BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Solutions

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is seriously going to make it to the club, presuming "Sack Kean" isn't the response they are wanting, I would suggest the following to at least prevent this from becoming out of hand.

Someone needs to tell Steve Kean to stop treating every media interview like it's a job interview. Stop insulting the supporters week after week; don't shamelessly name drop, don't use rubbish excuses, don't tell us we should have won games where everyone can see we were dreadful, stop banging on about using young players, stop telling us you have "full support", stop mentioning "top ten" whilst we're adrift in the relegation zone. We're sick of it.

The likes of Tony Pulis and Mick McCarthy don't pull any punches when things are going badly, and neither the players nor the owners lose confidence in their ability. The opposite in fact; by owning up to shortcomings there is a sense that work is being done to rectify them. If you blame results on luck, referees and dew then it hardly inspires confidence that things will change.

Secondly, there has to be signs from within the club that Steve Kean isn't unsackable. Giving him a new contract in the middle of a disastrous run was like spitting in the face of the fans. All we hear is this "full support" message, regardless of the situation. It is this which has lead to some fans wanting us to lose; people feel like Venky's are looking for an excuse to keep him, rather than judging him as any other owner would.

If the protests have become personal towards Kean and, in the view of the club, over-the-top, then these are the reasons (other than the atrocious results) that have caused it.

I can't find an excellent quote Den made the other day, but the jist of it was that the fans protesting now are the very same fans that have been wonderful supporters to the club for many years. If you want to find blame then look at what has changed since supporters' attitudes started to change. If Venky's and Kean do not like what is happening in the stands on match days then they have to look directly at themselves and how they will rectify it. It's gone far beyond the point where a few good results will fix the relationship.

Seconded. The lies and bola bola must stop. We are not idiots, so stop treating us like fools.

I think venkys for the sake of the club and for themselves and their other business ventures. Need to step back a little. Forget about trying to run the club themselves from either India or UK. They must appoint a chairman who understands football.

Venkys just need to be the money men. Pay the debts and the bills. This is how much is available for transfers etc. Venkys to commit to putting in money each transfer window. Allow a representive of the board to liase with supporters - fans forum etc as has been done in the past.

Allow the chairman and the board to search out and secure sponsorship of kit and stands, corparate hospitality etc. Allow the board to do what they can to bring in money into the club. Give them the licence to hire and fire the manager. The more money coming into the club the better.

Success on the field, will bring its own rewards for both venky's and the club. Venkys will get their much craved for publicity for their other businesses (ironically even the protesting is putting their brand into the media. It may not be good publicity, but venkys are being mentioned here there and everywhere - which is what they want) Match attendence and club shop purchases would increase etc etc. Rovers would be higher up the table with a competent manager in charge, therefore placement money comes in.

If venkys did this they would eventually get fans on board. To the extent that if they wanted to pursue their venky xps over in the UK. They would maybe able to launch it and sell the stuff at ewood park and eventually other grounds etc.

I think one of the problems with venkys is, they are afraid to trust. May be this is due to the advisors they have had in the past. Once bitten, twice shy. May be because of the culture they live in. That is not intended to be offensive, as people take backhanders in most walks of life in most, if not all countries. But some areas it is more the common practise.

But a chairman - who is not a football agent - would help protest their interests as well as the clubs. They would be on a fixed wage etc.

If they want to keep Kean on, get him coaching in India. (although I would rather he had nothing whatsoever to do with the club) but would compromise here.

Its not about being peacemakers, its about having a clear vision on supporters biggest gripes, Protest will continue, but its important to understand all supporters, to understand why supporters wnt protest, to understand what gets supporters backs up, to understand what can be done to get more involved and to understand what people want to see as the end result.

If people don't know what they are protesting for or people don't understand why people are protesting you can't move forward

I suggest you also glean what is said on this thread and not just emails.

Don't understand this thread -sounds like you are capitulating.

If you are now a go between to provide answers to the 'powers that be' then they really are clueless.

What's the agenda -we will do anything constructive short of sack Kean?

We are way beyond repair here - there is no effective management structure save a fuedal, backward family feuding.

There are multiple posts all over this site that have outlined the issues.

• Backroom

For me, things have gone too far.. Venky's have made this situation by their stupid appointments and getting rid of a well established management team (yes, we all know new owners like to make changes - but these are USUALLY done for the better!)

The only thing that would bring me round again is for Venky's to sell up and move on - and Kean being replaced by the new owners!

I trust not a word that comes from Kean/Venky's, they have not kept one promise made when they acquired the club.. and have subsequently made more promises that have not been fulfilled.

What makes anyone think they would honour any agreement reached with the supporters!

Don't understand this thread -sounds like you are capitulating.

If you are now a go between to provide answers to the 'powers that be' then they really are clueless.

