BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

According to todays LT – Venkys have made a shortlist of candidates and will look to appoint as quick as possible.

Vineeth Rao ‘We are trying to find a good experienced chairman and we do have some options. Hopefully we will be able to say more in the next couple of days’.

LT understands former group commercial director of the FA – Jonathan Hill is being considered….he is a Kentaro client – however they have stressed this is only 1 of several options.

Some info on Hill in this article

One line from that article.....However, Hill, whose five-year tenure brought a £300m increase.

Kentaro Profile on Hill

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Johnathan Hill didn't work for Kentaro then some people might be tempted to describe him as a sensible option, given his position at the F.A. Given the obvious imperative to expand our commercial operations he's exactly the sort of candidate we should be looking at.

As it is he'll just be seen as a bogeyman by many who'll be lying in wait to trip him up.

The main criteria for me is that he/she should know the role, know football and have the ability to communicate with the supporters, then I have no preference who he or she may be, however, I do hope that the Kentaro links do not become the main criteria.

The main criteria for me is that he/she should know the role, know football and have the ability to communicate with the supporters, then I have no preference who he or she may be, however, I do hope that the Kentaro links do not become the main criteria.

Completely agree.

A touch unlikely that he would leave his job of Chief executive of ITV at c£3m a year to come to Rovers.

Bet he would for five. Just sell Andrews and Grella - that would be an acceptable trade off.

I see what you're getting at but what if it's Henning Berg?

Scandanavian people need not apply.

That should cover it.

Sorry Alexanders, nothing personal, us Jews have to band together.

It'll be someone no-one's heard of, allowing us all to get the pitch forks and burning torches out and march on Ewood once more.

Hurrah!

Other than one or two people I dare say nobody had heard of John Williams before he took over.

Archived