BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle home

philipl

Just about to leave for the match but feeling incredibly nervous about this one and fear 2-1 loss.

I think the Geordies will be too strong in midfield for us and Guity something will be targeted to run Salgado dizzy.

With 7 subs, very disappointed that neither Rochina or Formica are on the bench. Don't see how we could lose - if we are winning comfortably, give one of them a taste, if are losing and things are desperate, a flash of inspiration may be needed.

Some gossip last night that RSC will not last the course today but Kean desperate for him to play.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely we got to win this one, not going to bet on rovers winning today, everytime I do we always lose! I think we shud put emerton at left back n let ollson go left mid, surely emerton wud do a decent job left back, we need ollson n hoillet on them wings.

Hopefully we see formica on the bench instead of Andrews, surely formica wud be a better option in the last 20 mins if we're chasing the game.

I'm going for a cheeky punt 3 - 1 kalanic with 2 Santa Cruz with 1 ...... come on rovers!

• Backroom

Four changes for Rovers as Santa Cruz, Kalinic, Dunn and Nzonzi all start.

Wonder if that means no JJ, good to have Roque and Niko up top but I presume Olsson is still LB which weakens our attack somewhat

Railway station.

Unfortunately more and more American words are being adopted over here, probably down to tv, films etc.

Chips have become fries, crisps are becoming chips, holidays/vacation, normal/regular, lift/elevator, ambulance men/paramedics. The list is endless, although sidewalk doesn't seem to have caught on.

A final one - never say 'Go Rovers.' It's always 'Come on Rovers.' :lol:

I find fries and chips tend to be used properly here - fries when they are thin and chips when they are thick. Never hear vacation or elevator, either.

Quite happy with that team. Dunn will probably start left but will have license to drift inside when Olsson inevitably bombs on.

Can't believe so many people wanted to play someone at left back who has never played there before. Olsson is a decent left back, I still firmly believe that's his best position long term.

but where the hell are our new players.

We announced them as two new young signings that can play for the first team.

Instead they are two new young signings that eventually, given the right circumstances, might one day make it to a game.

Which is completely useless. We might as well announce how we're giving trials to 14 year old kids or something. Ones for the distant future maybe, but pretending like we've done some good transfer business is a joke.

but where the hell are our new players.

We announced them as two new young signings that can play for the first team.

Instead they are two new young signings that eventually, given the right circumstances, might one day make it to a game.

Which is completely useless. We might as well announce how we're giving trials to 14 year old kids or something. Ones for the distant future maybe, but pretending like we've done some good transfer business is a joke.

Just look at their backgrounds and previous playing experience. There is no way they can be pitched straight into the EPL without being brought up to speed first. And that has to include some building up bodily as well. Then we will be seeing them in the team and starting even. Just try and find a little bit of patience.

Archived