What's the agenda -we will do anything constructive short of sack Kean?

We are way beyond repair here - there is no effective management structure save a fuedal, backward family feuding.

There are multiple posts all over this site that have outlined the issues.

Quite the opposite, the only way you get answers to the question so many of us have is by asking them, To date an opportunity to answer them has not happened, and no-one is publically coming out of the club to answer the. So you end up with a vicious circle and no progress.

A group of supporters had an interim meeting with the club on the 2nd November, this is the progression, the next step through the communication chain. You can't just pick the phone up and ask for the man in charge cos can't see that approach working.

If members of the board are willing to discuss supporters concerns it would be stupid to turn that down, as without speaking to them, you will have no chance of speaking to Venkys advisors and Venkys.

The club are fully aware that supporters want Kean out, they see it at every match, As supporters we will all have things that cheese us off, its about those issue's being raised, answered and actions..... Without ACTION words are cheap, and far too long all we have heard is words.

The club are under no illusions that Simon and I will continue to organise protest until we see action, this is not a cop out or a backwards step, its a forward step.

People complain they won't communcite and when the chance comes to communicate, people are still complaining,

If you wish for no communcation, no answers , what is it you want? and How will that be achieved by not talking?

What are your concerns?

On the field:

- Why are Rovers persisting with a manager who will relegate the club? Will the club come out with reasons why he is still in the job for us fans who find the decision completely insane?

- Concerned about the quality of coaching at the club. Players don't look as fit as they should be, several players suffering or have suffered from hamstring injuries at the same time (sometimes an indicator of poor fitness levels/coaching). The lack of clean sheets is also a major concern.

Off the field:

- Not happy with the comments the manager makes during the week and after games. One could argue that he deliberately sets out to antagonise the fans and cause fractures within the supporting community.

- Concerns about the level of debt at the club, with relegation looking certain I fear for the long term future of the club.

- Because the club is being run from Pune I fear that the club is failing to react to emerging situations quickly enough. The executives at Rovers appear to have no autonomy or power whatsoever when it comes to making short-term decisions.

- Major concerns about the transfer window in January. Rovers need investment in January but with the talk of the debts the club has I fear that the only way money wil be invested is if key players are sold. The poor level of performance on the field also could have a major impact on the transfer front and getting in suitable players.

What questions do you feel need asking, but importantly require answers for you to feel that you are informed?

- Why is the manager still in a job?

- Do the owners know the financial repercussions of relegation and if so what are they doing to prevent it?

- Is the club going to continue to be run from Pune or will the club install a Chairman/Chairwoman with a great deal of autonomy to make key decisions and react to situations as they unfold?

- If Rovers are relegated are Venky's going to provide funds and make managerial decisions in order to try and get straight back up?

What needs to be done bar the Sacking of Steve Kean for you to feel more comfortable with the situation at Rovers?

In my view you can't fully fix the problems without the manager situation being addressed. If Venky's fixed the off the field concerns that I and many others have listed then that would be good, but if Kean stays then the 'on the field' issues remain.

Who do you think we should be talking to and getting the answers from?

With the club being run from Pune and the executives having no power whatsoever then the owners are the only people who can provide the answers.

What is beneficial to all supporters for a way forward?

Because the owners and manager have split the fanbase and continue to do so then I can't see any universal way forward. Venky's have to get their finger out and address the on the field and off the field concerns that the fans have.

At what point do we say, "We have asked the questions , we have got the answers and now we move on"?

Difficult to say as there are so many questions to be asked. I would guess that the majority would drop their interest in asking questions if the manager is replaced and our form on the pitch turns around. But then there is all the off the field questions that need answers. Overall there is just so much wrong at the club right now I don't see an end in sight.

What sort if meetings need to take place? Do you think meetings should be done in person, over the phone, via email and do you think any such meeting should be minuted?

As it currently stands unless the meetings are attended by those who are the decision makers (owners) then meetings with anyone else who is employed by Rovers seems utterly pointless. The appointment of a Chairman/Chairwoman might change that.

What can the board of directors do to help you?

Nothing. They are powerless and have no say whatsoever.

This x100.

As some of you may or may not be aware Simon and I have been interacting with the club now for three months, Initially these were surrounding protest, and health and safety etc.

I do not like this divide, wedge or whatever we care to call it which has happened amongst supporters. We could sit here and debate that until the end of time and get nowhere and therefore IMO is non-procuctive.

When people protest they are usually protesting about something and its this root which needs addressing for anything to move forwards. I am pleased to say we have engaged in conversations with the club for a way forward. However I'm asking ALL our supporters, it does not matter what you think about protest or about the people who have protested, the wrongs and rights will never find a common ground as wounds are always re-opened as football is a passionate game with so many opinions.

