BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

The basis of the formation looks correct to me just with the wrong personnel. I am pleased to see the back of the dreaded diamond but there is not an ounce of creativity in there. If we have 3 players in the centre we need a bit of an outlet with some pace or creativity. Gamst and Emerton will not offer that.

Heres hoping we can snatch a win but I am not hopeful given the players we have out there. They are a better side but anything can happen!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I like the look of the side out wide with Peds and Emerton being able to offer a lot more defensively to help out the full backs. It looks like absolutely shocking choices in the middle though, with Hanley and Nelsen in defence not filling me with a great degree of confidence and Andrews, Grella, and Jones being possibly the most creatively-devoid midfield I've ever seen. Sam tactics?

It is a defensive line up. Away from home, I do not mind as much. If the plan is to try to tighten up, maybe this is the aim today, with the hope of pinching a goal. But there are options on the bench to change things if needed. I am actually quietly confident Rovers can do well today. Away from home I will be happy with a draw today.

Looks like the diamond has been abadoned. I take it we are lining up like this:

--------------- Robinson --------------

Salgado, Hanley, Nelsen, Olsson

-------- Andrews --- Grella -----------

--- Emerton --- Jones ------ MGP -

----------------- Santa Cruz------------

Looks like our lone goal threat will be a Santa Cruz since the "supporting three" are Emerton, Jones & Pedersen all of whom aren't exactly prolific infront of goal. Ona brighter note at least the defence and particulary Salgado will have some defensive cover with three defensive minded central midfielders plus Emerton & Pedersen who work hard and track back.

Or/switching in possession:

-----------------Robinson --------------

Salgado--Hanley---Nelsen----Olsson

------------------ Grella -----------

----------Jones --------Andrews

-----Emerton--------------------MGP

----------------- Santa Cruz------------

Either way looks like a point is the priority and too some extent I agree, every point is vital at this stage.

Villa's defence looks so poor that we should've gone for an attacking lineup to take advantage of it. If it's 0-0 at half-time, Kean needs to put on some strikers and go for it.

Rubbish. They are below us so a point today must be the aim. The thought of winning is fine but the priority is not to lose to relegation rivals.

What a privilege it is to see the worst two midfielders in the Premier League, in the same team.

I count three matching that description in that midfield.

On the evidence of the first 15 mins we seem to have gone back to kick and hope hoofball again. As usual its generating the usual outcome, losing possession and putting us on the back foot.

Archived