BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers

Stuart

Awful feeling this morning.

I desperately hope for a win as our situation will look extremely dire if we don't.

On the other hand, if we are to lose, I hope we play badly and get hammered out of sight leaving Mrs D with no alternative to using the axe.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely outcome today will be defeat (which is a shame, because I'm a rare attendee at the game today) then if I was Mrs D, I'd be begging Hughes to take the Rovers job back. Extremely unlikely I know. I have absolutely no faith in Steve Kean whatsoever, wish it had worked, but it's obvious it's not going to, why prolong the misery.

Awful feeling this morning.

I desperately hope for a win as our situation will look extremely dire if we don't.

On the other hand, if we are to lose, I hope we play badly and get hammered out of sight leaving Mrs D with no alternative to using the axe.

Thats the spirit.

Sickened by the attitude of some on here.

Heading off in a couple of hours. I'd take a draw to be honest but a win isn't beyond us. Kean is learning on the job. Not ideal in any case but that is the situation. We needed change and now it's arrived. Its horrible to see the team do badly but the abuse that certain individuals are recieving is pathetic. Im embarressed to see Andrews in our team but I'm more ashamed that there are Rovers fans that boo him. We win today and we could go 10th. Lets not lose the plot.

Thats the spirit.

Sickened by the attitude of some on here.

Heading off in a couple of hours. I'd take a draw to be honest but a win isn't beyond us. Kean is learning on the job. Not ideal in any case but that is the situation. We needed change and now it's arrived. Its horrible to see the team do badly but the abuse that certain individuals are recieving is pathetic. Im embarressed to see Andrews in our team but I'm more ashamed that there are Rovers fans that boo him. We win today and we could go 10th. Lets not lose the plot.

Desperately trying to agree with you Morten but the fact is that there is overwhelming evidence that Kean needs his marching orders as soon as possible. You cannot learn on the job when you are representing the future of a Premier League football club.

BPF - of course it is unlikely, but is there any possibility there would be movement on this front before the Fulham match? Would certainly be unorthodox, but Venkys don't seem the type to follow any forms of protocol...

I keep hearing stories about Mrs D being on a plane but I very much doubt any action would take place before the game.

Blimey guys even Venky's wouldn't be as stupid as to sack the Manager a few hours before the match.

I just hope the players give one hell of a performance regardless if their behind SK or not. Otherwise the thousand or so Rovers fans, myself included, needn't bother today. That's what worries me about these JA stories.

Fear not. I've bet on us to lose today. Last time I did that we spanked Liverpool!

My only ever Premier League away victory was the 2-1 at Fulham a couple of years back in the game rescheduled after it had been frozen off. We came back from 1-0 down when all seemed lost and it made our league position look much more safe.

I'm hoping for the same again today. Yes - we haven't won from conceding the first goal all season and Fulham's form is much better than ours. But this is football folks, if Blackpool can do the double over Liverpool, then surely we can get at least a point from Fulham?!

Fulham 1-2 Rovers

Dempsey Samba, Rochina

In my view, there could not be very many more difficult fixtures than today and that is all down to the Hughes' factor.

You do not want to face a focussed, determined and fiery Hughes.

Hughes sees Fulham only as a stepping stone - read his comments over the months talking about 'the current job'. He will want Fulham to have a 'barn storming' finish to the season in order to put his name at the forefront for opportunities that will inevitably arise in coming months . Not only that, he has great respect for JW, Sam and the Rovers generally. There's no doubt that he will be seriously p1ssed-off with what has happened to JW, Sam and the Rovers generally and he will be busting a gut to put one over on Venkys and Kean whom I suspect he has no time for whatsoever and probably detests (remember what happened to him at City).

As Hughes always did, he will have targetted this as a distinctly 'winnable' match and as such, unfortunately, I believe that Fulham will be far too hot for us today.

In my view, there could not be very many more difficult fixtures than today and that is all down to the Hughes' factor.

Hughes sees Fulham only as a stepping stone - read his comments over the months talking about 'the current job'. He will want Fulham to have a 'barn storming' finish to the season in order to put his name at the forefront for opportunities that will inevitably arise in coming months . Not only that, he has great respect for JW, Sam and the Rovers generally. There's no doubt that he will be seriously p1ssed-off with what has happened to JW, Sam and the Rovers generally and he will be busting a gut to put one over on Venkys and Kean whom I suspect he has no time for whatsoever and probably detests (remember what happened to him at City).

As Hughes always did, he will have targetted this as a distinctly 'winnable' match and as such, unfortunately, I believe that Fulham will be far too hot for us today.

An interesting theory which I think is unfortunately very much true and today could see a painful result. I hope I'm very wrong though. Could you imagine the messageboard reaction if we won like 5-0..?

I see your point but think that fans put a lot of this "emotion" onto fixtures like this. Seeing as though Fulham have the same number of points as us, Hughes's motivation is undoubtedly that he wants Fulham to pull clear of the relegation zone. I bet he'd love Fulham to beat Manchester City after they fired him, but I'm not sure our new ownership and the treatment of long standing staff makes any difference to him. After all, he did leave us primarily because the club didn't financially back him, and maybe he's relieved that he wasn't our manager when the takeover happened!

• Backroom

I find it quite depressing that I'm not even worried about this game because I've already pretty much wrote it off in my mind, then again most away games have been the same in the last couple of years.

One thing is for sure, don't win today and Blackpool is beyond vital

Just said on SSN it's Clattenberg, almost guaranteed he'll send someone off today after last weeks Rooney incident

A point's not disastrous for me today, on the basis that we win our next home game at least. We definitely need to win one of the two.

In the context of the table a point would be a good outcome today. In the context of where the club is at, it might be fatally indecisive.

I think we'll lose or just scrape a draw after Fulham hit the post 120 times. With all the bad news circulating on the other threads, I'm mentally preparing for relegation and maybe even administration. I really do believe we're only going to be saved by other teams being kind and taking the bullet for us.

• Backroom

I'm starting to feel today may be Keans 'Wigan away'

I imagine there are some thinking a bad performance and a loss would ultimately be good for the club.

I honestly think the worst thing that could happen today is a narrow loss due to a bad decision or similar, confidence would stay rock bottom and Kean would still have a job.

I just want a win, if we can scrape a win I'd expect any manager to get 5 more points in the remaining games

Cannot see how we can turn around the mess in 1 week.

If 17 is playing again today then the next home game will be attended by such an angry mob the result will be irrelevant.

I forsee a better performance, but going a goal down after 30 mins.

Another Fulham goal after 65 minutes will finish us off despite us raising hopes with a 84th minute Samba goal.

Fulham scorers, Dempsey (2)

Archived