BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 11/12

Stuart

I will bump up this threwad again.

Watching a bore draw; Chelsea - Benfica. What makes it worse is Gary Neville. I rarely hear him commentate over here. He isn't very good.

He's much better as a studio pundit. Puts Shearer, Lawro et al to shame.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Neville talks a lot of sense like ray Wilkins but like ray it doesnt translate well to commentary.

Wonder if we really were after witsel or it was nicko talk

Agreed. Watched him go through analysis before Monday Night Football last night. In less than a season he's using the technology in an interesting and engaging way, and saying interesting things articulately. It's embarrassing how little Hansen earns his money by comparison.

I have never seen him in studio. His voice isn't suited for commentating though. I can't quite put my finger on why though. We get crazy eyes Warren Barton, plus some Irish chump they found on the streets of LA.

Anyway, Chelsea looking good for advancement. Benfica offered nothing and won't in London either. Madrid through too. Mourinho will make sure of it at home.

Can anyone stop Barca ?

Theyre in the San Siro tonight.

2 very close games from the group stages, but milan are missing their best defender and possibly the worlds best centre back, Thiago Silva.

If Ibra fancies it then milan have a real chance.

v+ ing the game - as i'll be at t'turf!

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe Terry's excuse. He owes his team mates big time.

Unfortunately for us all the yellows means we will face a pretty strong chelsea team on the last day of the season. Think we would have seen terry ivanovic and Mereiles all rested but none of them can play in the final so would imagine they'll all play against us.

Can't believe Terry's excuse. He owes his team mates big time.

Unfortunately for us all the yellows means we will face a pretty strong chelsea team on the last day of the season. Think we would have seen terry ivanovic and Mereiles all rested but none of them can play in the final so would imagine they'll all play against us.

They're not the players Im worried about. Drogba/Mata/Lampard/Cole will be rested and that's not a bad thing.

• Backroom

Amidst all the horror of what we are going through tonight reminded my why I love football.

It was like Hughes Rovers team, less skill full than the opposition but work twice as hard and anything is possible.

Superb by Chelsea apart from the Thug/ scambag that is John Terry.

Hope whoever the England manager for the Euro's is has taken note of his stupid/ rash decision and doesnt take him to the Euros.

Chelsea were fantastic, didnt worry about Barca's hounding of the ref, or constant falling over. Loved the crunching challenge by Lampard on Fabreglass and also loved how once again Messi did very little when actually paid some attention.

you can say what you want about terry's personal character but theres no doubt that he is a world class defender who is there when it counts, not taking him would be cutting off your nose to spite your face, i would be alot happier with terry at the heart of england's defence come june than not.

you can say what you want about terry's personal character but theres no doubt that he is a world class defender who is there when it counts, not taking him would be cutting off your nose to spite your face, i would be alot happier with terry at the heart of england's defence come june than not.

no use to anyone when he's getting himself sent off for no good reason like tonight though.

I knew it was over as soon as Ramires scored that absolute pearler, I even told my brother Messi would miss the penalty.

Barcelona were undone by a lack of a plan B or a change of pace. They have some fantastic players but the old tactic of 'parking the bus' (really quite necessary given Terry's sending off) has scuppered them again. That said, Messi missed at least two gilt-edged chances and a penalty. No excuse really. In Steve Kean's mind at least they're in the final.

No he's not. He is too slow, and turns like the QE2. He is a big strong lad, who can head, tackle, with decent distribution, and can score a goal.

He is an odious sod though. I hope CHelsea win it and he won't be there to lift the trophy. So fitting after it was his fluff that cost tehm the last one.

As for the incident at hand, he decided to knee Sanchez up the backside.

Archived