BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview - 26th December

colin

People should be allowed to enjoy todays result, we've not had many at Anfield over the years.

Battling performane by all accounts, tinged with more than a little luck, but a points a point so we'll take it.

especially as the predictions were 7-10 Nil home wins further up the thread. I feel great tonight. Can you begin to imagine what we would have felt if Liverpool had scored in the fifth minute of four minutes of injury time. Momentum and hope leading up to the United game is a good thing.

Doesnt change my thinking as far as Venkys or Steve Kean is concerned. I am sure Hoilett and Samba will be sold by the asset strippers in January and Kean may still be here as they can't afford to pay him off. Oh and who would come to the bottom club with no money and dodgy owners for a career move. Ok ,Avram Grant but who else ?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can't enjoy getting a draw at Anfield, then what's the point of being in this league?

Youngsters looked very good today. Robbo would have let at least 3 in and not moved a muscle for the last one

Come on ET! Could it be something to do with us being rock bottom, certain relegation candidates, clueless manager clueless owners, possible sale of our best players and a very tough trip to old Trafford next wkend.

I'm drunk so what's your excuse?

Superb result today. One look at the table though proves how costly losing the last three has been. Winning one of those would have kept us in touch instead of marooned at the bottom of the table.

lol. Childish reaction?

"Anyone who mentions Kean & Venky's should be banned"

I guess it takes one to know one.

To be frank, I couldn't care less what warped excuse you have for burying your head in the sand. This result means nothing to me, because Kean has proven that he's taking us down this year. If we had got results against Bolton & West Brom, MAYBE there would be some cause for hope and dare I say optimism. Kean was true to form, however, and surrendered any chance we had of staying up. So, tell me, on the face to it, what does one point at Liverpool symbolize? What possible cause is there for this ONE result to silence those who have an axe grind with the neglect of our club?

None whatsoever.

If the result means nothing to you mate then surely you are better off doing something else, if you get no enjoyment from a team consisting largely of our youth players grinding out a fantastic result at Anfield then how are you going to feel after the spanking we are going to get at OT?

I think Morten explained himself well but you have managed to twist his well intentioned post into some dig at all the Anti Kean/ Venky posters, the irony being that he himself would more than likely say he is as would most others on this board including myself!!

Just my take on things.

I'd trade the point away at Anfield for home wins in any of the following:

Wolves

Everton

Swansea

West Brom

Bolton

Obviously in our circs one would trade 1 point for 3, but we can't, so I shall enjoy us getting a draw at a world famous club. I didn't follow us home and away in the 3rd division to dream of beating Swansea. All bar Everton we played down there anyway.

Pathetic Kean love-in - read the tables,

We all got these lucky results playing at School.

You pro Keans are Dust in the Wind

didnt watch cos im ###### off and not read posts...theres a kean love in? who by? thick deluded cretins!! 1 point wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

mate txt me and said was lucky as...no ide and 40 wins in a row wont change my mind.a i hate kean and more than anything i hate venkys

Here is a situation for everyone to consider, would you accept having to sell a player and use the money generated to pay kean off?

For my self the answer is yes every day of the week.

id sell my chuffin soul to buy venkean off!!!!!!!!

We might have been lucky today but fair play to the lads they picked themselves up, worked hard and earned us a point. It was a killer not being able to cheer sat with all Liverpool fans but enjoyed it a lot all the same.

its a killer with venkys full stop

If the result means nothing to you mate then surely you are better off doing something else, if you get no enjoyment from a team consisting largely of our youth players grinding out a fantastic result at Anfield then how are you going to feel after the spanking we are going to get at OT?

This result is irrelevant, Imy. We've thrown away the points we needed to win. Normally, this result would be a pleasant bonus. Under the current circumstances, it's meaningless. Kean will continue in his usual manner and we'll drop like a stone. So... tell me again what it is I should be ecstatic about?

I think Morten explained himself well but you have managed to twist his well intentioned post into some dig at all the Anti Kean/ Venky posters, the irony being that he himself would more than likely say he is as would most others on this board including myself!!

I didn't need to twist anything. If you open with 'Anyone who mentions Kean/Venky's should be banned!' - what do you expect?

This result is irrelevant, Imy. We've thrown away the points we needed to win. Normally, this result would be a pleasant bonus. Under the current circumstances, it's meaningless. Kean will continue in his usual manner and we'll drop like a stone. So... tell me again what it is I should be ecstatic about?

I didn't need to twist anything. If you open with 'Anyone who mentions Kean/Venky's should be banned!' - what do you expect?

Why do you watch Blackburn Rovers at the moment Topman? As I said if you feel nothing when the team performs well with a group of youngsters then whats the point? I hate both Kean and Venkys but they do not come into the equation until tomorrow morning when the realisation (as always) sinks in that we are bottom of the PL. Until then I am enjoying the fact that we have drawn against one of the 'big boys' and the players played with gusto and pride.

I also think Morten forgot to put LOL at the end of his statement and thats why IMO it has been read completely the wrong way!

How anyone can "enjoy" a lucky draw today after the appalling results over the past few weeks is astonishing.

To recap, it was our first point in 12, we're rock bottom of the league and only one team in PL history has escaped from a similar position.

We're virtually relegated - and a measly point at Anfield does not make up for the stupidity of the past 12 months.

Why do you watch Blackburn Rovers at the moment Topman? As I said if you feel nothing when the team performs well with a group of youngsters then whats the point? I hate both Kean and Venkys but they do not come into the equation until tomorrow morning when the realisation (as always) sinks in that we are bottom of the PL. Until then I am enjoying the fact that we have drawn against one of the 'big boys' and the players played with gusto and pride.

I also think Morten forgot to put LOL at the end of his statement and thats why IMO it has been read completely the wrong way!

We get a lucky and totally unexpected point and Imy comes to life! Now for Old Trafford where Kean can"build" on this result eh? No--thought not.

I get no pleasure from any Rovers result these days-------lose means another nail in the coffin, win (not that we get any) means Kean is even more likely to stay, draw means both!

Its finished till Kean and Venkys have gone and till then I don't care. And you can call me what you like Imy!

How anyone can "enjoy" a lucky draw today after the appalling results over the past few weeks is astonishing.

To recap, it was our first point in 12, we're rock bottom of the league and only one team in PL history has escaped from a similar position.

We're virtually relegated - and a measly point at Anfield does not make up for the stupidity of the past 12 months.

Think you have asked questions and answered them too Jim lol.

No one argued with the last point either.

Nobody said it did, we're simply enjoying pissing in Liverpool's cornflakes for a moment.

Archived