salgado switched to LB. Playing Olsson at LB costs us twice- a decent full back and no speed going forwards on the left if the opponents have him sussed and he needs to hold back.

Archived