BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Possible Protest at Spurs Game

Thousands of flyers saying "I'm in the 1%" handed out to everyone that will take one and all held up before the game would be the best, most effective and easiest idea. It will most certainly show how many people are truly against Kean.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a sorry state of affairs. We are in a serious mess.

Disagree that fancy dress would help, agree totally that the pressure on Kean and the Venky's must be maintained, heightened and forcibly rammed home.

Spoke to a long standing player / servant of the club at weekend, fans favourite, currently injured. When asked about Steve Kean, he said the man is a 'total cock' (his words) and 'extremeley arrogan't. He said he was 'universally disliked'. He would not comment further.

What a sorry state of affairs. We are in a serious mess.

Disagree that fancy dress would help, agree totally that the pressure on Kean and the Venky's must be maintained, heightened and forcibly rammed home.

Spoke to a long standing player / servant of the club at weekend, fans favourite, currently injured. When asked about Steve Kean, he said the man is a 'total cock' (his words) and 'extremeley arrogan't. He said he was 'universally disliked'. He would not comment further.

Does he need to comment further!?!? Think he's said all that needs to be said there. Fairly obvious who it is as well. KEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNNNN OOOOOOUUUUUUTTTTTTTT

Still think should be a mass foucs on him being "DELUDED" we all say it all the time, imagine he got that nickname "DELUDED STEVE KEAN", it would discredit him and in interviews, people would be aware he is talking sh1t.

Also maybe venkys might work out that they are not getting to truth.

9c349885ea17f1e1d9cf5774dcce9de6.jpg

Quality

I think the focus of next protest should be Venkys.

It is their catalogue of blunders that have got us into this mess and it is their continued ignorance/arrogance that is causing problems.

Venkys are the source of all our current troubles and actually, if you get at Venkys you will get at Kean by default (and probably make more of an impact).

When Venkys become the focus of fans and media attention they will scramble to deflect blame and minimise damage, eventually they will come to the conclusion that the best way to do this is sacking Kean.

Thousands of flyers saying "I'm in the 1%" handed out to everyone that will take one and all held up before the game would be the best, most effective and easiest idea. It will most certainly show how many people are truly against Kean.

I like this idea BUT perhaps thousands of flyers just reading "1%".

I have to say I was surprised the attention my "Kean Out" banner got... The press seemed to like the simplicity of it and is it made national TV and the sunday newspapers I can only encourage others to make simple banners reading things such as.... "Deluded" "1%" "Liar" "Time To Go" "Kean Out". Would be great as it is perfect for the Media to concentrate their attention on and will get the point across to the owners in India.

I favour the white hanky approach , if we all produce our white hanky's at kick-off and when/if the opposition score it provides a visual protest that Kean and tv camera's wont be able to ignore or dismiss

Got to say that I think banners in the ground for maximum visual impact are the way to go.

Ask yourself a question - how many times have you seen that 'Kean Out' banner picture in the papers and on the web since Sat?

Venkys won't like the bad PR and will have no option but to address our concerns.

We could, however, use some of the almost endless potential humour stemming from our owners' poultry connections.

My offering would be:

STEVE KEAN IS NO CHICKEN - HE'S A TOTAL C0CK!

I've tweeted this to Glen but I'll share with everybody - my first thought was to hold a 'red card' protest where everybody holds up a red piece of A4 paper to show they want Kean out - this would be a good visual impact if the majority of people do it, but the downside is the logisitics of it all - how do we make sure there are 20,000 pieces of A$ paper around? Get everybody to print one off at home? - it would be just too hard for a lot of our apathetic supporters (I'm thinking of my Dad when I write this...)

Yes,and 20,000 times YES!

A good idea and very visual,dont fancy the fancy dress lark Glenn...nothing to celebrate here I'm afraid.

I'm in total despair that this situation has been allowed to develop,I cannot believe the club is being ripped apart as we speak. :angry2:

• Backroom

What's the situation re banners at Ewood?

Nobody else get the feeling that come the Spurs game, if the unsackable is still at the helm and got the backing of the numpties that banners will be banned (...ahem)

Easy enough to stop people taking banners in if they see fit, I think there are rules re being fireproof but that maybe only over a certain size.

@Glen Mullan,

We need you to use your media sources now to relay the message to all fans wanting Kean out to print their own A4 sheets containing something we agree on via this thread. If we can get a message out to all the fans via TV, radio etc etc then I think the message will reach people who dont really come on here, facebook twitter etc. I for one will be printing what ever we agree to on here plus another 50 or so copies for people sat around me in the upper tier of the blackburn end.