The question i'm asking is what needs to be done for all protest to cease, and for us to move forward as a fan base and club?

What are your concerns?

What questions do you feel need asking, but importantly require answers for you to feel that you are informed?

What needs to be done bar the Sacking of Steve Kean for you to feel more comfortable with the situation at Rovers?

At what point do we say, "We have asked the questions , we have got the answers and now we move on"?

What sort if meetings need to take place? Do you think meetings should be done in person, over the phone, via email and do you think any such meeting should be minuted?

What can the board of directors do to help you?

There is many questions and many concerns but we need to now be looking at solutions, as this stand off has gone on for three months and I don't think anyone can honestly say they want this stand off to continue, Please put your thoughts in this thread and please email me at.

My own personal thoughts are any meeting should have people attending from all divisions of the supporters and these people should be chosen democratically by the supporters. Not all supporters are members of this site, or any other site, not all supporters use the internet and not all supporters buy newspapers. However all supporters have an opinion.

Once we get down on paper what people's concerns are then things can move forward, The club does want to engage in talks, however I believe it has to be done the right way and benefit all.

glenmullan@btinternet.com.

They can't do anything now other than sack Steve kean. I have told rovers via letter that I won't be renewing next season if kean is in charge. I will be standing by that, even should we win every game till the end if the season.

They can't do anything now other than sack Steve kean. I have told rovers via letter that I won't be renewing next season if kean is in charge. I will be standing by that, even should we win every game till the end if the season.

I think this is the chief problem - the one thing that would immediately change the atmosphere round the ground is the one thing there is no point in asking for because for whatever reason it is the one thing they stubbornly refuse to do and that is sack Kean and bring in a competent replacement. Until that happens everything else that anyone might offer, short of the Raos selling the club to a better owner, will be doomed to failure. They can communicate all they want, promise what they want but nobody trusts them and Kean's continued reign as Rovers manager is a constant reminder of all that is wrong with their ownership.

Venkys----either run the club ie be here or get good people in who can run it and to whom Kean is responsible or get out.

As for Kean's sacking spontaneous outbreaks will occur more often and more intensively as it becomes clearer and clearer to even the dimmest about the direction he is taking us. Just keep wearing the yellow and black and respond accordingly.

The question i'm asking is what needs to be done for all protest to cease, and for us to move forward as a fan base and club?

SACK STEVE KEAN

I'm sorry Glen but there are no 'bars' about it,Kean needs to be removed asap..what have we been protesting about? :unsure:

Appoint a new manager and unite ALL fans together fully behind the new man and team for the second half of season...then we

'might' stand a chance

The only way to do this is minute a fans thoughts from last weeks high to the normal BS twitter and Facebook nonsense till the after the next loss.

The owners are freaking useless and dont want to communicate with fans, it seems the common fan is beneath them and everything that should be done is'nt being done and it will only end up with relegation ( lets face it no-one deserves to lose 50 milion more than these clowns) It was only a year ago that these clowns booted everyone out of the club that had safeguarded our club from the very thing that these idiots are about to give us, all this they have learned from 2 games of football, way more than fans of more than 30 years !

They wont give the club the proper structure it needs and have no interest in appeasing the fans, they think thy have to make all the decisions and they hire an agent to advise them and they make decisions based on one result (mr's Desai after Swansea match)

They dont run the club Professionaly they run it with heart and for people that have no clue about football they are making all the wrong decisions, they wont change until we go down and then it will be too late, but I guess they will have to learn that.

So sacking Keans off the table and they want fans to propose ways to move forward?

First and foremost I don't see that happening so feel it's all a mute point as Kean is what MUST change for a move forward to take place.

Anyway as for alternative ways forward I have only one proposal and feel that it would remove all issues:

Call back the Qatarians???? ask them to take you to their leader and say 'Mesa sorry, but wesa changing our minds and wesa wanting to be selling now'

In my opinion there should be no dialogue unless you can meet with somebody who actually has some clout and makes the big decisions. That doesn't mean no marks like Paul Hunt or John Newsham but one of the Raos themselves. So far all we have had is lip service and being fobbed off by these people. For me that is the way forward. Also whatever is said needs minuting and putting out to all Rovers fans. I don't go along with this confidential stuff, if it is talked about in any meeting with the fans than it should be published for all to see.

The real threat to the club isn't now but next season because lots of fans will vote with their feet irrespective of what league we are in. Perhaps if Rovers contacted existing season ticket holders and asked them if they are buying one next season they will be surprised, some short sharp shock treatment for them.

In my opinion there should be no dialogue unless you can meet with somebody who actually has some clout and makes the big decisions. That doesn't mean no marks like Paul Hunt or John Newsham but one of the Raos themselves. So far all we have had is lip service and being fobbed off by these people. For me that is the way forward. Also whatever is said needs minuting and putting out to all Rovers fans. I don't go along with this confidential stuff, if it is talked about in any meeting with the fans than it should be published for all to see.

