BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs Tottenham Hotspur preview

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Another game, another loss. Bottom of the table.

But it's okay, cos we put in a "good" performance for once. And just to clarify, a good performance under Kean's tenure simply means we were able to compete with the other team, not that we really put them under pressure or looked like scoring.

Come on guys. We are battering them, spurs are hanging on for dear life.

The selection was good, the commitment from the players as good as anything since the Hughes era, tactics good, subs mostly good.

Kean will no doubt sprout the usual post-match positivity but for the first time I will actually tend to agree with him.

We played well, better than in any match this season. Play like this in every match and there is no way we will go down.

And yet we're still losing.

It's absolutely ridiculous to have any faith in Kean because of the occasional committed performance (key word there: performance). We still won't accumulate enough points to stay up and that's all that matters.

The selection was good, the commitment from the players as good as anything since the Hughes era, tactics good, subs mostly good.

Kean will no doubt sprout the usual post-match positivity but for the first time I will actually tend to agree with him.

We played well, better than in any match this season. Play like this in every match and there is no way we will go down.

We lost. We will continue to lose the vast majority of our games with Kean in charge.

And that's your lot - another defeat.

More goals conceded and not enough quality up front to make improved amount of possession tell. Better get used to it, long wit until the Jan transfer window.

Can't see better than a draw at Norwich and then a doing off of Chelsea putting us on 6 points from 11 games.

Sorry mate but you're wrong. The result is what counts. Kean out!

• Backroom

Just to note, people were saying the exact same thing after the Everton match (and some said it inexplicably after the Arsenal match too) ... the fact is we WON'T play like that every week.

More goals conceded and not enough quality up front to make improved amount of possession tell. Better get used to it, long wit until the Jan transfer window.

Can't see better than a draw at Norwich and then a doing off of Chelsea putting us on 6 points from 11 games.

The January transfer window when we lose Junior and Samba!

This is so strange....

Venkys and Kean has affected the way I feel about Rovers, and I dont like it!

We've just lost at home, and we are bottom at the table, apart from Bolton we've conceded most goals in the entire league. But yet I dont really feel anything. :mellow:

I want my Rovers back!

Seems I was spot on with my halftime prediction. Still....can't really fault the majority of the players as they put in a good shift today, but I can't shake the feeling that playing Roberts for 80mins cost us. The Yak showed during his short time on the pitch that he is 5 times ((if not more)) the striker Roberts is. Spurs were there for the taking - Hoilett, Olsson, N'Zonzi and (after a while) Gamst played great going forward but with no real striker we were always going to lose this one.

Now let's just hope there will be a positive outcome of this game:

- Kean gone tomorrow (please please please please.....) and a Manager put in charge of the team as soon as possible....at this point almost anyone will do

- Salgado relegated to backup for Lowe on the right back

- Roberts to be 5th choice striker behind The Yak, Formica, Rochina (who I think should be used as a forward) and Goodwillie (in that order)

The likely outcome is sadly probably the exact opposite. Kean out!

a draw at norwich ha ha ,i wish i had your faith.unsure.gif

I can't see us getting anything at Norwich even, they are playing very well and are strong at home. Can only see a defeat with Kean in charge (hopefully his last game)

Norwich have been playing brilliant football away to Man U should have at least got a point and outplayed Liverpool at Anfield in the 2nd.

Any man with any self self respect would own up and walk away. Not a chance with this idiot.

Any club with any sense at all would have admitted their mistake in appointing him and got rid. Not a chance with these idiots.

The above sentences are how I feel at the moment, no chink of light at all.

Sad days.

Archived