BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochina Potty Mouth

Because it's a deliberately negative collective term for a group of footballers who could not be more different to one another. Add to that it doesnt actually mean anything and bases it's negativity purely on the fact that they aren't from this country.

Maybe it's just me, but judging each player individually, whether they be foreign or domestic in origin, seems like by far the most appropriate way forward.

Talk about being over sensitive. You must have a different definition of 'negative' to the rest of society. It's a perfectly valid generalisation for overseas footballers and employing a touch of humour in the process. T4E it seems that you are a bona fide paid up member of the thought police. Good so whilst you seek to judge me purely on your own standards maybe you would like to stop being picky and take up your cudgel against this lot too.....

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&cp=17&gs_id=1v&xhr=t&q=carlos+kickaball&pf=p&sclient=psy-

ab&site=&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=carlosd+kickaball&aq=0sx&aqi=g-sx2&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=37de556875a3843d&biw=1195&bih=523

Now lets get on and discuss valid issues.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Can't find the Rochina thread so used this.

Amidst all the doom and gloom this season I'm really excited about Rochina, the guy is just class but needs some guidance. He more than anyone in the squad can make stuff happen, even against shoddy opposition like Pune FC and United reserves the goals he scored were belters the way he struck the ball was something probably none of our other players are capable of.

Looking at his cup goals as well the guy can finish, I'd love to see him having a run off Yakubu up top seeing as that is his preferred position although Hoilett excels there as well.

I really think he can be special, the problem is we wont see anything close to the best of him if we go down this season.

Amidst all the doom and gloom this season I'm really excited about Rochina, the guy is just class but needs some guidance. He more than anyone in the squad can make stuff happen, even against shoddy opposition like Pune FC and United reserves the goals he scored were belters the way he struck the ball was something probably none of our other players are capable of.

Looking at his cup goals as well the guy can finish, I'd love to see him having a run off Yakubu up top seeing as that is his preferred position although Hoilett excels there as well.

I really think he can be special, the problem is we wont see anything close to the best of him if we go down this season.

If you go back through the threads, I posted back in September, he is the best striker we have at the club!!

Talk about being over sensitive. You must have a different definition of 'negative' to the rest of society. It's a perfectly valid generalisation for overseas footballers and employing a touch of humour in the process. T4E it seems that you are a bona fide paid up member of the thought police. Good so whilst you seek to judge me purely on your own standards maybe you would like to stop being picky and take up your cudgel against this lot too.....

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&cp=17&gs_id=1v&xhr=t&q=carlos+kickaball&pf=p&sclient=psy-

ab&site=&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=carlosd+kickaball&aq=0sx&aqi=g-sx2&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=37de556875a3843d&biw=1195&bih=523

Now lets get on and discuss valid issues.

I'm a paid up member of the thought police? Me?! Don't be a plonker Gord, I'm about as far away from that as you can get. The fact is it's a ridiculous term that means nothing - as for the humour in it, you must be the sort of guy who laughs at Joe Pasquale.

Technically he's alongside Hoilett Tom.

His biggest problem is that no-one knows what his position is. He isn't a winger, nor does he look to have the attributes to be a striker. He can certainly hit a ball with power and accuracy though. The obvious position is in the hole behind a lone striker, but that calls for someone very special - and he isn't that yet. It also means setting up a side to accomodate one individual, which isn't a good way to go.

He reminds me of Bentley in his loan spell here. He obviously had class, but wasn't performing for anywhere near long enough in a game and was making the wrong decisions most of the time. Bentley sorted himself out and realised what he was. Rochina needs to do the same. Football is full of technically gifted players that fell by the wayside because they never cemented down a position, let's hope Ruben doesn't go the same way.

The boy certainly has a great shot on him. I actually think he has the attributes to be a striker, even the lone striker. He just needs more experience and some decent coaching....

.... so he's screwed then

He diplayed a terific bit of skill about half way through the first half when he spun around whilst in full control of the ball and beat two players in the process. I haven't seen skill like that since the maestro that was Tugay played for us.

Can't say I'm even aware of him. Has he played in the PL or his he just for games against Pune and United reserves?

Eh? Scored a cracker earlier this season------went in like a rocket with virtually no back-lift.

You're not going to go "Whoosh" now are you? :blush:

he is big talent and im excited to see, what the future brings.

He and hoilett, with a bit mnore experience, maturity and fine tuning, would be a devastating pair of players.

Let those 2 roam a bit, with 2 defensive minded midfielders ala the 2 jones´ doing the dishes and we´d have structure, steel and creativity in the team.