The real threat to the club isn't now but next season because lots of fans will vote with their feet irrespective of what league we are in. Perhaps if Rovers contacted existing season ticket holders and asked them if they are buying one next season they will be surprised, some short sharp shock treatment for them.

Especially if they put in an "if you will not be renewing explain your reasons" box - that way they couldn't say the Kean out thing is just a minority of fans who frequent messageboards, but of course that is why they will not do it.

If this is seriously going to make it to the club, presuming "Sack Kean" isn't the response they are wanting, I would suggest the following to at least prevent this from becoming out of hand.

Someone needs to tell Steve Kean to stop treating every media interview like it's a job interview. Stop insulting the supporters week after week; don't shamelessly name drop, don't use rubbish excuses, don't tell us we should have won games where everyone can see we were dreadful, stop banging on about using young players, stop telling us you have "full support", stop mentioning "top ten" whilst we're adrift in the relegation zone. We're sick of it.

The likes of Tony Pulis and Mick McCarthy don't pull any punches when things are going badly, and neither the players nor the owners lose confidence in their ability. The opposite in fact; by owning up to shortcomings there is a sense that work is being done to rectify them. If you blame results on luck, referees and dew then it hardly inspires confidence that things will change.

Secondly, there has to be signs from within the club that Steve Kean isn't unsackable. Giving him a new contract in the middle of a disastrous run was like spitting in the face of the fans. All we hear is this "full support" message, regardless of the situation. It is this which has lead to some fans wanting us to lose; people feel like Venky's are looking for an excuse to keep him, rather than judging him as any other owner would.

If the protests have become personal towards Kean and, in the view of the club, over-the-top, then these are the reasons (other than the atrocious results) that have caused it.

I can't find an excellent quote Den made the other day, but the jist of it was that the fans protesting now are the very same fans that have been wonderful supporters to the club for many years. If you want to find blame then look at what has changed since supporters' attitudes started to change. If Venky's and Kean do not like what is happening in the stands on match days then they have to look directly at themselves and how they will rectify it. It's gone far beyond the point where a few good results will fix the relationship.

This.

Great post Lechuck

For me there is only one answer in the short term sack Steve Kean and replace him with someone vaguely competent something they failed to do when sacked Allardyce. In the long term sell the club. Nothing else will do.

What are your concerns?

Relegation.

Asset stripping.

Fact have to pay bank £15 million by end of year.

Overdrafts.

Owners knowledge about football.

Managers’ knowledge about football.

Managers constantly inflammatory and deluded remarks.

Club treating fans with utter contempt (arguably our biggest issue).

Day to day Venky involvement in the club.

Kean answerable to board or not.

Jerome Anderson.

No experienced Chairman or CEO.

Getting time off work for champions league next season.

Above

Stop the lies and bad PR. Even appoint a PR man if one already there sack him as well.

Owners. No one else.

Appoint a credible manager, chairman and ceo with a view to selling club with first serious bid.

Once we see results and more importantly proper structure in the club.

In person and the minutes published somewhere.

Just one question I would like to ask and it regards Kean, does the manager not find it embarrassing (that at any other football club, given his record, he would have been sacked long ago) that he is still employed as manager despite the teams results during his tenure?

• Backroom

To be fair, although I myself have called Kean an idiot in the past... managerial ability aside I don't think he's stupid at all. he's a very cunning and devious man who knew how to get a job he clearly wasn't qualified for and knows exactly what he needs to do to stay in it despite failing horrendously for an entire year.

What are your concerns?

Relegation.

Asset stripping.

Fact have to pay bank £15 million by end of year.

Overdrafts.

Owners knowledge about football.

Managers’ knowledge about football.

Managers constantly inflammatory and deluded remarks.

Club treating fans with utter contempt (arguably our biggest issue).

Day to day Venky involvement in the club.

Kean answerable to board or not.

Jerome Anderson.

No experienced Chairman or CEO.

Getting time off work for champions league next season.

This.

Who does the buck stop with? WHO IS IN CHARGE?

Previously we had John Williams who did an admirable job of liasing between the manager and The Trust (who let him "get on with it" i.e. the football side of things). Before then we had Jack Walker, before then we had Rob Coar and before then Bill Fox. They ran the show, along with a Board of Directors, from Ewood Park.

Now we have a manager who has to get on a plane to Pune and meet with four people who have no knowledge of football.

How on earth that can that work? We have a manager with no previous managerial experience and an appalling results record reporting to Venkys Chickens who have no football experience. In India. Every four weeks or so. How and why do they believe that this can be a successful model?

Archived