BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grant Hanley

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a player this guy is becoming. Most improved player this season by far. Immense.

Seen him a few times this season and he certainly looks a prospect. Looks like and old school centre half, brave and good in the air.

Also as a Scotsman it's good to see him being included in the last few squads for our national team.

Long may it continue :ok:

Didn't see today's game but been good the last couple of months. Always thought he was a liability but he's got the right mentality, just lacked a bit of composure and experience. Hopefully he can have a good run of games and develop into a new Braveheart.

Seems to be getting better and better. Real bravery and he battles with the centre forwards. Big strong lad hopefully keeps it up with moany arse demanding a transfer every transfer window. Get you're dummy back in you're mouth samba you are paid very well indeed to play for blackburn rovers you twit. If i was kean i'd fine you two weeks wages and remind you that you signed a 5 year deal and unless someone bids 12mil + you aint going anywhere.

He's a no nonsense defender. Very simple.

His distribution needs to improve if he is to make it at this level.

But credit where credit is due - he has been outstanding recently.

Hanley is getting better with every game he plays. He is also gain more experience each and every game he plays.

His distribution will get better with Experience.

He has step up when Rovers needed him to!!!

Distribution very poor.

First touch poor.

Far too easily dragged out of position at times, especially at corners.

Having said that he stuck to his task well got in some good tackles and...he is young.

Disagree again with you here, why are you so negative against our players???

Hanley the last games has stepped up and looked awesome!

Dont mean ot get carried away but I honestly feel he could be a greater prospect that phil jones in time (IMO phil jones moved too soon and now looks suspect and not quite the natural leader I thought he was.) As long as he keeps up and im proves on his level of performances this could be YET another one off our conveyor belt of talent that has come out over the last 2 - 3 years. Barcalona eat your heart out!

I admit I haven't been convinced until the last few games where has performed brilliantly.

I think I was too quick to judge. With him breaking through so soon after Phil Jones I suppose it may have been difficult not to make comparisons, even subconsciously.

However he still has some way to go. Cracking performance today.

Must admit I've never had a lot of faith in him but has certainly come into his own in recent weeks as his confidence has improved. Good luck to him!

I think I read somewhere last week that Big Sam reckoned he was a better centre half than Jones when he was here.

I have to say he's always looked like he's operating at the absolute edge of his ability, meaning rash and late challenges and more than his fair share of penalties conceded. However he has certainly dramatically improved of late and if he keeps this up will be a ready-made replacement for Nelsen

I thought he was excellent today, second only to nzoni. I was one of many who thought he may be a liability, but changed my mind and think he has deserved his place in the team since the Bolton game. If only the owners would invest to give a bit of support to the young players and maybe we would have a decent chance of staying up.

I was told by Brockhall staff that, years ago, Hanley was considered a much, much better prospect than Phil Jones, but obviously things worked out differently.

Never been a big Hanley fan, but the last several games have swung me - looks a cracking prospect and has done well.

I was told by Brockhall staff that, years ago, Hanley was considered a much, much better prospect than Phil Jones, but obviously things worked out differently.

Never been a big Hanley fan, but the last several games have swung me - looks a cracking prospect and has done well.

It may work out better for Hanley in the long run, considering Jones' lacklustre displays of late.

Archived