BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview - 26th December

colin

I'm not normally someone who criticises the referees that much, as they have tough jobs - but this one has been horrific.

Every big decision has gone against us.

Having said that, the lino gave a stonewall penalty as offside (when he wasn't offside anyway) :tu:

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's funny that. Some people criticise the signings of Anderson and Ribeiro to the highest heavens yet the signings of such luminaries as Goulon and Van Heerden are conveniently forgotten/ignored. ;)

Hey, compared to the current pair of misfits, Goilon looks like the new Vieira and Van Heerden the old De Jong.

Plus those two useless squadies were on the fringes of a reasonably successful squad (by our standards) who did have the odd game (very odd). Whereas now we are in the middle of our worst defensive crisis and they can't get a look in. Tells me all I need to know.

I would say the lead is well deserved. Liverpool have had a lot of the ball but have been really poor and created next to nothing. Good defending from our youngsters and more bodies in midfield than usual is helping. Whatever happens from now hope Kean will realise that we need to play more defensive minded players to have a chance.

We have passed the ball well today and be interesting to see the possession stats but can't be far off 55-45 to Liverpool which at Anfield is exceptional for us.

Now onto the dreaded 47-48 minute... A draw will be an excellent result for us but we can't sit back in the 2nd half COYB

If the FA had any balls the appeals process would be like the RFLs - you can appeal, but if you fail you get hit by an even bigger ban. It'd stop this nonsense.

If I'm not repeating what someone else said, this in fact, is how the process is going to work, if his appeal fails, his ban will be worse.

I hope we win, not for Kean's sake but for the team Blackburn Rovers....Poor by you who want us to lose....Every game is important.

Well if the rumours are to be believed, it's a matter of when (not if) for Kean, so the more points we get until the new manager arrives, the better.

Cannot seriously believe people are on this forum laughing at the squad that has been put out, yes they are inexperienced, but they are OUR youngsters, . . .

This I agree with 100%. Our team is a bit of a young Frankenstien at the moment and needs a bit of encouragement.

I fear Kean's half time speech.

Which makes it 2 seasons on the trot he's got an OG for us in the away game!

Imagine what he'd do for us if we'd signed him last year. :rover:

Well if the rumours are to be believed, it's a matter of when (not if) for Kean, so the more points we get until the new manager arrives, the better.

Sweet. Beg, borrow or steal, get the cash and sack Kean!

Archived