BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle home

philipl

To be fair, I think as far as his finishing goes, it is definitely quite good. I know he hasn't scored that many goals, but I'm positive that the majority of shots he's had have been fairly accurate with quite a few hitting the woodwork. So I think that part of his game is quite strong and if he keeps getting the chances, he'll keep scoring. It's the other parts of his game that have been absolutely shocking, in particular his balance and strength on the ball. Besides that he's shown signs of nerves and I think mentally he hasn't been ready to cope with the pressure of the Premier League.

I think he's not far off becoming a quality striker. He has the technical skill to achieve it.

Hmm, I'm not so sure Miker. I may be wrong but I can only recall him scoring one real cracker since he arrived (against WBA), the rest have not revealed any technical ability; most consisted of goalie howlers, mis-hit shots and unusual efforts from unusual parts of the body. I really hope he does well for us but he is frustrating to watch.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the Lawro prediction too - Yessssssssssssssss!!!

RSC & Kalinic up top please

Formica from the bench would be good too - even if its just for 15 mins towards the end.

Tough game, Newcastle midfield is very strong in terms of battle so no pansies like Keith playing please!

Just seen the Lawro prediction too - Yessssssssssssssss!!!

RSC & Kalinic up top please

Formica from the bench would be good too - even if its just for 15 mins towards the end.

Tough game, Newcastle midfield is very strong in terms of battle so no pansies like Keith playing please!

If we were winning and in the clear i'd like to see him come on for Dunn or one of the strikers. Be a nice treat.

If we were losing (god forbid) then i'd probably stick with a tried and tested chappy. I doubt we'll see him just yet though.

This is a massive game for us. We've had two poor loses and need to get back to winning ways. The diamond formation that we've been playing isn't working and leaves us over run in the middle of the field. Newcastle's midfield is their strong point, so we can't afford to be weak here. The return of Santa Cruz will be a big boost and I would pair him with Kalinic. I thought that the two of them looked good together when they beat West Brom. I'd like to see Formica and maybe Rochina at some stage in this game. I'm going for a 2-1 Rovers win.

Robinson

Emerton Samba Nelsen Salgado

J Jones

Hoilett MGP Olsson

Kalinic RSC

i know, Salgado at left back sounds strange, but either he goes there, or we move Hanley to left back. Olsson is needed in midfield, so at least try something different.

Robsinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Hanley

Hoilett J Jones MGP Olsson

Kalinic RSC

Ramp up the pressure for this game. If, Rovers should concede one, never mind any other goals to Newcastle, then this must be deemed as unsatisfactory after last weeks diabolical performance from the teams defensive point of view.

All eyes will be on Steve Kean to deliver for this one, just to see what hes learnt and what hes done this week to rectify last weeks heavy legged, empty headed performance at the DW.

arte et labore :brfc:

So if we win 5-1 - you would see it as totally unsatisfactory ? We don't get many clean sheets - end of. If we score more than them - and win the match - I will be happy. COYB

Plenty of optimism following Lawro's prediction and Roque being fit!

I just hope Kean doesn't over-react to last week by feeling he needs to shore up the midfield by playing Keef as rightly or wrongly, that optimism will be sucked out before the game starts. The team doesn't need the crowd on his back tomorrow.

Doubt Newcastle will have two up top with their lack of striker available, they'll pack the MF, with Givet still out I'd go:

----------------------Robbo

---------------Samba Nelsen

Salgado-----------------------------Olsson

-----------------Jones--N'Zonzi

------Hoilett--------Dunn-------MGP

-----------------------RSC

A must not lose game.

Grella could replace either of the two DM's, not much in difference in any of them.

Ramp up the pressure for this game. If, Rovers should concede one, never mind any other goals to Newcastle, then this must be deemed as unsatisfactory after last weeks diabolical performance from the teams defensive point of view.

All eyes will be on Steve Kean to deliver for this one, just to see what hes learnt and what hes done this week to rectify last weeks heavy legged, empty headed performance at the DW.

arte et labore :brfc:

You are setting up the current regime to fail. How on earth is conceding a goal "unsatisfactory"? What kind of criteria is that? What happens if we win 4-1 - unsatisfactory? What happens if we win 4-2 - calls for Kean to be sacked?

In the past month or so, all your posts have read in the following ultimatum style:

If <something bad> happens then we will all really have to question the suitability of the owners/manager.

I bet I could find 15 or 20 such examples. It's really tiresome and the words of somebody who is not actually really hoping for any success.

You are setting up the current regime to fail. How on earth is conceding a goal "unsatisfactory"? What kind of criteria is that? What happens if we win 4-1 - unsatisfactory? What happens if we win 4-2 - calls for Kean to be sacked?

In the past month or so, all your posts have read in the following ultimatum style:

If <something bad> happens then we will all really have to question the suitability of the owners/manager.

I bet I could find 15 or 20 such examples. It's really tiresome and the words of somebody who is not actually really hoping for any success.

Hopefully he was joking.

. . .

i know, Salgado at left back sounds strange, but either he goes there, or we move Hanley to left back. Olsson is needed in midfield, so at least try something different.

I agree that Olsson is wasted at LB. He needs to be in a left sided midfield position. Having said that, why not Josh Morris? While he is young, he's also a left sided player (back or mid), hasn't performed too badly, has energy and would be better than/would free up Olsson. Keep Olsson/Hoilett on the wings, have Emerton play right center mid to cover Salgado/Samba and J. Jones left center mid to cover Nelsen/Morris.

Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Morris

Hoilett Emerton J.Jones Olsson

Kalinic RSC

And regardless of formation, a win would give us some breathing room. And I'll be glued to my computer in 24 hours. :) Go Rovers! :tu:

I agree that Olsson is wasted at LB. He needs to be in a left sided midfield position. Having said that, why not Josh Morris? While he is young, he's also a left sided player (back or mid), hasn't performed too badly, has energy and would be better than/would free up Olsson. Keep Olsson/Hoilett on the wings, have Emerton play right center mid to cover Salgado/Samba and J. Jones left center mid to cover Nelsen/Morris.

Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Morris

Hoilett Emerton J.Jones Olsson

Kalinic RSC

And regardless of formation, a win would give us some breathing room. And I'll be glued to my computer in 24 hours. :) Go Rovers! :tu:

I'd like to see Morris given a chance but I think with the status of this game being quite important (I'm almost certain we aint going to be relegated but anything can happen on a losing streak) that we should wait until we're a little more sure footed.

Whilst I was writing that I also came up with the opposing view that it's a very winnable game and there aren't many other appropriate games where you'd want to see his starting introduction.

I'll start my own messageboard and just argue with myself on there.

• Backroom

Givet out is a massive loss IMO, we look far better and far more fluid with Hoilett and Olsson on either flank.

Once we have both those two and Formica in the team we could look a real team, the problem is getting to that stage.

Archived