BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Remaining Fixtures

barry_

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The home form should have kept us safe, that has gone, it will be touch and go and a very nervy end to the season.

The clubs that are currently propping up the rest, also have a daunting task. I'm hoping with all the draws yesterday that two wins would give us enough to survive just but I think we can squeeze a couple of draws if we adopt a different system.

Any ways the teams staring at the trap door in the coming weeks IMO:

West Ham

Home: Stoke Man U Villa Rovers S/Land--------4 points

Away: L/Pool Spuds Bolton Chelsea Man C Wigan---------2 points

Wigan

Home: Man U Brum Spuds Everton West Ham----------4 points

Away: Man C Chelsea Blackpool S/Land Villa Stoke------ 6 points

Wolves

Home: Blackpool Spuds Everton Fulham WBA Rovers ....... 7 points

Away: WBA Villa Newcastle Stoke Brum S/Land ........ 2 points

WBA

Home: Wolves Arsenal L/Pool Chelsea Villa Everton......... 2 points

Away: Stoke Brum S/land Spuds Wolves Newcastle ......... 5 points

Blackpool

Home: Spuds Chelsea Arsenal Wigan Newcastle Stoke Bolton...... 7 points

Away: Wolves Rovers Fulham Spuds Man U ........ 2 points

I suspect the three home games against Blackpool, Bolton and Birmingham will decide our fate. We need to rediscover Sam's formula for picking up home points because anything less than a six point return from those three games could see us relegated. If we are not safe by the end of April I don't think we will escape. WHU (a), Utd (h) and Wolves (a) is not the best way to finish in May. Anything picked up at Villa, Fulham, Arsenal or Everton would be a welcome bonus. Sadly, I've already given up on United and City at Ewood. If we do survive it's beginning to look like it will only be by a point or two at best. Whilst our present five point gap to the bottom three may not seem much, it still means that there are clubs below us who have to do considerably better than ourselves to survive - at least that's the lifeline that I'm clinging to at the moment.

The sad thing is that I feel this is all so unneccesary. If we do go down it will all be self inflicted and really we would have nobody to blame but our new owners. A season that really offered us the opportunity to continue to progress upwards has simply fallen apart in recent weeks. For all our sakes I hope that Kean can turn it around for relegation would not only destroy his own credibility but also that of the owners.

The one that really worries me is if we go to Wolves on the last day needing a win. Even if Wolves are already relegated before the kick-off we wont win there with it all to do, and if they can still save themselves before the kick-off we might just as well send the kids and accept the inevitable.

I'm looking at the three Bs for the nine points we need - Blackpool, Bolton and Birmingham are vital games. The last three look an absolute nightmare with those teams desperate for points for differing reasons or playing with the freedom of knowing they are already champions or relegated.

I'm planning to be at Wolves if we need a point or three

Villa (A) - 0 points

Fulham (A) - 1 point

Blackpool (H) - 3 points

Arsenal (A) - 0 points

Birmingham (H) - 1 point

Everton (A) - 0 points

Man City (H) - 0 points

Bolton(H) - 3 points

West Ham (A) - 1 point

Man Utd (H) - 0 points

Wolves (A) - 3 points

This is pretty fair and realistic estimate imo.

Which is 12 points. That makes a total of 44 points at the end of the season. So we are not going down, but we're not gonna have a great season either. So basically we'll just have to wait untill the summer when we are going to buy some quality players and then kick on from there!

Everybody has us down to beat Blackpool, but that could still go horribly wrong. My personal view, is that we need to pick up points whether its a win or a draw. The 5 points that we are ahead, might seem little, but it could be crucial in the bigger scheme of things. We should never, have found ourselves in this position, and there should never have been relegation talk. Our owners have in many ways ###### up, by making crucial errors.

http://www.samaritans.org/ :P

We will be fine, we will not go down so please stop panicing.

The club is going through some massive changes and that will cause a dip in form. Newcastle aside we have been looking better and better every game and very unlucky not to get some more points from recent games. Results will start to come our way soon!

For all our sakes I hope that Kean can turn it around for relegation would not only destroy his own credibility but also that of the owners.

More importantly, it would destroy our club.

It's a complete nonsense that we are now speculating as to whether we can scrape enough points to stay-up.

Unbelievable how the landscape can change so rapidly, for the worse, in less than 3 months.

Poor Jack must be spinning in his grave.

I ran the predictor to the 37th game and Wolves v Rovers was a relegation decider. Scary!

What you have to remember is that since West Ham drew at Ewood in Steve Kean's first game, they have been doing better than one point per game and they are still in the drop zone.

I think this really will be 40 points for safety this season- not more because none of the bottom three are getting detached and giving up easy points but it is not going to be less than one point per game (38) either.

More importantly, it would destroy our club.

It's a complete nonsense that we are now speculating as to whether we can scrape enough points to stay-up.

Unbelievable how the landscape can change so rapidly, for the worse, in less than 3 months.

Poor Jack must be spinning in his grave.

We were doing that LAST year and the year BEFORE too.

Watching the club sign Benjani on a free transfer, having banked £2 million would have done that.

Archived