BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview - 26th December

colin

All the relegation wanters kindly switch to the Steve Kean thread. That was a result I could not see, and credit where credit's due, the young lads have done us proud. This is the Liverpool match thread. We need points above anything else....can't you see that?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic Kean love-in - read the tables,

We all got these lucky results playing at School.

You pro Keans are Dust in the Wind

Jesus, cant you just enjoy the fact that we got a point from Anfield? Is that not allowed?? Does every comment on this board have to revolve around hatred towards Venky's/Kean??? All their failings are as glaringly obvious now as they were 3 hours ago, its just that its nice to be able to come away from Liverpool with a point. Although expressing that as an opinion apparently makes you 'pro Kean'

Jesus, cant you just enjoy the fact that we got a point from Anfield? Is that not allowed?? Does every comment on this board have to revolve around hatred towards Venky's/Kean??? All their failings are as glaringly obvious now as they were 3 hours ago, its just that its nice to be able to come away from Liverpool with a point. Although expressing that as an opinion apparently makes you 'pro Kean'

+1

Check the table nothing changes = it just gives Kean more time to destroy us,

And yes a 1 point was good

Plus I'm drunk

All the relegation wanters kindly switch to the Steve Kean thread. That was a result I could not see, and credit where credit's due, the young lads have done us proud. This is the Liverpool match thread. We need points above anything else....can't you see that?

WTF. 'Relegation wanters'? I believe you'll find our Indian friends are the only ones who want relegation for this club.

Not surprising, tho. Typical 'last game syndrome' on this site. Nevermind Kean's overall record or the two relegation six-pointers we surrendered the other week. Nope, one point at Anfield is AAAAAAALL that matters now.

I can see what people are saying, point was unexpected for many - however the league table says it all, you can't just ignore it plus the money problems at the club with Venkys seemingly scurrying around trying to find some money from somewhere.

Great Point today.

didn't expect to get anything from the game but the players plays for each other!!!

We could have got 3 points if Dunn or Petrovic had done better in their finishing.

Bunn was OUTSTANDING!!! Plus having Henley also save us from Defeat!!! Should also have a player on each post!!!

Rovers Till I Die!!!

No one wants the club to go down. I think I can speak for all the members of this board.

Its hard for lots of us to take positives from anything at the minute. In any kind of ordinary season this would be a great result and a great day.

This season and today it just seems hollow.

I think anyone who wants to see positives should be allowed to. I wish I could feel that way.

I can see what people are saying, point was unexpected for many - however the league table says it all, you can't just ignore it plus the money problems at the club with Venkys seemingly scurrying around trying to find some money from somewhere.

In the grand scheme of things, today is irrelevant. Venkys have ruined the club from top to bottom but that doesn't mean we shouldnt be able to enjoy a decent result and a good performance just for one evening.

WTF. 'Relegation wanters'? I believe you'll find our Indian friends are the only ones who want relegation for this club.

Not surprising, tho. Typical 'last game syndrome' on this site. Nevermind Kean's overall record or the two relegation six-pointers we surrendered the other week. Nope, one point at Anfield is AAAAAAALL that matters now.

Such a childish reaction.

No one is saying Kean is a better manager or Venkys are better owners for getting a point. They're as bad as they were at 3pm. Its just that the players turned in a very good performance and a decent result. I dont know why Im bothering because I know Im going to be labelled a Kean fan for posting anything remotely positive after a decent performance but screw it. Im not supporting Kean, just the players. Decent performance and they deserve credit.

I really cringe when we get lucky points against decent teams. People think it makes up for all of the defeats to teams we should be beating.

I mean well done today, particularly in defence/keeper, but it masks nothing.

The only person who is truly happy this evening will still be happy when he wakes up tomorrow morning. He's probably just picked up a contract bonus too.

I'm very content with this result. Unfortunately though, I was thinking, we needed a draw just to keep up with the competition, Liverpool drew Swansea and Wigan at home and Norwich there. I don't mean to bring a gloomy thought with this result, if we were in safety, I'd say it feels like a win and it does sort of. Maybe my logic is flawed. At the end of last season, I think Liverpool played pretty poor and gee, against West Brom one of their 2 goals was from a penalty where some people would say Suarez did a dive, think it was legitimate barely, I saw that.

