BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview - 26th December

colin

Anyone who brings up Kean or Venkys this evening should be banned.

As should anyone who believes a lucky point at Liverpool means they are doing a fantastic job and we should just ignore it all. I see Kean was shaking every Liverpool players hand as they walked off - thats 11 more friends he can spout off at a the next presser. "I had the full support of the Liverpool lads after the game, the all came over to congratulate me on our result".

Great performance by the youngsters, 2 more injuries tho, we must be the most unluckiest/unfit (delete as appropiate) side in the prem.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve kean proving all his critics wrong according to commentator...

Commentators were idiots. Alternated between commenting on Rover fans booing their team (wrong) and how the muted protests were a sign of support for Kean (wrong again). On just about every level they betrayed their ignorance on what is happening to Rovers. Morons.

hoilet out. simon on

Best substitution he's made. I rate Simon.

Petrovic just took a shot and it went out...for a throw in :wacko:

I nearly crackeed open a bottle of Jack Daniel when I saw that. It's something my U10s would do.

All those knocking our young lads before the game, watch that game later again, our young players were superb.

Hanley and Henley played really well as did Lowe.

Feels like a win.

I agree with you about the performance of our young players. They did very well.

It didn't feel like a win, though. It was a lucky draw, with both goals scored by Liverpool, for which I am immensely grateful. And a win feels like three points, not one. :)

Anyone who brings up Kean or Venkys this evening should be banned.

Starting with you?

Did anyone seen what Kean was doing immediately after the match whistle? He tried to shake everyone and anyone's hand (which I would normally chalk up to good sportsmanship), only to have half of them brush by him. Gerrard and MGP were fairly blatant in their snubs.

So one result and we should forget the last 12 months and the mess we're in? :blink:

Some people are remarkably short sighted. With luck, our owners will get some cash, get Kean out and turn this squad, which has some talent, over to a manager worthy of the name.

A positive for all fans to clutch at: both Bolton & Wigan have done worse today.

Reminds me of a joke about two friends meeting a bear in the woods. One starts to run and the other says, "Are you crazy? You can't outrun a bear." The other replies, "I don't need to outrun the bear. All I need to do is outrun you!"

We're in the same situation. All we need to do is collect more points than three other teams. If we get Hughes or Curbishley, we might be able to achieve that objective.

Some great performances today - Dunn especially was playing like it was 2001. I genuinely believe that Nzonzi is a huge weakness in our team. Remember this is a player plucked from the French Third Division on the basis of his size, strength and potential - he's done nothing to enhance his reputation since he came to Rovers in my view.

I can't blame supporters for clinging onto this "win" as a sliver of light in the midst of all this darkness. Have a good night.

Commentators were idiots. Alternated between commenting on Rover fans booing their team (wrong) and how the muted protests were a sign of support for Kean (wrong again). On just about every level they betrayed their ignorance on what is happening to Rovers. Morons.

Best substitution he's made. I rate Simon.

I nearly crackeed open a bottle of Jack Daniel when I saw that. It's something my U10s would do.

I agree with you about the performance of our young players. They did very well.

It didn't feel like a win, though. It was a lucky draw, with both goals scored by Liverpool, for which I am immensely grateful. And a win feels like three points, not one. :)

Starting with you?

Did anyone seen what Kean was doing immediately after the match whistle? He tried to shake everyone and anyone's hand (which I would normally chalk up to good sportsmanship), only to have half of them brush by him. Gerrard and MGP were fairly blatant in their snubs.

Some people are remarkably short sighted. With luck, our owners will get some cash, get Kean out and turn this squad, which has some talent, over to a manager worthy of the name.

Reminds me of a joke about two friends meeting a bear in the woods. One starts to run and the other says, "Are you crazy? You can't outrun a bear." The other replies, "I don't need to outrun the bear. All I need to do is outrun you!"

We're in the same situation. All we need to do is collect more points than three other teams. If we get Hughes or Curbishley, we might be able to achieve that objective.

+1 from me on each part of that- although a tentative one on the Curbs aspect!

Good result but a bit worried about losing Hoilett and Dunn! Going be really short against Utd

thought dunn had his best game in years today. hoillet hid for most of the game.. as he has since the norwich away game.

vastly overrated in my view - if anyone is willing to pay 9m.. id snap their hands off!

An excellent point , one which was much needed and unexpected ..I will enjoy the evenings viewing with a drink or 4 to celebrate a rare point at Anfield ...But please ladies and gentlemen don't start believing the bull coming from keans mouth ..One swallow etc

We have done well today and we need to do well a lot more times before the season ends ..

"@GuillemBalague: Atmosphere great at Anfield. LFC suffer lack of quality in last third. Time4 new guys step up a gear. Blackburn? Id be very very worried"

Coming from a guy who is used to watching Barcelona and Real Madrid, no wonder he doesn't think too much of us!

Not sure anyone has mentioned it but Dunn & Hoilett seem to have done their 'hammers' again.

For that, don't expect to see Dunn until Feb., for Hoilett, it's a disaster and may well cost him his Jan. move that he possibly craves for - unfortunately, the lad does seem to have a real weakness there or, alternatively, he is not properly fit and being plunged-in before he's ready.

Some spewculation as to whether the players know that Kean is to be sacked or are they really busting a gut for him ? If rumours and whispers are to be believed, we soon might not have a senior squad with Robbo, Roberts, Sally and Nellie now, possibly, all off Kean's Christmas card list. Additionally, someone pointed out that Samba didn't seem to be part of the celebrations at the end ?

Thought Bunn was excellent today, Hanley improved again and also Henley looks like a real prospect.

If only we had a decent manager.

No one saw this result coming, credit all round.

Urgh erm. I wrote last night that I thought you'd win and was prepared to put a tenner on it.

Just hope you go a step further against the Superiority Complexes on the 31st and stuff them.

Not a bad result on paper but liverpool do struggle quite badly against the poorer teams (which we are sadly).

All keans positives results tend to be like this.

Next year in the championship we should have a team that can at least avoid a second drop in a row. That is as long as the fat head is not the manager.

Magic Morten getting a blast on here, I am guessing he meant lets praise the players for a brilliant result against the odds without polluting it by mentioning Kean or Venkys, that can wait til tomorrow, perhaps?

That is what I was getting at. Forget Venkys and Kean for today. We'll be thrashed at Old Trafford and have the rest of the next few years to complain about them so lets just enjoy Match of the Day for once.

Archived