BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Conversation With Paul Hunt

There's a big difference between saying they want to communicate better and actually doing so.

Until we see something tangible given to the fans pubically (not just an ad hoc phonecall) then I believe Hunt is just humouring us.

I take it that Paul Hunt didn't pass on your concerns to any of the owners? No wonder they get 'shocked' like at Wigan, being constantly sheltered from reality.

Well I can only hope that he will. The reasoning behind this conversation was that I feel the club owes the fans who attended the Cardiff game a refund BUT the worrying thing is that there doesn't seem to be anyone with enough control on a day to day basis to make such a decision... Hence the reason why I pressed so much about JW. PAUL COULD DO THIS JOB but for someone reason he is not been given that opportunity which prompted my question: " had the position in mind for themselves". I genuinely think that one of the owners had the intention to take over as CEO but then decided not to do so which leads me to suspect that they are neglecting the club and it's fans.... Like an old toy they don't want to play with anymore.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, spoke to him last night to inform him that the article was due to be posted today. He is fully aware and told me he was interested to see how it was going to be received.

Well, if he is reading this, then I would say that it's patently obvious that the club can't possibly function at anything like the required level, under the current structure.

So Mr Hunt, I reckon you have two options. Get Venky's to understand that they can't run the club they way they are, or go find yourself a proper football club to work for. I suggest the second option.

Published: Thursday, 8 December 2011

A Conversation With Paul Hunt

by Neal

[ I asked for clarification as to who made up our current board and, from what I could gather, it is made up of himself, Vineeth Rao, Simon Hunt and Karen Silk, although the official website suggests there may be more members on the board of directors than discussed.

Isn't Bob Coar still a Director?

I expect the only reason that PH is still with the club is the salary every month.

Nice guy but no power, no influence and effectively castrated in his non role. He must be really naffed off at having to phone up and write to numerous very pi$$ed off fans.

The BRFC ship is sinking fast!

Isn't Bob Coar still a Director?

None exec these days I believe.. took a back seat before the arrival of Venkys.

Shame really very respected chap in the footballing world.

Amazing how they feel we can run the club without a CEO and Chairman.. the chairman is such an important role in running a football club as there are so many high level communications regarding players etc.

Overall no wonder it is a shambles at the top.

Very scary if we are awaiting Balajis son coming of age.. just how old is he now? Anyone know? Given Balajos age however old he is it will make him the youngest ever chairman in the premier league and he will won't hold any clout in the footballing world.. a chairman should be someone with experience who commands respect and someone who has to make extremely important decisions.

• Backroom

What makes you say that? Also, I very much doubt they care enough about our club to read this message board.

They definitely do read the board

Well if they do read it then hopefully they realise how desperately many of us want them to sell up and stroll on or at the very least start running Rovers as a proper football club and not some Mickey Mouse parade.

But anyway, interesting conversation, thanks to Neal and Paul Hunt for allowing it to be posted.

It's one of those conversations which you read and find interesting then when you really look back it doesn't tell you a great deal. Paul is obviously extremely restricted on what information he is allowed to give but does seem to give out the vibe that he himself cares about the fans.

The clear message seems to be that there will be no chairman appointed anytime soon and any board members who are not also owners of the club seem to have very little power or influence over decision making, but then that's something most of us realised a while ago.

I'd suggest Paul Hunt's job title needs changing based on the defnition of deputy. How can he be a deputy if there is no superior?

Then again I guess it does make some sense, most clubs don't operate without a manager either.

How can you have a Board of Directors without a chairman? It's a contradiction in terms. Shows what a farce the whole situation is. This bloke seems to be in an impossible situation as he must realise what a shambles he is being left to carry the can for and won't want to become the public face of it.

Paul Hunt is not responsible for the disfunctional structure of the club. Sounds a decent chap. He must feel like he is rearranging the

deck chairs on the Titanic!

Venkys are running the club like some spoilt kids play thing. Lets hope they get bored and grt rid befor we implode.

Venkys = Numpties.

I like Paul he always comes accross as a good bloke when I have spoke with him. I do feel he is in an awkward situation though and wonder if sometimes he feels almost powerless to a degree.

He is the man that should be our JW now, ie the figurehead, but if he isn't allowed to make the decisions then he has a very hard task.

I only heard Him talk on the radio and what in says in written articles. He does come accross really well and should be appoint Chairman of BRFC!!! I only think he did really well to talk to Neal about his concerns and questions. At least somebody is trying to communicate with fans and interactive with them. The problem is the owners need to trust Paul Hunt to run the club himself and not have to rely everything to the owners to decide on the issues. PH should be allow to do this and he was venkys appointted so you would think they would trust him!!!

Paul Hunt is not responsible for the disfunctional structure of the club. Sounds a decent chap. He must feel like he is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!

He is on the board. He is deputy CEO. He is taking the venkys shilling. He is complicit in events at ewood. If he really is a "decent chap" that is frustated he should resign immediately. Anyone with a shred of personal integrity, let alone a desire to have some sort of future reputation in football, would quit this shambles at once. Even better if he then lifted the lid on events.

What you made of Mr. Hunt?

He is on the board. He is deputy CEO. He is taking the venkys shilling. He is complicit in events at ewood. If he really is a "decent chap" that is frustated he should resign immediately. Anyone with a shred of personal integrity, let alone a desire to have some sort of future reputation in football, would quit this shambles at once. Even better if he then lifted the lid on events.

Who can really say whats happening behind the scenes. Maybe he is a man of integrity and is trying to influence change behind the scenes.

All venting of spleens should be directed at the Organ Grinders.....

• Moderation Lead

Though I do agree with the above obviously :rover:

It's clear that Mr Hunt is powerless and wants to sort the situation out, but he's being hindered by Venky's and their appalling decisions and structure they've put in place at BRFC.

Abysmal.

Who can really say whats happening behind the scenes. Maybe he is a man of integrity and is trying to influence change behind the scenes.

All venting of spleens should be directed at the Organ Grinders.....

errm no I totally disagree!

Venkys are ultimately culpable but that doesn't excuse others like Paul Hunt who are being paid quite handsomely to play this boardroom charade. Frustrated deputy CEO? I'd believe it if he was doing the job for nowt but he's not. He's getting a six-figure salary and it's obviously more important to him than personal integrity.

btw have you seen/read the golden compass? the monkey-daemon was certainly no innocent slave of organ-grinder coulter! nasty-nasty the pair of them.

The dastardly bástarde. Doing his job for a wage? Oh the humanity!

Sometimes the conditions aren't ideal and you just have to get on with your job regardless. This isn't a moral issue (unless I've missed something and either way, I haven't read anything here about sweat shops and kit manufacturers...).

And Neal, fair play on getting the interview and thanks for posting it on here. But why on earth should fans get a refund? Are United fans asking for one after getting beaten by Palace (13th in Championship)? So why should we get one after being beaten by Cardiff (3rd in Championship). I know lots of people here hate Kean and his choice of words when he said we forfeited the game was poor (not least as I don't like to demean the play of our opponents) but he did put out a side that he wanted to win. I just don't see where you're coming from on that?

Archived