BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview - 26th December

colin

Its horrible to think - I want Rovers to win every match they play in - but not certain I can stand much more of Kean.

The biggest shame - given the injury situation - he will have a just case for the defence (or lack of it). This will probably mean that after two big losses to Liverpool and United he will still be in a job (even though it is likely we would have lost them with a fully fit squad under Kean anyway).

As with lots of other fans - with each passing day I am getting to the point I don't care. I have already had discussions with friends about Championship season tickets - even at current prices, I don't think I will bother next year unless things drastically change.

The press keep going on about the anger of the Rovers fans - to be honest I am just enveloped with a great sadness - Jacks legacy to the club has been lost by the Trust that was supposed to protect it, our new owners that promised to protect it as part of the agreement when they took over the club - and a manager who would have been sacked by Jack weeks (if not months) ago (indeed Jack wouldn't have hired him in the first place).

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its horrible to think - I want Rovers to win every match they play in - but not certain I can stand much more of Kean.

The biggest shame - given the injury situation - he will have a just case for the defence (or lack of it). This will probably mean that after two big losses to Liverpool and United he will still be in a job (even though it is likely we would have lost them with a fully fit squad under Kean anyway).

As with lots of other fans - with each passing day I am getting to the point I don't care. I have already had discussions with friends about Championship season tickets - even at current prices, I don't think I will bother next year unless things drastically change.

The press keep going on about the anger of the Rovers fans - to be honest I am just enveloped with a great sadness - Jacks legacy to the club has been lost by the Trust that was supposed to protect it, our new owners that promised to protect it as part of the agreement when they took over the club - and a manager who would have been sacked by Jack weeks (if not months) ago (indeed Jack wouldn't have hired him in the first place).

Jack Walker would have seen through Kean within minutes.............

I can't honestly see us getting anything other than a pasting but knowing our luck Coco the Clown will pull a rabbit out of the hat (AKA just spout some more ######) and keep his job for yet another day

KEAN OUT

VENKYS OUT

I also pity the fools who are paying £40+ to go watch it...must be mad !!

Man I really can't see anything but a hammering. Liverpool have played decently this season, they've just struggled at times to create that final chance.

Of course with our defensive tactics it seems that chances come at will for the opposition, I don't see them having too many problems exposing us. At the other end they've been pretty tight at the back and considering we'll just play Yak up top on his own I don't see us causing many problems for them.

If we avoid it being 5 I'll be surprised, I just hope to see a good effort from the team and to go down fighting, both in the game and the season in general.

Having worked in Liverpool in the 60s, I usually go to this game and renew auld acquaintance; but not even I'm such a masochist as to go to this game.

Even so, my heart still wants to believe that we can pull off a shock result, probably with Carragher continuing his fine record of scoring against Liverpool [is he still the current Premier League player who's scored most against them?], even if it prolongs Baldrick's tenure of the Manager's office.

The sad news is that I'm being taken to a party in Litherland tomorrow night. I won't be the only non-Red there but I will be the only Rover. Do the words 'sacrifical' and 'lamb' convey anything?

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but what the hell has happened to Ryan Nelson? He was always a front man for the club in the media, but now nothing for months!

I think that Nelsen is suffering the consequences of being rushed back to play way back on 20 August at Aston Villa when I think it's clear, he simply cannot have been ready.

Apparently, he has had yet another setback and it's rumoured that he's been struggling to overcome this injury for some time now and, at his age, his prospects don't look great.

I wonder who will take responsibility for the decision to play him at Villa ?

I think that Nelsen is suffering the consequences of being rushed back to play way back on 20 August at Aston Villa when I think it's clear, he simply cannot have been ready.

Apparently, he has had yet another setback and it's rumoured that he's been struggling to overcome this injury for some time now and, at his age, his prospects don't look great.

I wonder who will take responsibility for the decision to play him at Villa ?

John Jensen

:D

Lawro made his pick, 2-0 Liverpool, a note on Lawro's picks, to me it seems he picks generally a bunch of 2 goal scorelines, 2-0, 2-1, something like this seems average and where a draw seems likely 1-1. He did pick I believe Chelsea do defeat Wigan 3-0 which appeared like a good pick but he does a lot of this 2 goal business and of course, usually is in favour of Liverpool. I still say Liverpool 3-1 Blackburn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16274066.stm

West Brom Man City, that one I would think City will come out on fire being rested and probably more like 1-3, 1-4 than Lawro's 1-2 line.

The problem is unfortunately, management vs. Liverpool because Norwich and Swansea were able to get draws. I think Wigan put in an inspired performance against the Reds at Anfield so see, 'Pool will be ready coming up.

Love to see a surprise.

Just wondering if there has been more arguments and people are refusing to play. I heard Robbo kicked off at half time and led the team out of the dressing room early. As a professional the only way you can do this is to be injured. Heard Robinson is a doubt at Liverpool. Makes tou wonder soesn't it.

Expect Kean to name himself soon.

Archived