BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] where will rovers finish in the league this season

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current squad faces a season long relegation battle. If we sign 5-6 quality players could be 8-10. For me the more likely scenario is another relegation battle.

• Backroom

Current squad 17th or 18th unless Formica and Rochina become acclimatised to the league and become major players.

The likes of Swansea and Norwich should drop but you never know as Blackpool nearly scraped through last season.

There's no need to worry. Kean has delivered on his promise. I have just looked at the current league table. We are already in a Champions League place just behind Arsenal and Aston Villa and ahead of Bolton and Chelsea.

Those last 4 games were promising, if thats a sign Kean is genuinely getting his act together as opposed to a fluke run then things might not be too bad. However even then without any new signings we'll struggle to finish above 15th again. If Venkys actually deliver on this £20-25m they've promised (Jones plus £5-10m) then mid-table should be possible.

good to see there are some realists on here. My prediction is 15th at best and at worst, well bottom. Dont underestimate the teams that have come up either, i think the like of norwich and qpr are a more stable bet to do better than blackpool, more money too i think. I really fear for us this season, doesnt seem as though the owners are clued up enough about the realities that we could end up relegated with this squad. With one or two purchased, it wont make a difference, we need at least 5 or 6 quality additions for there to be any significant improvement to our squad. Alot will rest on samba's and robinsons' shoulders, a sobering thought when you consider our defence is our only strongish point in the team. Cant see kean working mircacles either, we had a 'decent' end to the season of which i think it was only 2 victories (might be wrong) and god know's how many draws, so people counting on that might want to look at it again in the cold light of day. First 10 games will probably shape our season, a bad start, and with this squad, thats a real posibility and we will have a long hard season ahead. Need a proven striker, one which wont come cheap otherwise it will be same old, same old. My prediction is 17th, just avoiding relegation because there are possibly 3 worse teams, possibly.

Archived