BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Possible Protest at Spurs Game

I also feel the fancy dress idea wouldn't convey the seriousness of the situation. I believe having as many Kean Out banners and signs around the ground as possible is the most effective way to go.

Secondly, I know that our protest is aimed squarely at Kean and his removal but I also feel that as Venkys appear to still be firmly behind him they should also be targeted with a few signs. My reasoning behind this is that it might just get them poor press in their own backyard as certain MB members have already stated that the last protest was well covered by the Asian broadcasters. I feel that something along the lines of would you trust Venkys, because I don't!

That's just my opinion, anybody wishing to expand on this idea feel free to do so. Finally I appreciate the hard work you're putting into all this Glen and I know that constantly coming up with ideas is difficult but i just feel that the likes of Oliver Holt would have field day if we showed up in fancy dress. Speaking of journalists, has anybody been in contact with Winter since the protest?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen I have to say this is not a great idea - I'm with you all the way but I'm not going near fancy dress. Two very simple points here:

In the ground I support Rovers

Secondly during a game, when the time is right, the fans will protest. We saw this on Saturday and we will see it against Spurs. It's organic, it just happens.

Another sit in would be good.

agree with Paul + lots and lots of banners. These also need to be aimed at the root cause - Venkys

I think it's a bad idea Glen. Things do not need to be organised for people to let their feelings be known. Saturday proved that with the chants of 'Kean out' echoing around the ground. You sit in the same block as me and it was pretty vocal.

It's just a shame the owners werent at the game.

I like the fancy dress idea, but not evryone will want to join in.

On top of that more banners are needed, maybe just "P28 W6" (or whatever it is) or a big "1%" banner

Maybe we could do a pozman at a pre-arranged point, without the jumping

How much is it for a plane fly-by message??

Fancy dress - with a huge banner saying "Venkys you've made us a laughing stock"

Simple and would get picked up in the media big time. Subtle way of shifting focus.

NO, the laughing stock are Kean and the Venky's, that is were the focus should be

• Backroom

I also agree that there is no need to arrange anything just let people do what comes natural.

No need for a ringleader or anything this time, people will let their feelings be known

What about making a protest away at QPR? It would be easier for you to distribute these red cards (could be with protest on it like CSKA Sofia supporters) to all the supporters in the away end. Just hand them out to everyone. I've seen this been done before.

nGYy_D_6wkJOxsw9Ay2kRw2CWkIgEDTvPEpPhioCntxQ.jpg

I also agree that there is no need to arrange anything just let people do what comes natural.

No need for a ringleader or anything this time, people will let their feelings be known

I really don't think going naked is a good idea for an number of reasons.

Maybe you have a Braveheart scene in mind, but its not realistic.

Tom, let this one go, not as bad as the fancy dress idea though.

I like the fancy dress idea, but not evryone will want to join in.

On top of that more banners are needed, maybe just "P28 W6" (or whatever it is) or a big "1%" banner

Maybe we could do a pozman at a pre-arranged point, without the jumping

How much is it for a plane fly-by message??

Cost will depend on the type of message - ''Ginger baldy with Sh1T-eating grin spouting Bullsh1t'' seeking or just a banner ;)

Great idea Glen. Peaceful protest but it's a strong visual statement.

The element of comedy in fancy dress will encourage the press to cover it as well. Fancy Dress is meant to be fun so it's an unusual way to protest!

Given Kean's comments this morning, I think we're going to be experimenting in how to protest for a while yet.....

Liking Chris' 'KEAN OUT' Avatar as well - maybe anyone who's on Facebook/Twitter could set it as their picture? Those social networking sites are more public than the forum so could attract interest from other people, including any Rovers fans that are still sitting on the fence.

I don't like it. Sorry Glen. For a start most people are self-conscious so straight away it divides the fans into 2 groups---those who dress up and those who don't. We should be united, as one.

Secondly, Venkys will be able to portray the protesters as a minority.

Thirdly, Its not a happy time and I I feel more funereal than" jokey".

The problem is the fans are not united anyway. There's so much apathy and resignation about it all. Otherwise there would've been a bigger turnout at the first protest and the sit in.

I think those protests have turned more fans against Kean tho as they realise it can't continue this way.

I suppose it's like a general election - some people turn out to vote, others stay at home.

Still think should be a mass foucs on him being "DELUDED" we all say it all the time, imagine he got that nickname "DELUDED STEVE KEAN", it would discredit him and in interviews, people would be aware he is talking sh1t.

Also maybe venkys might work out that they are not getting to truth.

9c349885ea17f1e1d9cf5774dcce9de6.jpg

Still think should be a mass foucs on him being "DELUDED" we all say it all the time, imagine he got that nickname "DELUDED STEVE KEAN", it would discredit him and in interviews, people would be a where he is talking sh1t.

Also maybe venkys might work out that they are not getting to truth.

9c349885ea17f1e1d9cf5774dcce9de6.jpg

not sure about deluded. 100% sure he is a liar though

One other thing, that I'm sure won't go down to well with some people...

I think we shouldn't be so worried about the 'impact on the players'. In my view, I support the Club, not the Team. I am a Blackburn Rovers FC fan - players come and go and if we get relegated you can be sure they will jump to another team as quick as possible (e.g. Dann joining us this summer)

With players, most of it is about money. Many of them got big, fat new contracts when Venky's arrived.....

(possibly with media clauses as no one has spoken out against Kean and it's unusual for a side to be playing this badly and have no obvious unrest in the team)

.....and have been playing worse than we've ever seen them since the takeover. What did we get? Us fans? We got a terrible new manager, a long line of poor performances, some gutless performances (Newcastle away), our best player was sold and we didn't get that big-name striker we were promised.

So in my humble opinion (for those ready to savage me at this stage) I don't care too much about the impact on the team, because I don't believe they care about me. I don't believe they care about fans digging into their pockets when they're going through the motions in the second half against City. When Samba leaves for Arsenal for a knockdown price after we've been relegated, I think the biggest emotion he'll have will be relief.

But I do think a change in management can help repair the disconnection between the team and the fans. When Hughes and Souness were in charge I felt there was a great unity in the club.

cheap leaflets

Can we not start a fund to raise money to pay for some flyers? For 20,000 A4 size flyers it would cost around £357.95 from the above site.Then we would just need people on every turnstile to hand them out.

Something similar to the `Kean out` posters but with maybe the following instruction: "raise the posters after the players have finished their warm-ups just before the game" printed on the bottom in small letters.

I think this would be far more effective especially as all the media would already be in position and this could gain maximum exposure,even more so if we could get everybody in the riverside to hold them up as this tends to be where most of the media is facing.

RE: Cost of air message fly-over

It's about £450 for and hour of flying (this includes time from and back to airfield)could be

a great idea with simply KEAN OUT and then his managerial stats. on the banner. As a banner is flown over Ewood the fans could be unified in cheering and clapping. The Westham banner at the Wigan match last season gained brilliant media coverage.

At £450 it would only need a couple of quid from us 1%; the problem would be how to collect the money and are there any legal implications of a fly-over Ewood.

Archived