I also have access to an A0 plotter that prints off up to 50 meters long so I could also have a nice message printed off and then stuck up on the bit that divided the top from the bottom tier and it will be in full view of the tv cameras.

If anyone has a message let me know what it is and I can get it printed off and I can try and have it up for the Spurs match

I think the best idea would be as stated originally by John Leigh, a flyer, poster of some kind that's agreed upon by a majority.

I quite like the red card idea possibly with the words "Kean Out" in White. It'll be visible to cameras, Kean and hopefully the owners.

If you could get regional media to take an interest as previous, sometime before the game to drum up additional interest it would be advantageous. The sooner the protest is agreed upon and known about, then potentially there'll be more protesters.

Not that I want to waste anyone's pre match entertainment/rituals but you could have a select few (if anyone is willing) to hand out these protest flyers pre-match to passing fans who'd like one before the game.

If anyone has a message let me know what it is and I can get it printed off and I can try and have it up for the Spurs match

While I'd love to see the "STEVE KEANS ISN'T A CHICKEN, HE'S A C0CK" used how about a banner showing his PL record as it would fit nicely on your banner. :rover:

cheap leaflets

Can we not start a fund to raise money to pay for some flyers? For 20,000 A4 size flyers it would cost around £357.95 from the above site.Then we would just need people on every turnstile to hand them out.

Something similar to the `Kean out` posters but with maybe the following instruction: "raise the posters after the players have finished their warm-ups just before the game" printed on the bottom in small letters.

I think this would be far more effective especially as all the media would already be in position and this could gain maximum exposure,even more so if we could get everybody in the riverside to hold them up as this tends to be where most of the media is facing.

I think this idea combined with the red card idea would be perfect. The thing to remember is this time there will be at least 10 times more people joining in than previous protests. The mood has shifted dramatically and the minority still supporting Kean has dwindled to virtually nothing. Most people are very angry and will join in with a protest if its a decent idea.

The key is to not make it require too much effort, to make it have the biggest impact possible and to organise it well. Glen did a cracking job with everything in the last one and was let down by lack of numbers, that won't be the case this time. I really think its something we should do, the "Kean Out" chants and vitriol will of course be directed at him throughout. But he can just dismiss that as a vocal minority, what we need is something that visually proves the vast majority are against him.

I honestly think we should drop the stuff about Kean being a liar. Although its hardly endearing it's not all that relevant here.

His shocking performance in his job is more than enough justification for his sacking, we need to concentrate on drilling that home.

Well done Glen btw - you took a lot of stick for the last protest by the fickle amongst us, glad to see you're still leading the line.

Ok seems Fancy dress was a bad idea. What is evident is more want to voice their concerns at the games, or show their concerns with Banners, posters ect

This is what is needed, a show of togetherness from the fans and all singing from the same Hymm sheet.

Unfortunatley for me I have just got home from Casualty after having it confirmed I have broke my ankle. Not great news as this will have big implications in my personal life.

However I may have the use of only one leg but I have suddenly got extra time on my hands, and I won't rest until this once great club of ours,Pulls their finger out and realises fans and results come first.

Ok seems Fancy dress was a bad idea. What is evident is more want to voice their concerns at the games, or show their concerns with Banners, posters ect

This is what is needed, a show of togetherness from the fans and all singing from the same Hymm sheet.

Unfortunatley for me I have just got home from Casualty after having it confirmed I have broke my ankle. Not great news as this will have big implications in my personal life.

However I may have the use of only one leg but I have suddenly got extra time on my hands, and I won't rest until this once great club of ours,Pulls their finger out and realises fans and results come first.

Get well soon. Kicking a Kean doll??? :rover:

Easy enough to stop people taking banners in if they see fit, I think there are rules re being fireproof but that maybe only over a certain size.

That's what I'm getting at Tom, not necessarily the safety aspect moreso the content of statement/expletive etc.

Seems strange that the V's will allow it given that, as they say they back the clown ie its defying them.

Hey you pinched my idea and got a 4 in the likes for it!! I blame Steve Kean...... :unsure::lol:

Do think the 1% is a good option as it is Keans get out clause, and we all know it is complete rubbish........

Couldn;t make the Arsenal game due to a wedding and was on the 3 peaks for City (which I imagine was less painful than the game!!!) but will be at the Spuds game ready to support the effort to gid rid. Fingers crossed Venkeys see sense well before then, but doubt it...

VENKYS!!! :angry2:

:wstu:

Archived