Such a childish reaction.

lol. Childish reaction?

"Anyone who mentions Kean & Venky's should be banned"

I guess it takes one to know one.

No one is saying Kean is a better manager or Venkys are better owners for getting a point. They're as bad as they were at 3pm. Its just that the players turned in a very good performance and a decent result. I dont know why Im bothering because I know Im going to be labelled a Kean fan for posting anything remotely positive after a decent performance but screw it. Im not supporting Kean, just the players. Decent performance and they deserve credit.

To be frank, I couldn't care less what warped excuse you have for burying your head in the sand. This result means nothing to me, because Kean has proven that he's taking us down this year. If we had got results against Bolton & West Brom, MAYBE there would be some cause for hope and dare I say optimism. Kean was true to form, however, and surrendered any chance we had of staying up. So, tell me, on the face to it, what does one point at Liverpool symbolize? What possible cause is there for this ONE result to silence those who have an axe grind with the neglect of our club?

None whatsoever.

I agree, shocking results, I do not want the Venky's or Kean anywhere near Rovers, so, I presume, we probably feel the same. But, too many posters have created a 'negative comments only' mentality and I'm not gonna fall in to that. If I think it's a decent result, I'll say so. There are ample threads to be negative on, and I have posted my fair share, but, if we can't take a little sattisfaction from a draw at Anfield!!

Therefore, any poster who labels other posters as 'pro kean/venkys' just because they pass a reasonable opinion, I'm gonna label, 'relegation wanters', because they don't seem to want us to win! Applying same daft logic! We must avoid relegation at all costs or we are doomed (IMO)! So a point is possitive and our record under Kean/Venky's is completely unacceptable and replacement of both can't happen soon enough.

People should be allowed to enjoy todays result, we've not had many at Anfield over the years.

Battling performane by all accounts, tinged with more than a little luck, but a points a point so we'll take it.

I agree, shocking results, I do not want the Venky's or Kean anywhere near Rovers, so, I presume, we probably feel the same. But, too many posters have created a 'negative comments only' mentality and I'm not gonna fall in to that. If I think it's a decent result, I'll say so. There are ample threads to be negative on, and I have posted my fair share, but, if we can't take a little sattisfaction from a draw at Anfield!!

Therefore, any poster who labels other posters as 'pro kean/venkys' just because they pass a reasonable opinion, I'm gonna label, 'relegation wanters', because they don't seem to want us to win! Applying same daft logic! We must avoid relegation at all costs or we are doomed (IMO)! So a point is possitive and our record under Kean/Venky's is completely unacceptable and replacement of both can't happen soon enough.

I don't believe anyone has been labelled 'Pro Kean/Venky's' in this thread. If anything, wasn't Magicalmorten the one who started all this by saying that any 'anti Kean/Venky's' posters should be banned? He's the one who started dictating to people, not the other way around. It's moronic comments like that which I take affront to.

I'm not afraid to say that, in and of itself, today was a decent result, especially with an inexperienced back-four. But we haven't gained anything from today's result, as we threw away vital games against Bolton & West Brom. However, watch Kean take the plaudits for today's point (it's not as if we even WON), despite his horrendous record as manager.

Anybody who thought there were any good performances today really has been brainwashed. It was an abject performance all round. Some good clearances dont make a good performance. Liverpool were terrible also, glad i didn't pay to watch that ######.

A pyric victory again.

If you can't enjoy getting a draw at Anfield, then what's the point of being in this league?

Youngsters looked very good today. Robbo would have let at least 3 in and not moved a muscle for the last one

In normal circumstances I would agree with you however sadly these are not normal circumstances.

Mood enhancing result till you remember where we are and the previous results.

Delaying the inevitable but taking the match on it's own, a nice surprise.

But like many today I'm drunk, and I'm sure tomorrow I will realise we are still getting relegated under this manager.

If you can't enjoy getting a draw at Anfield, then what's the point of being in this league?

I'd trade the point away at Anfield for home wins in any of the following:

Wolves

Everton

Swansea

West Brom

Bolton

Archived