BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview - 26th December

colin

Mrs Desai "business is all down to common sense". Well a look around the world of football undermines her basic mantra from the off doesn't it?

With respect to the clur's, jan, Laura, Jill etc etc and as I've said before and I'll say again.... women and football don't really belong together do they? It's like me and that Strictly come dancing. I don't understand the dances. I don't understand the moves. I cannot begin to even comprehend the need or desire to cut any rug, anywhere and at any time at all but I can (stand by for a massive euphanism) fully appreciate the ladies 'outfits'. ;) Me n strictly, wimmin and footy.... it's all a fish on a cycle jobby... just wrong.

Ah so sad Theno! .....You've obviously never known the joys of queuing right round the block for tickets for a Saturday night dancing at King Georges Hall.

Or even the much greater joys of twice weekly dancing sessions in the arms of Walter at the Park Gates Dancing Academy.:rolleyes: My mates and I once rushed back from our holiday in the IoM to get back in time for a place in the queue for King Georges, and simply went straight from the station to join the queue (bags and all). Oh happy days (sigh)!!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs Desai "business is all down to common sense". Well a look around the world of football undermines her basic mantra from the off doesn't it?

With respect to the clur's, jan, Laura, Jill etc etc and as I've said before and I'll say again.... women and football don't really belong together do they? It's like me and that Strictly come dancing. I don't understand the dances. I don't understand the moves. I cannot begin to even comprehend the need or desire to cut any rug, anywhere and at any time at all but I can (stand by for a massive euphanism) fully appreciate the ladies 'outfits'. ;) Me n strictly, wimmin and footy.... it's all a fish on a cycle jobby... just wrong.

I can't stand "Strictly come dancing" and have never watched a single whole programme of it (can't deny I've caught bits when my husband oand son have been watching it)Contrary to what you'd like to believe, the days of the woman sitting at home doing housework and saying nothing controversial are gone. We may not know much about some things but we are nowadays as entitled to our opinion as men, who have never known much about anything but have continually given their opinions anyway.

Don't fight it people.... you know I am right. :closedeyes:

Ah so sad Theno! .....You've obviously never known the joys of queuing right round the block for tickets for a Saturday night dancing at King Georges Hall.

Or even the much greater joys of twice weekly dancing sessions in the arms of Walter at the Park Gates Dancing Academy.:rolleyes:

Hells teeth Fife!! Walter's arms ??? I'd no idea that you are a bit 'light on yer feet' proper! I had you down as a proper salt of the earth type bloke. That sort of carry on was illegal in those days you know.

I'd argue that clure has forgotten more about football than you know Gordon.

And it wasnt a woman who had the ridiculous Lancashire united idea strangely enough.

I actually think Lancashire United is an excellent idea from a marketing and cachement perspective. Just keep the Red Rose (easy enough as it is Lancashire) and the name Rovers (a bit more difficult).

Don't fight it people.... you know I am right. :closedeyes:

Hells teeth Fife!! Walter's arms ??? I'd no idea that you are a bit 'light on yer feet' proper! I had you down as a proper salt of the earth type bloke. That sort of carry on was illegal in those days you know.

Oh deary me Theno......I think you have really got hold of the wrong end of the stick; but I fear I will have to move this discussion to the ICBINF thread in order to explain fully. It is quite an interesting story though!

I'd argue that clure has forgotten more about football than you know Gordon.

And it wasnt a woman who had the ridiculous Lancashire united idea strangely enough.

That's genius, Ricky, describe a woman's idea about football as "ridiculous", by way of defending women's ideas about football.

Sadly, given that Clare is probably around 100 years younger than Gordon, I think you're probably wrong with your first point as well! :P

Also, women NEVER forget anything! :lol:

That's genius, Ricky, describe a woman's idea about football as "ridiculous", by way of defending women's ideas about football.

Sadly, given that Clare is probably around 100 years younger than Gordon, I think you're probably wrong with your first point as well! :P

Also, women NEVER forget anything! :lol:

I'm sorry Jisty but that makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm sorry Jisty but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Just like the concept of town teams puching their weight in the top division without a once in a lifetime rich benefactor.

Tell me Don are you a member of the flat earth society by any chance?

Consider.....

'the only constant in life is change' Heraclitus.

and

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson

I actually think Lancashire United is an excellent idea from a marketing and cachement perspective.

Will you be coming over here to watch ? You and Gordon can start a fans' club with the two of you as the only members.

Just like the concept of town teams puching their weight in the top division without a once in a lifetime rich benefactor.

Tell me Don are you a member of the flat earth society by any chance?

Consider.....

'the only constant in life is change' Heraclitus.

and

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. Maria Robinson

I'm opposed to Lancashire United .

Is the flat earth society a gathering of golfers who struggle on the greens ?

The LU idea only makes sense from an economic one. However, because of the tribal nature of such close town football teams, it would be doomed to failure before it even got going.

I there was really any demand for such a club, forget merging existing League clubs and start a club from scratch. If Theno is right, there will be a groundswell of support from all over the county seeing them rise through the leagues AFC Wimbledon style.

Archived