BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers

roversmum

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know of an away friendly pub and parking close to the ground?

ta!

There's parking all along the road from the motorway to the ground. We tend to park in Aston Social Club - its about a 10 minute walk to the ground, but makes for a qucik getaway.

As for pubs - there is an 'away' pub at the end of the road - Witton Arms it is called now. But beware they charge £2 to get in.

Robinson

Nelsen Samba Givet

Emerton Olsson

J.Jones

Pedersen Holiett

Roberts/Cruz Kalinic

3 at the back will be enough to marshall bent and agbonlahor, whilst wing backs will be in place to attack and defend. give holiett a free role to do what ever he wants and Kalinic has to play, good goal record against Villa. roberts to play if cruz is not risked.

There's parking all along the road from the motorway to the ground. We tend to park in Aston Social Club - its about a 10 minute walk to the ground, but makes for a qucik getaway.

As for pubs - there is an 'away' pub at the end of the road - Witton Arms it is called now. But beware they charge £2 to get in.

Thanks for that CN - £2 to get in? Does that mean they have strippers on? :blush: Just kiddin!

Thanks for that CN - £2 to get in? Does that mean they have strippers on? :blush: Just kiddin!

oh aye ;)

I forgot to add, the beer is generally terrible. I know I'm not selling it well, but around the ground there isn't much else. Oh and don't go into the ground expecting to get a beer because they dont sell it.

If there was ever a time for Rovers to achieve some balance in the team it is now. That means if you want to have Dunn in you need to sacrifice a striker, if you want two strikers then Dunn sits on the bench or doesn't travel. Either way we need a couple of wide players who can cover the full backs, my preference would be Emerton on the right and if Givet is fit Olson on the left. I would also have Pedersen in central midfield alongside a holding midfielder, choose one of N'Zonzi, Jones or even Grella. I know that leaves Hoillet out but he could play off Santa Cruz, Roberts or Kalinic. I am not keen on having Dunny in come what may, sorry but he isn't doing his defensive shifts and with the way we have been shipping goals it is time we pointed the finger at the whole team structure and not the back four. Too many players just wanting to steam forward and not cover their men when we don't have the ball.

Villa are very strong on the counter attack with a lot of pace so Salgado either needs supporting or maybe play Emerton there.

Finally, we need players to make themselves available for the ball by working off their markers, too often Rovers are looking to the player on the ball to make an outrageous pass, simple short options are not available.

The material is good enough, need to add some hard work and concentration.

Agree - for Dunn to play, for me, he needs to be as one of the strikers (not playing that high up the pitch). His best form in recent times/years came when he was playing off the front striker.

In relation to tactics, let's keep it simple and try and be more compact - if we continue to play open/loose, some team is going to give us a real hammering.

Agree - for Dunn to play, for me, he needs to be as one of the strikers (not playing that high up the pitch). His best form in recent times/years came when he was playing off the front striker.

In relation to tactics, let's keep it simple and try and be more compact - if we continue to play open/loose, some team is going to give us a real hammering.

Agree entirely John, but will the manager?

I dont think we can afford to play Salgado at right back in this game unless he's got decent cover, he'll get murdered for pace by the villa wingers

Looking forward to seeing what formica is like, id play

Robinson

Nelson samba givet

Salgado Jones

Hoilett pedersen or formica ollson

Santa Cruz kalanic

I'm goin for 1 - 1 but my guts saying 3 - 1 villa

............….…..Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

......................Jones

..............Emerton Olsson

.......................Dunn

.................Roque Kalinic

I unfortunately expect. Aswell as a loss.

Archived