We have to start playing him and Hoillet more advanced in a 4-3-3 with the Yak through the middle. Zonz, Petrovic and Vukcevic as the middle three. He's wasted playing as deep as he is.

Agree that we need to get both him and Hoilett further up but then we also need to be defensively solid so we have to commit numbers behind the ball. So neccesarily all of our players, bar the main striker, will be breaking from deep.

To get Rochina more involved I would like to see Formica dropped and Rochina to get his place supporting the striker. I think he would be much more effective than Formica in that role imo. Mauro can fight it out with Vukcevic for the right wing slot.

Robinson

Lowe Samba Givet Olsson

Nzonzi Pedersen

Vukcevic Rochina Hoilett

Yakubu

The boy certainly has a great shot on him. I actually think he has the attributes to be a striker, even the lone striker. He just needs more experience and some decent coaching....

.... so he's screwed then

i don't think you can accuse Rovers of having poor coaches. We are turnig out more young players than ever at the moment and they all look decent.

As for Rochina as a striker - his current best position is in the hole. However he could be a more "out-and-out" striker in the Van Persie mould in the long term. That is a big ask though. For a slight player to be able to take on a premiership defence on his own requires great movement and intelligence to hold up the balll without getting into physical battles.

he is big talent and im excited to see, what the future brings.

He and hoilett, with a bit mnore experience, maturity and fine tuning, would be a devastating pair of players.

Let those 2 roam a bit, with 2 defensive minded midfielders ala the 2 jones´ doing the dishes and we´d have structure, steel and creativity in the team.

Let's hope you see the future as between now and JAnuary cos that is the last you'll see of Hoilett here.

Agree that we need to get both him and Hoilett further up but then we also need to be defensively solid so we have to commit numbers behind the ball. So neccesarily all of our players, bar the main striker, will be breaking from deep.

To get Rochina more involved I would like to see Formica dropped and Rochina to get his place supporting the striker. I think he would be much more effective than Formica in that role imo. Mauro can fight it out with Vukcevic for the right wing slot.

Robinson

Lowe Samba Givet Olsson

Nzonzi Pedersen

Vukcevic Rochina Hoilett

Yakubu

Agreed about dropping Formica - it would work on another level too as it would allow us to bring Formica on late in a game if we want to keep hold of a lead and we need someone comfortable on the ball who will be able to keep it instead of it constantly being cleared and coming straight back.

Long term I would be sorely tempted to try Formica in a deep lying Tugay role (alongside the Zonz), but thats another story.

Edit: Only problem I can see with your lineup there is the more Hoilett and Vukcevic push forward the more Rochina will be expect to drop back, which is a waste of him.

i don't think you can accuse Rovers of having poor coaches. We are turnig out more young players than ever at the moment and they all look decent.

As for Rochina as a striker - his current best position is in the hole. However he could be a more "out-and-out" striker in the Van Persie mould in the long term. That is a big ask though. For a slight player to be able to take on a premiership defence on his own requires great movement and intelligence to hold up the balll without getting into physical battles.

Rochina is not too slight and has quite a bit of muscle on him, not easily knocked off the ball at all!!

Rochina is not too slight and has quite a bit of muscle on him, not easily knocked off the ball at all!!

Well Rochina is no weakling but he is hardly a target man is he? I doubt he could play back to goal against Premiership defenders. If he could that would be amazing as his link up play would be sublime I'm sure. We can live in hope!

Agreed about dropping Formica - it would work on another level too as it would allow us to bring Formica on late in a game if we want to keep hold of a lead and we need someone comfortable on the ball who will be able to keep it instead of it constantly being cleared and coming straight back.

Long term I would be sorely tempted to try Formica in a deep lying Tugay role (alongside the Zonz), but thats another story.

Edit: Only problem I can see with your lineup there is the more Hoilett and Vukcevic push forward the more Rochina will be expect to drop back, which is a waste of him.

Hmm... thinking about it maybe next Carling cup game we could give Rochina and Hoilett a go up front together? Highly uncoventional but seeing as Yak, Roberts and Goodwillie all seem glaringly deficient in different ways maybe it would be interesting? Hoilett is guaranteed to get inbehind virtually anyone and Rochina could drop off and find space? Could potentially play some beautiful football....

Robinson

Lowe Samba Givet Olsson

Formica Nzonzi Pedersen Vukcevic

Rochina Hoilett

Oooooh. That could be a team to watch....... we could always bring the Yak on if we need to get more physical.

Archived